Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skill Ratings

Page: 1 of 1
 Vicomte de Valmont
02-25-2001, 3:59 AM
I just completed The Phantom Menace on PlayStation. After suffering the death of Qui-Gon, I faced another miserable indignity at the end of the game. My play was rated as that of a "Tew Leki Dancing Girl" (I think). Does anyone have the comparative rankings achievable for TPM game? Is "dancing girl" really a poor score?
 Zanzibar
03-01-2001, 8:14 PM
I'll see if I can dig up my old list. I think the Twi'Lek Dancing Girl is a 3 or 4. Don't feel bad, tho, because I know how difficult the final level is. Dying and/or restarting can affect your score, and with all the jumping between the rings, dying happens early and often. We put the scoring system in there as basically a 'difficulty' setting, so that if you breeze thru a level, your score goes up, making the enemies move a tad faster, and shoot more accurately. And, thus, if you die a lot, it becomes easier. Then, at the end, we wanted a 'ranking' system so that you might want to play the game again, so we just reported that number on a chart, showing how you finished each level. That's why almost everyone's score goes up and up, and then maybe takes a step or two down for the Final Battle level.
 Zanzibar
03-01-2001, 8:57 PM
AHA! Here it is, directly from the TPM archives:

0 "Dung Worm"
1 "Twi Lek Dancing Girl"
2 "Protocol Droid"
3 "Watto's Flunky"
4 "Naboo Royal Guard"
5 "Jabba's Champion"
6 "Padawan Learner"
7 "Jedi Novice"
8 "Jedi Knight"
9 "Jedi Master"
X "Cheater" (If you use any cheat codes, you get this rank at the end)
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-03-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Zanzibar:
X "Cheater" (If you use any cheat codes, you get this rank at the end)

And an e-mail is sent to all your friends automatically, making them all laugh at you. Your mom and dad are contacted and they laugh as well. You get a shock from your keyboard, your speakers laugh at you, and your computer's hard drive formats. Your basement floods and your car breaks down. Oh and you lose your job and your gf leaves you for the mailman...

I'm telling ya those guys at Big Ape don't like cheaters!

------------------
You can do it your own way
Just as long as it's done just how I say...
 Garindan
03-03-2001, 12:50 PM
lol so, they have included a difficulty adjustment system, exactly what was in battle for naboo??????!?!?!?!?!?!? AWESOME!!!!!!! man, i think i like the phantom menace even more now that i know that there's a dynamic difficulty adjustment system!
 Redwing
03-03-2001, 10:53 PM
Any cheats? Or just the ones that heal you/ give you weapons? Please tell me codes like "perf" and "naughty naughty" won't give me a bad rating?
And---does a trainer affect it? http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Zanzibar
03-05-2001, 4:26 PM
Ah - good point, and here's what I believe to be true about the 'cheater' rank:

If you use a cheat that changes your life amount and/or weapons or ammo, that is a 'cheater' cheat.

Now, I don't know if using a skill level cheat like 'istink' or 'ireallystink' (those adjust your skill level downwards) are considered a 'cheater' cheat. Do so at your own risk http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)
 Garindan
03-05-2001, 5:56 PM
what about the naughty naughty cheat??? that's my FAVORITE since you can see the people upclose, and it looks more real (it's hard to control when in close combat, but you can shoot down battle droids without them even noticing you (which is kinda cool). How many different questions are there and how many answers to them are there that you ask/answer the different characters?
 Redwing
03-06-2001, 3:13 AM
What about "happy"? (makes light repeating blaster fire tank /flamethrower rounds)

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
Page: 1 of 1