Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

who SERIOUSLY wants to be a Jedi???

Page: 1 of 1
 Arc]i[Pello
05-27-2002, 4:28 PM
Is there anyone here that is really determined to become a Jedi no matter how hard it is?
ive not seen anyone that sounds serious enough about it, a lot of ppl would like to be a Jedi but would rather become something more accesable, thats how i feel aswell.

I wonder who'll become the first Jedi?
 Lord Helmet
05-27-2002, 4:58 PM
i AM going to be a jedi..even if it involves money under the table lol
 DudEhead
05-27-2002, 5:16 PM
I hope you become bantha poodoo :p
 JekRendar
05-28-2002, 2:08 AM
Well, there's a good chance that 90% of all the people that become FS and RECOGNIZE IT will take the road less traveled and try it!

Of course, only 5% will make it, but oh well..

Wouldn't it suck is you were the 26th Jedi on the server (assuming the cap on Jedi is 25) and they said, "Nope, even though you made it, you can't be one...Too Many!"
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-28-2002, 2:21 AM
as greg g said

i AM gonna be a jedi.
 Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 10:02 AM
hmmm... who wants to join me in some jedu hunting :D.. when the game starts.. were gonna get those stinky Jedi :p..

no way am i gonna be a jedi.. i want a nice cool game.. not too much trouble.
 DudEhead
05-28-2002, 4:21 PM
Donga will join your forces to rid us of that rebel scum :)
 Ascari
05-28-2002, 7:13 PM
Jedi...

They're all nice and stuff but eh.

I'd take a blaster anyday. ( Lightsabers are dangerous stuff u know! )
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-28-2002, 7:16 PM
just cause your a jedi dosnt mean you cant use blasters...

oh and btw look out if us jedi rebel like the clone wars :)
 ivaj
05-28-2002, 7:20 PM
Well I remember reading (computer gaming world) that there is no cap on how many jedi's there can be.
 Lord Helmet
05-28-2002, 7:45 PM
whosaid a jedi can't defense themselves, besides right away there will be no jedi to hunt ;)
 Gaalgoth
05-28-2002, 8:32 PM
*ahem* "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster by your side kid." Case closed, that's all there is to it.
 Ascari
05-28-2002, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
*ahem* "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster by your side kid." Case closed, that's all there is to it.

u said it :)
 JekRendar
05-28-2002, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by ivaj
Well I remember reading (computer gaming world) that there is no cap on how many jedi's there can be.

I remember the Devs said they will have a cap (either % or specific number). I posted somewhere else that if the cap was 25 Jedi, and you trained and stuff and were the 26th, wouldn't it suck if you got a message that read: "WE'RE SORRY, THEY ARE TOO MANY JEDI, Please try again later." After you spent all that energy!
 Ascari
05-28-2002, 8:57 PM
i'm fairly certain there wont be a cap.

But ehm, on another note.

What do jedi's do apart from protecting peace and justice in the galaxy?

Sounds like they got a lot of free time on their hands u know.
 Ingrown
05-28-2002, 10:19 PM
I seriously would like to become a jedi. i dont know how i will become a jedi, i just know that i will become one. and am i the only one who thinks that every bountyhunter hopeful thinks they can kill a jedi? i mean a jedi IS a warrior of no equal. i believe that after all that hard work of becoming a jedi that a mere lowly bountyhunter can't kill you. Seriously people, do u think that such an easy proffesion to excel at beat something that takes time and patience? i dont think so. and besides, what is a little blaster gonna do to a jedi with a lightsaber? The jedi COULD have developed the skill to deflect blasters am i right? so to all those bountyhunter hopefuls, dont go running around thinking ur so "l337" that you can kill a jedi. just my two cents.

:charric:
vs.
:saberg: <~~~~ ponder that for a moment
 Ryaken For
05-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Well, I don't think I'll consider the path toward Jedihood. I figure I'll start off in the Rebellion and eventually raise myself in the ranks...then when the expansion comes out, I'll pick myself up an X-wing and cruise the galaxy looking to destroy TIEs, maybe I'll even start up my own Squadron.
 Gaalgoth
05-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Ingrown, listen. Bounty Hunter is not an easy class to excel in....it is not a predefined class, it will take lots of time to get all of the skills necessary for becoming a bounty hunter. Not as hard as becoming a jedi necesarily, but it is still going to be hard. To hunt people you actually have to talk to people, use social skills, and hack computer systems. Then once you know the area that your target is in you have to go hunt them down. Being a bounty hunter will be a hard class and will recquire talent; you won't be able to become one for some time either. And besides, this is a game. Although a player's avatar may be a jedi, that does not mean that the player is a jedi. They will not be as powerful as the jedi of the true Star Wars galaxy; they will make mistakes and they will be killed. Besides, even if a jedi can deflect blasters they can't deflect multiple and if you have three or four bounty hunters after a jedi, which will most likely happen (at least three or four) the jedi wont be able to deflect all of the shots and will probably die. That doesn't ean he always will, but as the player himself is not a jedi and the actions in the game are limited it will be quite harder. Don't dismiss bounty hunters and bantha fodder; lots of people want to be one right now, but once they realize there is not "be jango/boba fett" button and they have to work for everything they will probably give up. Becoming a bounty hunter will be hard, and there will not be alot of them.
 Ingrown
05-28-2002, 11:12 PM
i see ur point gaal, thanx for clearing that up with me. o and excuse my ignorance, i pretty new so i dont really have a word in the matter(just bein the 15 year old that i am).

Originally posted by Gaalgoth
Besides, even if a jedi can deflect blasters they can't deflect multiple and if you have three or four bounty hunters after a jedi, which will most likely happen (at least three or four) the jedi wont be able to deflect all of the shots and will probably die.

so basically bounty hunters will gangbang jedi's?

but just be ready for this! :lsduel:
 Trannyn Covnant
05-29-2002, 12:08 AM
I'm determined to become a Jedi and i'll try my damned hardest
 Gaalgoth
05-29-2002, 12:30 AM
Yeah ingrown, that's what it looks like.....after all, look at when vader wanted solo and all them. He hired several hunters......should be the same in the game. And Tran, good luck to you...just understand that perseverance isn't the determining factor for jedihood. read the jedi sticky.
 JekRendar
05-29-2002, 1:25 AM
Good luck to all of you that are trying to strive for something...a Jedi is a great goal and if you work hard enough you deserve it!

Good luck!
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-29-2002, 3:33 AM

oh so i spose jango fett hit mace with all his blasts? :rollseyes:
just keep telling yourself that when we deflect the blasts back at you mate :)

Don't dismiss bounty hunters and bantha fodder

Why not?, you dismiss jedi as bantha fodder, dont be a hypocrit

Every post i see you posting your putting down jedi's, personaly i think bounty hunters will be crap, but that dostn mean in every post im gonna say that, just lay off the jedi man. :evanpiel:
 gavor
05-29-2002, 3:46 AM
My moisture farmer stomps on your Jedi. Come see me for your free stompin' when you've become a Jedi.

<Gavor sittin' out front of the farm, smokin' a corn cob pipe>

Don't no look like he's-a comin'.

<crickets chirp, chair creaks, tumbleweed rolls by>

A-nope.
 Wraith 8
05-29-2002, 5:02 AM
i want to congratulate all jedi warners... like me... all the people helping us warn the jedi wanna bees.... there will be a cap on jedi... read this:

unknown asks: Why don't you guys release anything about the Jedis?
Shug_Ninx says: We want Jedi to be rare and mysterious, so we don't want to reveal how to become a Jedi, what it's like being a Jedi, etc. We can say that becoming Force sensitive is really the most secretive part of the system. Once you become a Jedi, progression is similar to other professions

people.. im glad to announce that we were right :D
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-29-2002, 11:03 AM
why does everyone keep repeating that
half the people who are actualy COMMITED to being a jedi already know this which is why they want to do it, its a challange which is what i want in this game, its not random to become force sensitive.
 Gaalgoth
05-29-2002, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma

Why not?, you dismiss jedi as bantha fodder, dont be a hypocrit

Every post i see you posting your putting down jedi's, personaly i think bounty hunters will be crap, but that dostn mean in every post im gonna say that, just lay off the jedi man. :evanpiel:

I don't think jedi are bantha fodder, I think they're damn cool. I am also a realist and see that to become one is going to include a seemingly random factor of skill alottment (and remember there are about 700 skills and a couple are needed to be activated to become force sensitive, and these are different every time). So it's basically a lottery. If I get FS, hell yes I'll take it. But chances are I won't and you won't. That's just the way the deck is stacked. IF I become a jedi, it'll be the way they become in the real SW universe: the jedi stumbles upon their force powers unexpectedly. That's what the dev's are trying to simulate, so they're going to make it hard to figure out on purpose, if not close to impossible. So no, I don't dismiss jedi as bantha fodder. I dismiss the people that claim they will become jedi as if it were a known fact as bantha fodder.
 DudEhead
05-29-2002, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Ingrown
I seriously would like to become a jedi. i dont know how i will become a jedi, i just know that i will become one. and am i the only one who thinks that every bountyhunter hopeful thinks they can kill a jedi? i mean a jedi IS a warrior of no equal. i believe that after all that hard work of becoming a jedi that a mere lowly bountyhunter can't kill you. Seriously people, do u think that such an easy proffesion to excel at beat something that takes time and patience? i dont think so. and besides, what is a little blaster gonna do to a jedi with a lightsaber? The jedi COULD have developed the skill to deflect blasters am i right? so to all those bountyhunter hopefuls, dont go running around thinking ur so "l337" that you can kill a jedi. just my two cents.

:charric:
vs.
:saberg: <~~~~ ponder that for a moment

don't forget jedi progress will be the same as other pofessions... so i think there wont be any 'ubering' by jedi's against BH's :p :fett:
 Ascari
05-29-2002, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8

unknown asks: Why don't you guys release anything about the Jedis?
Shug_Ninx says: We want Jedi to be rare and mysterious, so we don't want to reveal how to become a Jedi, what it's like being a Jedi, etc. We can say that becoming Force sensitive is really the most secretive part of the system. Once you become a Jedi, progression is similar to other professions

How does this mean that there is a cap Wraith?

And on the guns vs. lightsabers.

I'll have a blaster for the regular fighting, and if a jedi get's in my way. I'll use my flamethrower..

lightsabers... mwehhee, dont make me laugh :)
 fernandotabet
05-29-2002, 11:00 PM
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-30-2002, 1:21 AM
exactly.
your lack of faith is desturbing. :)
 Watoolfa
05-31-2002, 9:58 AM
There will NOT be a cap or numerical limit on the Jedi population just go to the official site and read the Jedi FAQ the second question answers this.

www.starwarsgalaxies.com)
 ivaj
05-31-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Watoolfa
There will NOT be a cap or numerical limit on the Jedi population just go to the official site and read the Jedi FAQ the second question answers this.

www.starwarsgalaxies.com)
ya that makes more sense, because not everyone can become a jedi since it will be pretty tough.
 DudEhead
05-31-2002, 2:22 PM
most will prolly go on a rampage anyway after trying without result for a month :fett: mad ppl get bounties placed upon them, me like bounties :)
 Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 8:20 AM
*sighs*

whatever

*walks out of the room*
 JekRendar
06-03-2002, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by DudEhead
most will prolly go on a rampage anyway after trying without result for a month :fett: mad ppl get bounties placed upon them, me like bounties :)

What!?! What are you talking about?

*also walks out of the room*
Page: 1 of 1