Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Qui-Gon?

Page: 1 of 1
 D@rth Anakin
05-28-2002, 2:36 PM
Is it me or do we hear Qui-Gon's voice right after Anakin slaughters the Tuskens? I've seen the movie twice and I've heard him yelling "Anakin! Anakin!" when Yoda is meditating.
 Skyro
05-28-2002, 3:36 PM
Yes, that really is Qui-Gon! I heard that this event would somehow become a major plot point in Episode III. I also heard that this was the first time ever in Star Wars history that a Jedi has even spoke from the grave. Interesting.
 Ferox
05-28-2002, 6:35 PM
hmm, in the original trilogy obi wan was dead and he talked and showed himself, and in the end so was yoda and darth.

you mean that this is the first time in the star wars world it happened?
 ivaj
05-28-2002, 6:37 PM
first time in jedi history?
really?
there must be something before it.
 Exar Kun II
05-28-2002, 7:50 PM
Originally posted by D@rth Anakin
Is it me or do we hear Qui-Gon's voice right after Anakin slaughters the Tuskens? I've seen the movie twice and I've heard him yelling "Anakin! Anakin!" when Yoda is meditating.

After reading your statement, I was so intrigued that I went and saw Episode 2 for a third time. Indeed, it is Qui-Gon's voice. i've heard that Qui-Gon is supposed to return in his spirit form in Episode 3. That will be interesting to see.
 GidionTheDead
05-28-2002, 8:15 PM
According to the novelization (which, unlike the EU material, is considered canon) this is the first time a (light side) Jedi returned or at least spoke from beyond the grave.

It is likely that Yoda will now begin to develop the techinque to remain as a ghost in this world, while the body dissolves.

It is generally seen as a sign for the inbalance of the force.
Page: 1 of 1