Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Thought For Episode III

Page: 1 of 1
 ash_007
05-29-2002, 2:26 AM
As we all know Anakin gets his arm chopped off by that old man (Dooku) and has that weird looking robot arm at the end of the film. Well I was sitting here looking at this poster of vader and thought, it would be cool if he has a robotic arm similar to vaders hands like pieces of the armour then when he gets his @$$ kicked by obi wan he gets the rest. Just an idea
 MotionMan
05-29-2002, 11:45 AM
The reason he has the robotic arm is that lucas didnt want to make it seem like they had the technoglogy YET to have a human looking robotic hand like lukes in the original trilogy.

About the vader thing. The whole suit comes when he gets injured somehow in the fight with obi wan.*

*We think from what we read and loose talk we have heard;)
 DarthNoodles
05-29-2002, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by MotionMan
*We think from what we read and loose talk we have heard;)

Official Site says:
VADER:"Skywalker was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal. He abandoned his former identity. When metal coupled with flesh in the form of cyborg implants and enhancements required to sustain him, Skywalker's transformation was complete. He was no longer Anakin. He was Darth Vader. "

DARTH VADER'S SUIT:"Critically injured in a lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan Kenobi years ago, Vader became "more machine than man," kept alive only by the devices built into his suit."

It doesn't get much more official than that.
 MotionMan
05-29-2002, 1:32 PM
My point exactlly;)

I also think that is what is probably what is going to happen.

Plus I wouldnt be surprised if what we have read is changed a bit for the final cut...
Page: 1 of 1