Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Statistics sheets

Page: 1 of 1
 Ready Wan
05-27-2002, 9:32 PM
Is anyone working on stat sheets that detail each unit, like the ones that were made for AOK?

Captain Kidd's Civ Scorecard was a HUGE help when playing random civs....is anyone working
 DarthMaulUK
05-28-2002, 6:22 AM
What's a 'stats sheet'?

Do you mean things like units attack, hitpoints and shields? If you do, check out our Civilisation section. It's the ONLY section in the SWGB community to have info on SWGB & Clone Campaigns.

DMUK

www.galacticbattles.com/civilizations)
 Ready Wan
05-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Yes this is in line with what I was looking for. :)
thanks!

In Age of Kings there were some statistics sheets made for printing and easy comparison with other units (build times, cost, HP, Armor, etc).

Is there anything like this?
 D'Blee
05-28-2002, 11:25 PM
The thing is with SWGB, though, that the stats as they appear on screen are not particularly informative. Even more so than in AOK, the bonuses that every unit gets vs. every other unit are the really important thing - and almost every single unit gets a bonus of some sort against everything else.

I don't intend any offence at all to DarthMaulUK or to his site, which is well put-together and which helped immeasurably in sating my lust for Clone Campaigns (it only came out here in Japan last week). However, unlike Age of Kings and Conquerors, SWGB and CC and their accompanying documentation seem to have been designed to be technically opaque and inaccessible; there is very little meaningful data visible between the manual, the in-game tech trees and the game itself.

Possibly LucasArts intends players to get an instinctive "feel" for the relative strengths and weaknesses of the units through playing the game a lot, rather than through poring over lists of numbers. It's a bit annoying though. You look at the hps and shields of, say, an Air Cruiser, and at those of a fighter, and it's a bit of a shock when the AC doesn't weather AA fire much better than the fighter.

In any case, a table of pre-CC unit bonuses can be found at MrFixit, here: http://www.rtscentral.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=654570)

These apparently took the guy 32 hours of work, though, so don't hold your breath waiting for a CC update...
 Ready Wan
05-29-2002, 2:33 AM
thanks D'Blee! That is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.....hopefully someone will update the statistics for the CC changes.
CC really changed everything, and at least for me, made the game interesting and fun (it's sat on the shelf since the first week I bought it way back when).

I personally LIKE to pour over stat sheets to get a mental image for strategies and ideas.

-rw
 Kryllith
05-30-2002, 6:24 PM
Is there a place where the various mounted troopers and unique units are listed in your Civilization section, DarthMaulUK? I found the Fambaa generators under gungan heavy weapons, the A-wing was in the Rebel air (but not the Speeder). I didn't look at all the civilizations, so I don't know if other unique units are missing (or if the ones I couldn't find like mounted troopers were presented in only some of the civilizations).

Kryllith
Page: 1 of 1