Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP population?

Page: 1 of 1
 Grinch2020
05-29-2002, 3:10 AM
Now I am the first to admit that I dont have a whole lot of experience playing either AOK or SWGB. I played AOK for awhile and for some reason just could not get into it(I even like this time period).
I picked up SWGB on a whim and have grown to like it more and more. Besides the fact that it is set in the Star Wars, if I remember correctly, it has more units, a larger tech tree, and unique art for each race. Sorry if I am wrong here.
Here is the thing that I dont understand. I recently noticed on the zone that while SWGB has around 350 people on it, AOK tops out at almost 3000. What am I missing? I think that the AOE series has been around quite a bit longer but this is a big gap.
I remember when I played AOK, when I would look at the strategy guides it almost didnt seem like a game anymore. Strats were made where you should know what tech level you should be at almost down to the second.
What I am wondering here is why there is such a big gap in popularity. Sorry if this has been beaten into the ground but like I said I am new and would love to see the popuation of SWGB grow.
 DarthMuffin
06-01-2002, 6:08 PM
I'm not sure but I think that all those AoK players think that SWGB is the same game, with Star Wars units. So, they just don't look at it.
 TheMadDoofer
06-02-2002, 12:33 AM
In mp, AOK is not that hard-core-must get to this by this time sort of thing. It is becoming more relaxed now. At least I think so. By the way, it is a very fun game.

:fett:
Page: 1 of 1