Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OT Reshoots???

Page: 1 of 1
 NemoX
05-28-2002, 7:38 PM
"MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'."

I got that story off theforce.net...I was wondering if this is true, are they reshooting the OT.

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.html#16868)
 Duncan Barr
05-28-2002, 9:21 PM
Dunno about that- but it is definitely true that Lucas and ILM are putting together "Super" Special Editions to tie the OT right into the PT.

Lucas has joked about it being cool to see Bail Organa screaming "oh No!" as Alderaan is destroyed- he then went on to say that this would be best left alone as Leias horror is enough.

Plus presumably Padme might be killed on Alderaan with Bail if she is still alive?

Please dont let it be Padme turning up at the end of ROTJ for a reunion with Luke and Leia- is there a SW version of "Suprise Suprise?!"!
 Natty
05-29-2002, 2:37 AM
If Padmй turns up at the end of Jedi- ummmmmmmm she's gonna still look 20years younger than Luke and Leia :p
 Redwing
05-29-2002, 2:50 AM
Maybe with a few wrinkles like Palpatine...:p ;)
 Exar Kun II
05-29-2002, 3:49 AM
Well to hear George Lucas talk about DVD's you would think he had just discovered they existed. he sound like a kid with a new toy. I've herad that he is going to release a boxed set of all 6 on DVD, complete, uncut, and with all of the new footage included to tie in all of the movies(as someone here mentioned). I can't see a Disney land ending like Padme still being alive and embracing Leia and Luke. Leia said her mother died when she was very young. However, it will be worth the price, whatever the set will cost. START SAVING NOW!!!!
 ivaj
05-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Exar Kun II
START SAVING NOW!!!!
ya......whatever the cost....its gonna cost us.
 gLIido
05-29-2002, 11:29 AM
I doubt there will be any sort of reunion at the end of the movie. I believe that she will be briefly used for flashbacks when Leia talks about her mother.
 Demolisher
05-29-2002, 11:54 PM
I hope it's just a flashblack, but what I really want to see changed is putting Ian McDirmid in ESB instead of that other guy with the weird eyes. You mean to tell me that the guy can't come in and film a half minute scene with only 5 or 6 lines!?!?! :D
 matt--
05-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Demolisher
instead of that other guy with the weird eyes.:D
It was actually a woman, with the eyes editted out and monkey eyes editted in.
 MJ
05-30-2002, 12:38 AM
If they did have Padme, it would probably be as a ghost at the end. You know, up there with Ben Kenobi, Vader, and Yoda. Hell, put Mace Windu in there while you're at it.

And I'm not joking when I say this...

I read that story too. About Padme being put into RotJ. But I also read on scifi.com that Jar Jar Binks was going to be put into ANH.

George Lucas should be shot for even thinking about touching the Star Wars movies further.
 MJ
05-30-2002, 12:44 AM
Actually, now that I think of it...

Does anyone think that Lucas will actually go further than this? Such as entirely replacing the puppet Yoda from the original trilogy with CG1 instead?

Or getting look alikes to practice lightsaber fights so he can redo the deuls?

I wouldn't put the first one past him...
 Jedi_Monk
05-30-2002, 1:06 AM
I think the Yoda puppet might be touched up, like the ET puppet in the 20th anniversary edition... but not completely replaced. I wouldn't have any problem with a few Gungans being added into the background to add a bit more continuity. Flashbacks are the most likely way Portman and Christensen will get into the original trillogy, flashing to events while the dialogue is happening--those are really the most visually unexciting scenes in all Star Wars, just exposition, and the first rules of movies is: If you have a choice between showing and telling, always show it. Now Lucas has the opportunity to show it, and bind the Original Trillogy to the Prequel Trillogy and make them truely one long, continuous story. I also bet he goes in and touches up the lightsaber blades (particularly in ANH--I was real disappointed that he didn't do this in the SEs). Also, I hope he adds in the Biggs scene, and some other scenes that were cut; maybe improve the CG characters that were inserted (Jabba in ANH in particular).

He should have ILM go through all of the films and edit out the shadows created by the lightsaber blades. That's really annoyed me :p
 DannyJAllTheWay
05-30-2002, 1:14 AM
MTV sucks!! WTF do they know. I don't care if anyone can varify that MTV was right, I will still refuse to belive it until some other "reputable" place can varify it too.
 MJ
05-30-2002, 1:57 AM
Originally posted by DannyJAllTheWay
MTV sucks!! WTF do they know. I don't care if anyone can varify that MTV was right, I will still refuse to belive it until some other "reputable" place can varify it too.

Good point. He makes a very good point. MTV does indeed suck.

To make up your own mind though, I pulled this from scifi.com

Taken directly from Scifi.com
Rumors are circulating that George Lucas will insert footage of Natalie Portman as Padmй Amidala in Star Wars: Episode VI—Return of the Jedi, according to reports on the Ain't It Cool News Web site and MTV. The new footage will reportedly be shot during production of the upcoming Episode III prequel.

Lucas also reportedly told E! Online that the reason droids C-3P0 and R2-D2 have no memory of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is because their memories have been wiped prior to the beginning of Episode IV, the original Star Wars movie. "[C-3P0's] memory system has been erased, and so has R2's," Lucas told the site. "So they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode III, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that."

AICN also reported a wild rumor that the reviled computer-animated character Jar Jar Binks may wind up in a new, revised version of Episode IV.

Also on their news page is this little tidbit.

---------
George Lucas reiterated to the Infobeat Web site that he has no intention of creating a third Star Wars trilogy once he's done with the upcoming Episode III. "I thought it might be fun to bring Carrie [Fisher] and Mark [Hamill] and Harrison [Ford] back when they're 65 and make another movie with them," Lucas said. "But I'm going to be over 60 when I finish this, and it takes 10 years to do a trilogy. I'm not going to spend my last 10 years doing Star Wars."
---------

So I think he's going to give it up after episode III. Thank the holy zebra for that.
 Nebelwerfer_
05-31-2002, 5:49 AM
MTv does suck! They suck it big time, I would never believe them about anything.

No thank you MTv ,,i,
 Admiral Vostok
05-31-2002, 6:14 AM
They better not make flashbacks. Their are no flashbacks at the moment in Star Wars, and adding them in will change the style of the movies too much.

They better not put Gungans in the background. Not because I hate Jar Jar, I'm one of the few who love him, but because they don't leave Naboo, unless its to be a representative in the Galactic Senate, so adding them would mess up continuity.

They better not put Padme in with the rest of the spirits. She isn't a Jedi. Putting Mace and Qui-Gon there would cause Luke to say "who the hell are they?" as well.

The only thing I would be happy for them to do is show Naboo partying with the rest of the Galaxy at the end.
 MJ
05-31-2002, 12:00 PM
I thought that Padme was indeed strong with the force, which is why it appears that she hasn't aged in ten years. Am I wrong?
 MotionMan
05-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 8 of 12
I thought that Padme was indeed strong with the force, which is why it appears that she hasn't aged in ten years. Am I wrong?

Heh , good 1:)
 thelegalbeagle
05-31-2002, 9:42 PM
As far as the Special Editions are concerned, I was disappointed that Ian McDiarmid's voice at least wasn't used in ESB. While we are at it, why didn't George edit out the scene on Cloud City where you see Luke bounce back up off an out of shot trampoline when he jumps off the carbon freeze structure??!
 Keiran Halcyon
06-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 8 of 12

In theforce.net, AOC cutscenes, there is one about Yoda saying to Padmй that hte force is strong wth her. That will match with the black fleet crisis :)
 Natty
06-01-2002, 12:50 PM
I just don't see how having Padmй is gonna work- sure someone said that having Qui Gonn and Mace Windu would cause Luke to say who the hell are they- the same thing goes for Padmй though as well.

Least I have the origional trilogy(SP) on video so if they do stuff it up in anyway, I'll just watch episode1-3 on DVD and 4-6 on video :D

I do like the idea of adding Naboo to the party scene at the end of Jedi though, the rest of it just sounds way too dodgy
Page: 1 of 1