Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Bottom Of The Ladder.........

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Apprentice
05-27-2002, 10:43 PM
I got to thinking and well, everyone here wants to be either a Jedi/Bounty Hunter/or the TOP dog. and well is there anyone here planning on being a quiet farmer or a shop owner or anything like that. Im not saying Im going to do that but just wondering about everyone else.
 gavor
05-28-2002, 1:10 AM
It's a bit of a generalisation to say we ALL want to be a Jedi/BH/Madine. Of course we'd all like to be the best we can, but that doesnt mean having to be the regional commander or strike force leader. Some just want to run a good shop or serve the best beer(or SW equivalent).

I think it's just that the Jedi wannabe and BH hopefuls make more noise, starting amusing PA's and boasting about non-existant l33t skilz.

The plan for my primary character is to explore. I don't care if i'm the best explorer or if I go on to become top rebel scouting person(as an example) or best smuggler. I just wanna play the game, make friends and RP it as bet I can.

One of my character's, Captain Shane, is meant to be an idiot who's not so good at doing anything except getting into trouble and playing strip beer challenge.
 JekRendar
05-28-2002, 2:22 AM
He's not generalizing, he's tell the TRUTH!!!

Eveyone wants to be thosee things here!

I'd prefer to command an Alliance squad! General Jek! Actaully, I wouldn't mind, being an Alliance sympathizer Medic (and then study botany and find a cure for EVERYTHING and be rich, Rich, RICH!!!) Put a bounty out and any one that tries to stop me! ;)
 Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 9:59 AM
i want to be a transport Tycoon... not at first.. just grow nit by bit.. starting with a speeder wich transports some goods from A to B. :D.. and then when the space expansion comes out.. i wnat to start a transport company.. low prices to get to the other side of the galaxy.. and of course cargo shipment.. and maybe some smuggling. :D ill start off small.. and maybe even open up a shop or 2 :D
 svein_c
05-28-2002, 10:53 AM
I think i want to be a brawling tatoo artist. sounds good doesnt it!!:D
 ivaj
05-28-2002, 11:15 AM
I would think that they would setup some NPC's to be some of these rolls, seeing as how most people want to be jedi's/bounty hunters.
 DudEhead
05-28-2002, 4:12 PM
about the transport character, will there be a system for that cause how else am i sure u'll deliver the goods and not just keep em for yourself :)
 MikeC
05-28-2002, 6:06 PM
One of my character's, Captain Shane, is meant to be an idiot who's not so good at doing anything except getting into trouble and playing strip beer challenge.

Welcome to gavor's PA of the Pantless. :eek:

I don't want to be a Jedi or bounty hunter or anything fancy like that. All I want to do is assassinate the Emperor and place myself on his thrown.
 DudEhead
05-28-2002, 6:08 PM
lol... u gonna receive some L33T sparkly thingies... i'd just bend over and take it like a man :)
 Ascari
05-28-2002, 7:23 PM
Originally posted by DudEhead
about the transport character, will there be a system for that cause how else am i sure u'll deliver the goods and not just keep em for yourself :)

Cause u'll spread the word that he's a bad trader, and in hi's (also mine) kind of work, reputation is everything.

U have much to learn :)
 gavor
05-28-2002, 10:04 PM
I've revised my philosophy to be a firmly 'pants on' experience. It's winter here in Australia.

Now...has anyone seen my pool pony?:confused:
 JekRendar
05-29-2002, 1:41 AM
You like to wear pants too. Didn't want to see an Aussie in his undies (Or do Aussies wear undies?)
 gavor
05-29-2002, 3:40 AM
We wear undies with corks hanging off em. Keeps the flies away.
 Wraith 8
05-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ascari
Cause u'll spread the word that he's a bad trader, and in hi's (also mine) kind of work, reputation is everything.

U have much to learn :) lol.. yeah we in the trade business... have it hard... and we never want to know the odds :D
 MikeC
05-29-2002, 11:51 AM
:c3po: The odds of successfully navigating this forum are nearly 720,000 to 1.
 Wraith 8
05-29-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by MikeC
:c3po: The odds of successfully navigating this forum are nearly 720,000 to 1. never tell me the odds :D
 Demangel
05-30-2002, 4:14 AM
Ok just so you know I am a jedi wannabe hopeful... but I have a secondary career path planned out.

If I can't be a Jedi, or while I'm trying to become one I should say. i want to do something involving space, and exploration/travel. Of course something combative. like an X-wing pilot or somehting.

i would love to have my own transport ship and make various runs. so I would say my second career path will be revolving around this aspect of the game. not sure what career it will make itself into, but it WILL have something to do with travel to distant places, and owning my own vessel.... even if it's a dinky space winnibago (<---spelt wrong :() with a Mog as my copilot...

So hopefully this will be a fun alternate game plan for me... though I would have a hard time choosing between the traveler path and the x_wing path... I'd prolly make two characters one for the traveling, and one for the X-wing pilot heheh.
 Wraith 8
05-30-2002, 4:43 AM
uhm,... you know that the space expansion comes out fall 2003 dont you?? so you will have to wait a whole year :( sorry ... i wnat to do the same thing :)
Page: 1 of 1