Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NEED HELP LEV. 6

Page: 1 of 1
 Fritztoten
03-12-2001, 10:23 PM
I'm on Level 6, and I need help. I'm to the point where I have to trade items to get the pod racer parts for Anakin. This is what I have so far.
Servo Control System
Fuel Conv. A
Engine Binder
I THINK I still need a Mass Coupler, WHERE can I get one to complete what I need. It said go to Teemo in the bar, use the mind trick and get one, well it never came up, so thats out. I have been STUCK on this for 2 days now, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
Thanks
Fritz
PS-When I get the stuff do I go to Watto, or back to Anakin? I know I'm near the end of the level, but this is driving me NUTS!!!
 Bakudo
03-12-2001, 10:50 PM
Have you tried to kill the gangsters in the slave quarters, you know, where there is the guy who tells you he wants his home back? You can get some stuff there...
 Redwing
03-12-2001, 11:08 PM
http://www.playcenter.com/PC_Games/Cheats/Star_Wars_Episode_1_The_Phantom_Menace_Walkthrough) _PC.htm

Go here, there's an excellent trading guide. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-12-2001, 11:12 PM
You know there's a few variation of that puzzle. I think if you start the level over you get to fetch some other crap and all... Mine was easy the first time, and the second took me 2 days to figure out...

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
But the memory remains...
 Fritztoten
03-12-2001, 11:32 PM
I saved the ladys boy, got him from the cage, and I also got the gansters out of the mans house, so I got both the items from them. When I went to Barbos shop the guide I have stated he would turn me down, and I'm to go out back and whack his guards, well he didn't turn me down, and I ended up trading with him. So as you see I still have to get that last item Mass Coupler.
Thanks
fritz
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-13-2001, 2:04 AM
There dude, since you didn't get the hint of the link, here it is! The whole thing:

Mos Espa Trading Guide

The following is a list of all the different trade options. Two things determine the direction you can move in the trading process: the item you received from Watto, and what you traded away first (after Watto). I'm providing such descriptive options because most people get stuck when they are in the middle of the trading process, and the first item they traded away affects the rest of the trade. So just look at what item you received from Watto, what you've traded away, and you should have the rest of the solution.

You CAN kill people for parts. But when you take them to Anakin, he will say that he won't take things from a murderer like you! It's kind of funny.

If you saved Vek Drow (the merchant being robbed) and Tomo (the kid in the cage) BEFORE you talked to Anakin outside Watto's shop, you couldn't get the engine binder and repulse booster from them at that point.
You will have to talk to Anakin first, where he must tell you he needs a servo control and an mass coupler. This is the trigger that will allow you to start trading for podracer parts. Then you may go back to the people you
saved, and the other merchants, to get the podracer parts The most common problem is finding an extra fuel convertor. Make sure you get the fuel convertor from the Junkyard Jawa's in the desert. When the Jawa's broke down the wall in the junkyard, you should have followed them into the desert to get the fuel convertor. If you didn't, you'll have to go back down to the slave quarters (end of blue street), through Shmi's house to the backyard, and through the junkyard again.

Another way to get an extra fuel convertor is from Barbo's Thug. AFTER you have a Servo Control in your possession (or it may not work), go to Barbo's shop (near Padme and Watto's). Talk to him and ask him if he wants to trade for podracer parts. He should say no, and let you out to the back of the shop. If the door closes, talk to him again and make sure you get through quicker this time. There will be one or more thugs out back, and be careful because a floor gun will start shooting at you. Grab the fuel convertor in the corner, and jump onto the platform near the wall. On the other side, you'll find yourself near the entrance to the city. Just keep the wall on your left side as you walk, and you'll come to the entrance fairly quickly.

The last way to get an extra fuel convertor is down on blue street. Go to the "slashing prices" merchant. Turn around, and you should see the "blue street" sign near where the road curves across the street. To the left of this sign is what looks like someone's tent. To the left of the tent is an empty stall with a brown tarp covering the top. Right behind this empty stall is a very tiny alley. Depending on how you've done your trading, a fuel convertor may show up here if you need it (and not beforehand).
People and Places

Watto: Watto is easy to find, since you should have already dealt with him at this point. His shop is at the end of orange street.

Teemto: You can find Teemto in the bar (cantina) on black street. He's the little drunk alien fellow.

Mawhonic: Mawhonic has a podracer repair shop on blue street . Find the R2 unit working on a podracer, and you've found Mawhonic's shop. Go between the pods to get to the back of his shop.

Barbo: Barbo's a slow guy, and he's always chatting with the guard by the stairs on orange street. His shop is close to where Padme is standing (near Watto's). You will have to coax Barbo into his shop. Either stand in his shop and wait about 30 seconds, or go bug him by the stairs, and run back to his shop and wait again. He'll show up eventually. Don't mind trick Barbo for a servo control, it's a fake trick and you will never a servo control from him that way.

Cheesy Merchant: This guy is in a corner on blue street . You better stand back mister, because he's going to slash... all his prices!

Watto gave you a hydrospanner

Trade Option 1 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, hydrospanner

Fuel Convertor: Jedi mind trick Teemto OR get from Junkyard Jawas OR blue street alley

Servo Control: trade your fuel convertor and repulse booster to Barbo

Mass Coupler: trade your engine binder and hydrospanner to Mawhonic

Trade Option 2 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, hydrospanner

Servo Control: trade your engine binder and repulse booster to Teemto

Fuel Converter: trade your hydrospanner to Mawhonic

Extra Fuel Convertor: get from Junkyard Jawa OR Barbo's Thug OR blue street alley

Mass Coupler: trade your two fuel convertors to the "slashing prices" merchant on blue street

Watto gave you one fuel convertor

Trade Option 1 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, 1 Watto fuel convertor

Extra Fuel Convertor: get from Junkyard Jawas OR Barbo's Thug OR blue street alley

Mass Coupler: trade two fuel converters to the "slashing prices" merchant

Trade Option 2 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, 1 Watto fuel convertor

Servo Control: trade Barbo your fuel convertor and repulse booster

Extra Fuel Convertor: jedi mind trick Teemto

Extra Fuel Convertor #2: get from Junkyard Jawas or Barbo's Thug OR blue street alley

Mass Coupler: trade two fuel convertors to the "slashing prices" merchant

Watto gave you two fuel convertors

Trade Option 1 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, 2 Watto fuel convertors

Servo Control: trade repulse booster and fuel convertor to Barbo

Extra Fuel Convertor: mind trick Teemto OR Junkyard Jawas OR from Barbo's Thug OR blue street alley

Trade Option 2 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, 2 Watto fuel convertors

Watto gave you nothing (you didn't trade with him)

Trade Option 1 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, Naboo fusion coil

Fuel Convertor: mind trick Teemto OR get from Junkyard Jawas OR blue street alley

Mass Coupler: trade your Naboo fusion coil and engine binder to the "slashing prices" merchant

Servo Control: trade your fuel converter and repulse booster to Barbo

Trade Option 2 Requires: repulse booster, engine binder, Naboo fusion coil

Fuel Convertor: get from Junkyard Jawas

Extra Fuel Convertor: get from Barbo's Thug OR blue street alley

Mass Coupler: trade your two fuel convertors to the "slashing prices" merchant

Well I got a head ache... You think you could just say "please" and that would work!

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
 Fritztoten
03-13-2001, 7:13 AM
Dude I DID get the link, and the idea, but sometimes people still need a lil' help. I have the trading guide printed out, and have had it, but I'm new to this game, its my 1st Star Wars game, so I'm not use to how this works. Doesn't matter I figured it out on my own, and now on the 7th level!
Fritz
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-14-2001, 1:42 AM
Sometimes the best way to beat a level is to get away from it for a half hour or something and then go back... That's what I used to beat TPM 'cause it was driving me crazy.

Hey, I didn't know if you had it or not. The way it's explained is the way to do it. I mean there's so many possibilities, as you can see, that it's hard to explain 'em all. That was simpler... I'm lazy, sue me!

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
 Redwing
03-14-2001, 1:05 PM
Woohoo! TPM was also my first game. (back in December) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Garindan
03-15-2001, 4:37 PM
my first sw game was super empire strikes back, then rebel assault!
Page: 1 of 1