Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Games of Chance...

Page: 1 of 1
 RoyalGuard
05-26-2002, 7:43 AM
Just a thought posting a reply to another thread, will we be able to play games of chance like Sabacc, betting on pod races, sweep-stakes on how long some one lasts when thrown to the Jabba's rancor on Tatooine etc. does anyone have any info on this? I couldn't see it refered to in te main FAQ, I don't know if it wound up in a developer's digest somewhere or not...

It would be a pity if gambling wasn't allowed, it would detract a little from the SW feel if you can't win (or lose!) starships and small planets on a hand of sabacc!
 Jan Gaarni
05-26-2002, 9:16 AM
Don't know for sure if there will be any kind of gambling in-game, but it would be a shame if there wasn't.

I do know that there will be some games to do to pass time when travelling between planets - which can take several minutes even before the Space Expansion.
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 11:20 AM
even before the space expansion, will they're be animations for space travel?
 Jan Gaarni
05-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Well, I don't know.
Might be some animations when the transport takes off then goes over to looking down on a Sabacc Table playing some kind of game.
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 12:53 PM
ah.. i thought maybe u'd be able to walk around in the ships or something :)
 Darth Maxx
05-26-2002, 1:03 PM
Are the PODraces actually in the game? Cuz' if they are, I see a black market coming up :D
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 2:39 PM
would be nice if u could steer urself during the races :fett: i miss podracer :)
 Wings_SWmud
05-26-2002, 4:55 PM
I would think that even if, for example, racing, which a lot of people seem to want, isn't officially included, we'll still see people betting on player's speeder racing.
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 7:32 PM
hehe... isn't that a good thing :)
Page: 1 of 1