Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is Dooku clueless or just acting clueless?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthNoodles
05-27-2002, 5:39 PM
In the Geonosian "War Room" where the separatists are watching their army get their butt whipped, Dooku makes the comment:
"Where could the Jedi have come up with an army so fast?"

Since Dooku hired Jango as the original for the clone for the army so what's up with his comment?

1) He's playing the Confederates for fools, not letting on that he knew about the army. This is the most probable.

2) Didn't know the Jedi had found out about the army and so didn't think thye would have use of it. Not likely since Jango would have told him about Obi Wan's visit.

3) Dooku had never seen the clones and so didn't know that was the army helped create. Again not likely but it is possible he hadn't been back to Kamino.

I think the answer is (1) but I'm looking for others' input.
 MotionMan
05-27-2002, 7:23 PM
Well mabe sidious put the order to make the clones...

or maybe he was trying to act ignorant in front of the sepratists. Remember that he acted ignorant like this when he was trying to get obi wan to join him . He acted liked he wasnt working with sidious.
 Darth Kaan
05-27-2002, 7:26 PM
Dooku is playing both ends. Interesting character. I am really looking forward to episode3.

:dsaber:
 husuris
05-27-2002, 8:30 PM
Dooku returns to Sidious telling him that this war has started.
So my guess is that this was the plan after the death of Darth Maul 10 years ago (approximately when the clone army was ordered)
Your first conclusion seem as the most logic one
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 2:56 AM
Dooku hired Jango. I'm sure he knew why. Plus Sidious knew everything that was going to happen. He laughs about it at the end of the movie.

So Dooku is simply playing his "confederates" for fools.
 Craz
05-28-2002, 3:32 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
So Dooku is simply playing his "confederates" for fools.

And soon Dooku will be played the fool when Darth kills him to take his place at the Emporer's side.
 Andy867
05-28-2002, 7:43 PM
we all know that Dooku is well aware of the army.. He even says to Sidious the war has begun... He knew of the Droid army and the Clone Army. there is even one scene where he kind of gives a head movement where he was like "Thank god they found the clones." And for those who didn't catch on or for those who think the clones aren't actual clones of Jango, there is a line where the Prime minister says after Obi-Wan questions, who was the original host. and the Prime minister replies "A Bounty Hunter by the name of Jango Fett." Don't question me on this, I have the whole movie... :-P Anyway, remember, jango was hired to just provide the DNA for the clones, so to him, it was just a job. but he mentions that he was recruited by a man called Tyranis on one of the moons of Bolta. AKA Count Dooku. sp, that's my explanation on whether or not Dooku is clueless.. I say he isn't... remember, the Sith or known for lies, deceit, and creating mistrust.
 MotionMan
05-28-2002, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by Andy867
Don't question me on this, I have the whole movie... :-P

Hook me up!:D
 Redwing
05-29-2002, 2:37 AM
Why would you want a cruddy bootleg copy anyway...:p
Page: 1 of 1