Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saved Game, Zanzi**.sav files - please help

Page: 1 of 1
 picard34
05-12-2000, 11:07 PM
I had to rebuild my PC recently and I un-installed Episode 1. I had 4 saved games which were not deleted when I uninstalled the actual game. The entire PC hard drive was erased and reformatted. I reloaded the games I have and tried to put the saved game files (Zanzi01.sav etc.) back into the saved games folder. I have helped out my brother with some tougher levels by trading these files and have had no problems in the past. Now since the rebuild it will not recognize any past *.sav files. Anyone have any ideas?
 Zanzibar
05-16-2000, 7:01 PM
Try this...try opening TPM, starting the first level, and saving off several bogus games with different names. Those save files will be created with zanzi00 etc. etc. THEN try copying over those save files with the ones you already have. I bet that will solve it.

TPM, I believe, has a file stored somewhere that includes the save file names, and I bet you can't load a save game unless that file name list includes the save game filename in question. (I don't think I could be any less clear, do you? Let me know if this doesn't make sense.)

[This message has been edited by Zanzibar (edited May 16, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1