Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Galaxies.. Nothing but Bounty Hunters?

Page: 2 of 2
 Thew Rydur
07-02-2002, 3:47 AM
1)Low Bounties, as several go for each one, any high bounties would attract so many a small war would be fought over the target.

I don't think that that would be so because you don't choose your bounties. From what I've heard you get a list of three and pick one.
 Gaalgoth
07-02-2002, 7:41 AM
Yeah, that's what happens. Also, "newbie" bounty hunters won't be like level 1 characters in normal games. Bounty hunter is an elite class, and you have to have a certain set of skills to gain that title. It will take a long time to become one, and the only real difference between the bounty hunter profession and jedi profession that I can see is that the bounty hunter profession will be set in stone while the jedi will have that element of randomness to it. Basicall,y it's going to be a hard and long road to become a bounty hunter, so "new" bounty hunters will still be extremely formidable players, even to advanced bounty hunters.
 Koenig
07-02-2002, 4:23 PM
ahh, pick from 3 Bounties eh. I would have thought a big long list that you can choose from would be more sensible, that way you can choose your own target. Not that I care, I'm not intending to be one. But if too many people get bounties placed on their heads then the average bounty level will be low.
 Revan Bakr'
07-18-2002, 11:57 PM
I know this sounds childish and wanna-be-like blah blah blah, but the jobs I want the most are Sith and BH. I have the initiative, and motivation, but, like everybody else, I am considering other options. For instance, a fighter pilot, miner, maybe work in a bar, or a spacecraft techie or spacecraft dealer. Or just a man trying to make his way in life.
 Koffin
07-19-2002, 3:43 AM
I might of misunderstood what you said, but you will not be allowed to be a sith. There can/will be only two sith in game. Vader and and the Emp. Both will be NPC's.
 Ewok Hunter
07-19-2002, 1:42 PM
it seems that a lot of people are envisioning jobs as starfighter poits, you do realize that space combat isn't going to be incoperated until the expansion, right.
 Koffin
07-19-2002, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by ewok hunter
it seems that a lot of people are envisioning jobs as starfighter poits, you do realize that space combat isn't going to be incoperated until the expansion, right.

But they have a Pilot skill to build and plenty of swoops and speeders to build it with.
 setsuko
07-19-2002, 6:27 PM
Yeah. Just like Luke practiced flying in the Beggars Canyon in hope of making it to the academy. Every pilot will just have to live that year of hopeful pilot wannabe :)
 FunClown
07-19-2002, 10:09 PM
I think people all want to become Jedi, Bounty hunters, pilots etc because they havn't played the game and don't really know what they want to do so they just pick something that sounds really cool to them.

I personally want to be an explorer if I get the game because I'm a tight wad and want to get my moneys worth by exploring all of the planets rather than staying on one.
 Ewok Hunter
07-20-2002, 3:38 AM
Originally posted by FunClown
I think people all want to become Jedi, Bounty hunters, pilots etc because they havn't played the game and don't really know what they want to do so they just pick something that sounds really cool to them.

I personally want to be an explorer if I get the game because I'm a tight wad and want to get my moneys worth by exploring all of the planets rather than staying on one.
good idea, I doubt any of thwm or on the beta ;). though it more likely that they have no idea of the amount of work needed to reach the levels that they are thinking about: for every Baron Fel there are thousands of TIE pilots who get blown up on their first engament, for every :fett: there are hunters who can't even find a :ewok: on the moon of Endor, and so on... Never mind me I'm just ranting ;)
 FunClown
07-20-2002, 3:20 PM
for every Boba Fett there are hunters who can't even find an Ewok on the moon of Endor, and so on... Never mind me I'm just ranting

I see you are speaking from personal experience? ;)
 Jan Gaarni
07-20-2002, 4:52 PM
I see you are speaking from personal experience? ;)
Meeh, I was gonna say that yesterday. :D
 Sounds Risky
07-21-2002, 3:13 AM
I don't want to be a Jedi, Bounty Hunter, or Pilot. I want to hunt Krayt Dragons damnit.
 Ewok Hunter
07-21-2002, 5:38 AM
you should have seen the one that got away :D
 Mandalorian iTi
07-25-2002, 9:35 PM
here is onbe no was has wanted to be that im a leaning twords, i want to be a Zabrakian Image Designer
 Ewok Hunter
07-31-2002, 4:24 PM
of couse, who else to disign those weird drawings but someone who wears them j/k
 Mandalorian iTi
08-01-2002, 12:21 AM
well image designer isn't somthing for me, im not going to be one
 Thew Rydur
08-01-2002, 2:28 PM
I figured I'd post this here since this thread is mostly about proffesions. What I want to know is if being a slicer is an actual proffesion not just a skill.
 setsuko
08-01-2002, 9:21 PM
slicer is a prefession. Someone who is good at sliceing. THat is. It's not a damn pilot or something. And not a bantha herder, no. Its someone who slices. Things. Yeah. A slicer. That is.
 Jan Gaarni
08-02-2002, 1:47 PM
A slicer is the same as a hacker.
 Thew Rydur
08-02-2002, 5:02 PM
Yes, I know but is it a proffesion?
 Ewok Hunter
08-03-2002, 9:45 PM
4.18 Is there going to be a "slicing" skill?

Yes. There is slicing the Holonet, slicing security systems like disabling turrets and defeating locks, and some "investigation" slicing.

I didn't see anything about a slicing profession, but you could focus mainly on slicing and call yourself a slicer
Page: 2 of 2