Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So let me get this straight...No user created games correct?

Page: 1 of 1
 PiousAugustus99
05-26-2002, 11:10 PM
I've never played an everquest game but I played Diablo II almost religiously...

From what I have read, you just appear in the game world and there are no seperate game worlds am I correct?

That would be freaking awesome. I still don't quite understand it so I was wondering if someone could clear it up for me...Thanks
 gavor
05-27-2002, 2:31 AM
Ooooookay. I'm gonna treat this as serious.

The world of SWG (as other MMORPG's) is one big universe and everyone who wants to play plays on the same server(or collection of servers making up that one universe). This amounts to thousands of players all doin their thing together 24/7 in a persistant SW universe.

Usually there are a number of universes (or worlds for the fantasy versions like EQ or UO) and these are placed at a few locations around the world so people have access to universes in their own timezone/language/can get better ping. In general there probably won't be more than 3 or 4 seperate universes at release time.

Is that a good explanation? For your purposes, everyone you know will almost definately be on the same server, which runs 24/7 (not taking into account downtime when the server pikes).
 DudEhead
05-27-2002, 3:58 PM
loool (yes that is all i'll say :))
Page: 1 of 1