Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Will Anakin get his ass kicked in Ep3?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bluezman
05-27-2002, 4:55 PM
Ok, I know that he will turn into Vader and become all powerful and everything. What we all wonder about is the development of the plot, how will he fall for the dark side?

I think that there are some hints in Ep2 that he will get serious trouble from the Jedi council at the beginnning of Episode III:

- He disobeyed his Master, Obi Wan, on several occasions: by attacking Count Dooku to quickly, by his several debates, e.g. in the gunship where Obi Wan has to yell at him so that he gets back to his senses.

- He doesn't hide the fact that he is in love with Padme (they kiss in public, he wants to rescue her out of his selfish emotions etc.) and has an "affair" with her, thus disobeying the Jedi codex.

- The Council probably will find out about him killing all the Tuskans, Yoda maybe saw part of it in his vision. He talked about "young Skywalker being in pain", which leads to the dark side, so they need to do something about it.

- Did you notice Mace Windu at the end asking Obi Wan: "where is your apprentice!?". It sounded like "he'd better get here, we need to talk to him, we're really pissed at him." Maybe Obi Wan gets part of the blame, too.

So maybe he gets expelled from the Jedi order and thus turns to the dark side (amongst other reasons). What do the Jedi do with Jedi who disobey the rules anyway? I mean do they simply kick them out? That would be very dangerous, like, if someone is about to fall for the dark side and he then would be excluded from the Jedi order, well, what would YOU do? If the good
guys don't want you anymore, well lets turn to the Sith. That can't be in the interest of the Jedi, can it?

Any comments?
 Boba Rhett
05-27-2002, 5:04 PM
There's only been 20 Jedi to ever leave the order. So it's not a real big problem. :) And yes, Anakin get's whipped in the next movie by Obi-Wan.
 Bluezman
05-27-2002, 6:12 PM
Ah well, we know that he finally gets whipped by Obi Wan, falls into some volcano and afterwards has to wear that ugly mask and everything.

That probably happens versus the end of EpIII as it's some sort of climax.

I was speaking about what happens next... Like when he comes back from Naboo, what will the Council do to him? Will they expell him? Will this speed up his "decision" to turn to the dark side ?(well, IF there is an actual decision, Anakin is supposed to be a tragic hero which is by definition someone who does the bad thing but can't really help it. So he might not really decide to go for the dark side but rather FALL for it, literally spoken...)
 Doodle Dude of Doom
05-27-2002, 6:22 PM
A Volcano? How do you know that!? Hello!!!!: Mr. Lucas is writin the manuscript now. At least he said that in an interview
 Jaster21801
05-27-2002, 7:06 PM
Well, in all of Vader's "histories", it says that he fell into a pit of molten material, thus completing his descent into being made of flesh and metal. Remember, Obi-Wan KNOWS that Vader is "More machine now, than man". So Obi-Wan is probably the one who dishes it out to him... Or at least watches Anakin being defeated
 Bluezman
05-28-2002, 6:11 AM
Jaster, as in several other posts you are being more accurate than me in your wording *bows his head* :)

It is actually no volcano but rather a lava pit or a pit of molten material. I think it is also mentioned somewhere in an official source, so it can be considered correct.

As for Lucas writing the script for EpIII right now: I agree, but the script is merely used to transform the story into a movie. The storyline itself is pretty much set, I guess.
 GB_StormTrooper
05-28-2002, 8:16 AM
Hey dont forget about the part where Yoda is thinking hard right before Mace Windu comes in and you hear Obi Wan yell, "Anakin, NO!" Thats a small part which will probably happen in Epi III. ;)
 Bluezman
05-28-2002, 8:28 AM
Hey dont forget about the part where Yoda is thinking hard right before Mace Windu comes in and you hear Obi Wan yell, "Anakin, NO!" Thats a small part which will probably happen in Epi III. That's what I referred to as "Yoda's vision".
In some post I read that actually the voice that screamed "Anakin, NOOOO" wasn't Obi Wan's but Qui-Gon Jinn's (?!?!?!) Yodas vision may see the future, the past, voices from the dead....who knows?
By the way, was it just me or did you hear at the end of his vision a noise of Vader's breathing?
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 8:54 AM
It's been confirmed that it *was* Liam Neeson that said that.
 Bluezman
05-28-2002, 9:39 AM
"Hmmm. Dangerous and disturbing, this puzzle is. Meditate on it, I will". -- Yoda
 Jaster21801
05-28-2002, 10:27 AM
I think I also remember hearing that in the credits it says something like:

Voice Beyond The Grave Liam Neeson

Can anyone verify this?
 FEAR_IS_MY_ALLY
05-28-2002, 10:38 AM
I've got a feeling that Obi-Wan is going to lay a nasty beating down on Anikan/Vader at some point during Episode III......thus leading into why Vader needed that suit to keep him alive.

It would be pretty cool if Yoda or Mace had something to do with it as well.

If only Maul were still around....(sniff...sniff)
 Jaster21801
05-28-2002, 12:03 PM
well, according to that EU background shtuff... Obi-Wan duels with Vader/Anakin after he has turned to the dark side. And I think the history says that they're fighting alone. So I dunno. But in short, yeah, Anakin gets his "chosen one punk ass" beat down by Obi-Wan in Ep III.
 ivaj
05-28-2002, 12:25 PM
I've heard that they are already starting to train in austraila for the fight scene.
 MotionMan
05-28-2002, 12:49 PM
I think that anikin kills off alot of jedi. Then in the battle with Obi wan, Anikin is winning the duel. Obi wan somehow manages to either trip or drop some thing on anikin to injure him or drop him into something. I think by the time anakin fights obi wan , anikin is much more powerfull than obi wan. Since he has killed alot of the jedis. The only way obi wan beats him was by using some kind of other tactic like being sneaky(ex. luring him into a hole or whatever).
It will be like the Darth Maul vs. obi wan, Qui Gon fight. Darth Maul was clearly winning the fight. He should have won it , but he was too confident and obi wan tricked him and killed him.

I think something along those lines will happen
:cool:
 Bluezman
05-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Quote from Starwars.com Skywalker was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal. He abandoned his former identity. When metal coupled with flesh in the form of cyborg implants and enhancements required to sustain him, Skywalker's transformation was complete. He was no longer Anakin. He was Darth Vader.

So it seems we are in for some serious fighting in EpIII. Yoda and Windu don't seem to be involved. Doesn't make sense either, because Anakin wouldn't be able to beat the three of them.

If you read the rest of the stuff about Vader on starwars.com (which is supposed to be canon BTW, isn't it?) he will duel Obi Wan and then due to his injuries transform into Vader. He then becomes the apprentice of Plapatine and by him is ordered to kill the Jedi. Then -quote- he and his agents -unquote- kill most of the Jedi.
 Jaster21801
05-28-2002, 2:46 PM
Hmmm... sounds a lot like Maw in Jedi Knight... I wish that game worked on my computer... such a great game...
 Bluezman
05-29-2002, 11:56 AM
uuuhhh.... Maw.. what? I didn't geddit... :confused:
 Jaster21801
05-29-2002, 2:42 PM
in the old game (1997 I think...) Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Maw is this dark Jedi who was cut in half by someone but relies on his hatred to survive. That was all I was saying...

"His burning anger kept him alive"
 Jedi_Monk
05-30-2002, 1:43 AM
The "official" source for the whole lava pit thing is the Return of the Jedi novelization. Do not rely on it! In the same section (where Obi-Wan is telling Luke the truth about his father), it says that Owen Lars is Obi-Wan's brother--and we know that is not true.

Vader tells Luke when he is trying to turn him in the Emperor's Throne Room, "Obi-Wan once thought as you do..." so I'm guessing Anakin has already started his slaughter of the Jedi, but Obi-Wan confronts his apprentice hoping to turn him back to the Light Side. During the battle, Anakin convinces Obi-Wan that there is no hope for him, and begins to earnestly try to destroy him. How Anakin is disfigured is unknown, as the "official" source has already been contradicted by the movies once.
 Mobius47
05-30-2002, 1:27 PM
this is a serious spoiler about the origin of vader
I WARNED YOU:

the saber fight vs obiwan is @ corasant and really high
anakin gets badly wounded in the fight, and to prevent capture he jumps down
but amidala is waiting for him in a ship but he gets mauled in the impact
they fly to a place further away and boba rendevous with them and captures them, there is a strugle and amidala dies
boba takes them to that dude who fought yoda and he convinces anakin to join the dark side and provides anakin with medical attention and artificial body parts
anakin in turn provides info and passcodes to acess areas only available to jedis

you probably know what happen from here
 MotionMan
05-30-2002, 3:41 PM
Originally posted by Mobius47
they fly to a place further away and boba rendevous with them and captures them, there is a strugle and amidala dies
boba takes them to that dude who fought yoda and he convinces anakin to join the dark side and provides anakin with medical attention and artificial body parts
anakin in turn provides info and passcodes to acess areas only available to jedis

Where did you get this info? It doesnt seem like official info to me.
As much as people want bobba fett to be part of episode 3 i dont think he will be.( I could be wrong and he could have a small part)
"That dude who faught yoda". You mean Count Doku?
Why would anikin provide passcodes to doku if doku was once a jedi who knew all the passcodes?
 Mobius47
05-30-2002, 3:52 PM
why did you untaq that spoiler in the quote?
your gonna spoil the movie, dumbass

when dooku fought yoda and obi and anakin, they changed the passcodes because he was considered a danger
BUT, anakin went back with obi-wan, and they did not change the passcodes because he was not considered a threat

anyway, if lucas wants boba in his movie, HE GETS BOBA IN HIS MOVIE
thats how it works when your a prouducer:p

btw, for the record, i did not say anything
you tell and i will claim my password got stolen and someone logged in my account
 MotionMan
05-30-2002, 5:14 PM
why did you untaq that spoiler in the quote?
your gonna spoil the movie, dumbass

when dooku fought yoda and obi and anakin, they changed the passcodes because he was considered a danger
BUT, anakin went back with obi-wan, and they did not change the passcodes because he was not considered a threat

anyway, if lucas wants boba in his movie, HE GETS BOBA IN HIS MOVIE
thats how it works when your a prouducer:p

btw, for the record, i did not say anything
you tell and i will claim my password got stolen and someone logged in my account

LMAO! you actually beleive your own jibberish nonsense that you write. Thats is no where near official. Spoil the movie? Man, your full of it. You posted here, your going to get a response. What did you expect everyone to praise you for giving them that useless info about the movie?
Ill ask again: Where did you get that info? It certainly doesnt sound official. You didnt even know dooku's name lol.
As for bobba, quit living in a EU fantasy world. He has never or ever will be a main charecter to the effect you want him to be.
Anyhow dont call me a dumbass when in fact your the one to show those charecteristics.

:mace: :saberb: :jango: = dead fett:thumbsup:
 C'jais
05-30-2002, 5:27 PM
Okay people, lucas is still writing the script for the film as we type.

We can presume all kinds of things and he can decide all kinds of things, but coming here, bringing "official fact" just doesn't make any kind of sense.
 Mobius47
05-31-2002, 11:52 AM
rofl, that is only up to chapter 14 stoopid
anyway, do you think lucas sits in a cave all day writing that book without leaving or possibly showing it to a freind? lol
 ivaj
05-31-2002, 11:54 AM
man i wish i was that friend.
 BlackDove
05-31-2002, 1:47 PM
I'm guessing that none of you saw the ending of Ep2...The ending DRAWS you how he broke the final code of the Jedi, besides the disobedience of his master.

Possession and attachment is forbidden. Marrying Amidala, he broke both. I guess no-one added 2+2 together.

As for the Lava thing, I think it's true, since I heard that like 6 years ago from a friend. Also, if you don't believe it, you can check out "Empire Strikes Back" or "ROTJ" and see how Vader has his head ****ed up, from what were obviously burns of some sort, which we all know, he didn't recieve in Ep2.
 COJ
05-31-2002, 1:54 PM
Anakin will not get is ass kick in episode 3, because its just like that, he won't, maybe he'll be damaged while killing the Jedi's, but i doubt he's going to get is ass kick
 Mobius47
05-31-2002, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El
Vader has his head ****ed up, from what were obviously burns of some sort, which we all know, he didn't recieve in Ep2.

lucas hasn't gotten to that part yet, though it is probably during surgery and his head doesnt see light for years
he says that he is probaly going to make anakins forehead break in the fall to help explain that appearance
 Jaster21801
05-31-2002, 4:47 PM

lucas hasn't gotten to that part yet, though it is probably during surgery and his head doesnt see light for years
he says that he is probaly going to make anakins forehead break in the fall to help explain that appearance

*Points upward* Psst... does anyone know if this guy actually knows what he's talking about or not?
 Jedi_Monk
05-31-2002, 4:55 PM
Also, if you don't believe it, you can check out "Empire Strikes Back" or "ROTJ" and see how Vader has his head ****ed up, from what were obviously burns of some sort, which we all know, he didn't recieve in Ep2.
Think about it: if he had fallen into a vat of lava, would he just have two localized burns, one across his scalp and the other under his eye? Lightsabers burn, and those look an aweful lot like lightsaber wounds to me: http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Darth_Vader/Return_of_the_Jedi&image=dv16.jpg&img=&tt=)
 BlackDove
05-31-2002, 5:54 PM
No-one knows anyway. Lucas will find a good explanation anyway, because he knows what holes he has to fill. He wrote the story, so he should know lol. So we'll see in Ep3...
 NemoX
06-01-2002, 2:17 PM
As everyone knows Anakin will become Vader in Ep 3 and for him to do that he will have to kill Dokoo, who is no slouch as we saw in ep 2 when he beat Anakin and Obi Wan...So since Anakin will be powerful enough to beat Dooku and we know Anakin and Obi Wan will come to Blows in ep 3 i just can't see Obi Wan being powerful enough to Lay a beating On Anakin/Vader...I think Motion Man has the right idea when he said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that anikin kills off alot of jedi. Then in the battle with Obi wan, Anikin is winning the duel. Obi wan somehow manages to either trip or drop some thing on anikin to injure him or drop him into something. I think by the time anakin fights obi wan , anikin is much more powerfull than obi wan. Since he has killed alot of the jedis. The only way obi wan beats him was by using some kind of other tactic like being sneaky(ex. luring him into a hole or whatever).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Anakin/Vader's Arrogance or Over Confidence will be his downfall in the duel vs Obi Wan.
Page: 1 of 1