Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hang out!!

Page: 1 of 1
 TyRaNis
05-29-2002, 2:58 PM
Where would people hang out in Galaxies???

Like..... On which planet will bountyhunters hang out!!!

I know its not a easy question to answer but give it a try!
 MikeC
05-29-2002, 3:41 PM
Not only is it not an easy question, I think it may be a pointless question. I don't think you will really see people hanging out in specific areas based on their occupation. They should (and I hope they will) be pretty well dispursed throughout the galaxy. The only exception I can see would be a possible tendancy for the scum to gravitate towards Jabba's palace on Tatooine.
 DudEhead
05-29-2002, 4:03 PM
there will prolly be a headquarter for each profession on a planet but that doesn't mean ppl will stay there all the time...
 DriveThru
06-05-2002, 11:47 PM
:monkey4:

I bet the Mos Eisley cantina will be like the Gfay/ECtunnel of EQ.
I personaly think Naboo would be a pretty cool planet to hang out on, or Tatooine (pinpoint womp rats when we get bored!)

:lsduel:
 Lord Helmet
06-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Anyone ever play anachronox...ill hang out at aplace like rowdy's with my office in the storage room lol..FREE DRINKS!
 Koffin
06-06-2002, 2:53 AM
Originally posted by MikeC
Not only is it not an easy question, I think it may be a pointless question. I don't think you will really see people hanging out in specific areas based on their occupation. They should (and I hope they will) be pretty well dispursed throughout the galaxy. The only exception I can see would be a possible tendancy for the scum to gravitate towards Jabba's palace on Tatooine.

brings up an interesting question. Will members of the rebel faction be able to hang out and "strutt their stuff" on imperial Coruscant without being targeted by AI.

On one hand it wouldnt be fair to deny them a planet, but in the interest of continuity it would be un-realistic.
 Ascari
06-06-2002, 6:26 AM
I dont believe Coruscant is in the game...
 Zendjir
06-06-2002, 6:50 AM

It isn't, unfortunatly :( maybe in a special coruscant expansion?

When I saw corsucant in EP II I was totally blown away! what a huge, active city! But it would be too much work for the devs at this point to recreate it, it would only dampen the quality of coruscant or the game mechanics. The devs don't have infinite amounts of time. They cant put alot of time in, for example, the game mechanics if they want to do a high quality coruscant aswell.
 Ascari
06-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Zendjir

It isn't, unfortunatly :( maybe in a special coruscant expansion?

When I saw corsucant in EP II I was totally blown away! what a huge, active city! But it would be too much work for the devs at this point to recreate it, it would only dampen the quality of coruscant or the game mechanics. The devs don't have infinite amounts of time. They cant put alot of time in, for example, the game mechanics if they want to do a high quality coruscant aswell.

yep Zenjir :)

They have to personally create EVERY building for a 18 km radius...

Since Coruscant is 1 big city :)

:cool:
 Jan Gaarni
06-06-2002, 12:19 PM
Don't forget, Imperial City on Coruscant is high too all over the place (except the poles).

The flat surfaces you see in the films and pictures arn't the ground. It's the top of buildings again. :D
 Koffin
06-06-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ascari

Damn, I could of swore I saw it mentioned somewhere. Maybe I saw it mentioned along time ago and it has since changed.

Oh well, in the interest of my education, someone post up the correct planets for me if ya dont mind.
 Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 6:42 AM
This is what is on the SWgalaxies.net site:

100%: We know the planet's going to be in Star Wars Galaxies.
90% - 99%: It fits all the 'requirements,' and there have been subtle hints dropped by the devs.
70% - 89%: There is a very good chance this planet will make it into SWG.
50% - 69%: This planet is well known and diverse enough to possibly make it into SWG.
25% - 49%: Not enough is known about this planet to make it into SWG, but it's still possible.
1% - 24%: There is very little chance this planet will be included in SWG. Most planets fall under this category.
0%: There is exactly no chance that this planet will ship with SWG. Duh.

Coruscant: Coruscant is widely viewed as the center of the political galaxy. Situated in the Galactic Core, the planet has been home to the current Government of the Galaxy, through the dark times of the Empire as well, since the dawn of the Old Republic. During Star Wars Galaxies, Coruscant is home to the Galactic Empire, as well as a number of criminal organizations, such as the infamous Black Sun. Much like Nar Shaddaa, but on a much larger scale, Coruscant is completely covered in cityscape, except for small areas near the poles. Coruscant is so utterly overpopulated that it could not sustain itself for more then a week on it's own, and therefore a large percentage of the food and supplies consumed by it's inhabitants is imported from other worlds.
Chance: 65%

http://www.swgalaxies.net/locations/)

there is still a slight chance
lets hope it will make it in the expansion :D

-Wraith 8-
Page: 1 of 1