Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can anyone help

Page: 1 of 1
 plonkerdelrio
10-22-2001, 5:23 PM
I may be as thick as a whale omlet, but humour me.
I have completed the game several times but On the last level I always take forever to complete the two ring jumps (You know the ones!). Could anybody tell me their strategy for doing these, the first one is never a problem but the second one makes me want to beat the living daylights out of the nearest peripheral. It's the one just before you get to the room with the clock face panels that control the blue force fields near the end of the game.
If there is an easy way to do these, somebody please put me out of my misery!
 Gabrobot
10-23-2001, 1:01 AM
It's been a while since I played TPM, so I'm not sure what part you're talking about. Is there an elevator that stops at the ring you're trying to jump on? If there is, you should wait till it get's to the bottem.

If there isn't an elevator then I'm not sure what part you're talking about, but I could probably load up a game in that area and find out.
 plonkerdelrio
10-23-2001, 4:59 PM
It is indeed the one where there is an elevator that stops at the ring you are trying to jump to. It is in fact the last ring jump you have to make at all. I have done it by making a running double jump around the ring and trying to position the take off point as to land on the ring, and I have also managed to do it from a stationary position but very few times. I just wondered whether anyone had a strategy that I hadn't tryed, or whether there was a specific way to do it.
 Zanzibar
10-23-2001, 7:41 PM
Sorry I've been away for awhile, everybody.

One of the best strategies is to angle yourself a little bit, so you're not square-on. That lets you back up a bit further on the ring you're jumping from, so that you get that much more speed as you leap towards the other ring.
 Master Qui-Gon
10-24-2001, 12:09 PM
<div align="Justify"><font color="green1">The important thing is to remember to pause in your jump before you flip. If you are at a run and you make the jump at the last instant, you should make it every time. Actually, it's possible to make every critical jump in the game without ever doing a flip.
 plonkerdelrio
10-24-2001, 4:37 PM
Thankyou Quigon, you are indeed powerful as the emperor has foreseen
 Gabrobot
10-25-2001, 3:35 AM
Qui-gon dude! I still puzzle how you know things like:
it's possible to make every critical jump in the game without ever doing a flip.

Whoa! how many times 'ave ya played the game! :eek:
 Pedro The Hutt
10-25-2001, 1:49 PM
hehe, alot would be a good answer methinks.
 Master Qui-Gon
10-25-2001, 2:19 PM
<div align="Justify"><font color="green1">Not as many times as you'd think, but probably more than the rest of you. As for the jumps, it was the PSX version that I did that on... I assume it's also true with the PC, but who knows. The reason I remembered that is because the jump he was asking about is the hardest to do without a flip.

*Bows*
 Master Qui-Gon
11-15-2001, 1:02 PM
<font color="green1">I don't know about anyone else, but this is the first time in quite a while that I've been able to load this page.
 Force is Strong
01-18-2002, 7:51 PM
I cannot make this stupid jump for the life of me. I dunno how y'all do it, but if you can give me anything that will allow me get across, I'd really appreciate it.
 Redwing
01-20-2002, 1:12 AM
Originally posted by Master Qui-Gon
<font color="green1">I don't know about anyone else, but this is the first time in quite a while that I've been able to load this page.

Same here, actually. Oddness.
 CaptainRAVE
01-26-2002, 6:19 AM
That seems to randomly happen to most forum pages :rolleyes:
 Redwing
01-28-2002, 3:00 AM
...but it seems to happen alot more often to this one, ne?
 PadawanAllen
02-02-2002, 4:42 PM
I found that I can do it now, but it took alot of practice. I agree with the angleing comment. If you really cant make it there is a saved game just past the jump on GOOBERGAMES.COM
I used it myself the first time through.
Page: 1 of 1