Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Transparency?

Page: 1 of 1
 Redwing
03-07-2001, 6:17 AM
I just looked at some old topics, went to Master Qui-Gon's website, and---the water & bubbles at Otoh Gunga were TRANSPARENT! They are opaque in the game I have! What's going on?

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-07-2001, 2:55 PM
Maybe it's the video card or the level of graphic you have set at. The water in the game when I play is transparent...

------------------
You can do it your own way
Just as long as it's done just how I say...
 Boba Rhett
03-07-2001, 3:39 PM
If you look in the performance settings, i'm pretty sure they have a transparency option.

------------------
I live here ya know.
 Zanzibar
03-07-2001, 7:48 PM
AHA - I think you have a video card that we had troubles with. From the TPM Launcher, go to Hardware Configuration, and select Use Additive Blending.

I've seen video cards that this gives a REALLY COOL glowing effect to the bubbles, making it look even more like the movie than the rest of the video cards do.
 Redwing
03-08-2001, 5:37 AM
I read the README and you're right, I have aproblem driver. But when I click on Video or Joystick options, it tells me I need DirectX 6.1 or higher. I tell it to install. But it says I already HAVE above DirectX 6.1 (which I do: DirectX 8.0) and installation is unnecessary. But options STILL don't work!

------------------
 Zanzibar
03-08-2001, 3:46 PM
AHA - it might be a problem that LEC released a patch for in its launcher that had a DirectX 7 crash bug... not sure if you've tried it already.

Look for the TPM update at: http://support.lucasarts.com/)
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-08-2001, 10:47 PM
Every time you wrote AHA I think those tones that play on the tv show Law & Order... it's like a paaam paaam... It's quite funny actually!

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
But the memory remains...
 Redwing
03-09-2001, 2:14 AM
An update!? (Hitting myself)

------------------
 Redwing
03-09-2001, 3:10 AM
AWESOME! It worked and it looks great! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

------------------
Page: 1 of 1