Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hello

Page: 1 of 1
 Sido Dyas
09-11-2001, 7:28 PM
Hi I am new and was wondering if there is a way to play quigon's half of level 1 and 10.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-11-2001, 11:09 PM
Hmmm.. I don't think there is... sorry. But for the actual answer I think you'll have to wait for Zanzibar to check here again.
 Zanzibar
09-12-2001, 5:06 PM
Hiya Sido,

I work for Big Ape Productions, the developer of TPM. You'll see me around from time to time, and I'm always available to answer any questions posted here :)

Unfortunately no, Qui-Gon on levs 1-10 are AI-controlled, and they basically can't be substituted by a player, because certain story points are controlled by the AI. You wouldn't be able to complete the level unless Qui-Gon's AI performed A,B and C.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-13-2001, 1:42 AM
And there we have it :).
 Master Qui-Gon
09-13-2001, 3:25 PM
<div align="Justify"><font color="green1">To play as Qui-Gon instead of Obi-Wan, switch the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan baf files. Rename QuiGon.baf into ObiWan.baf And use the playable Obi-Wan (original ObiWan.baf) into the AI Weapon Qui-Gon (I think it's Quiweap.baf or something like that). Leave Qui-Gon's files as they were for the Mos Espa levels. If you want to keep all of Qui-Gon's weapons and items, type in iamobi whenever you're not playing as your new Qui-Gon. Then change Obi-Wan's profile picture into Qui-Gon's and rename Obi-Wan into Qui-Gon in the text file. You still play the same level, but at least you're Qui-Gon and the AI is now Obi-Wan (although he walks a bit... uh.. fruity and falls down a lot. :D I haven't been able to change the voices yet because I don't know what format the *.wv files on the disc are. <font size="-2">

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Master Qui-Gon ]
 Sido Dyas
09-13-2001, 9:03 PM
Thanks, I will have to try that. By the way the sound files are put into a folder called temp located in the folder where you installed The Phantom Menace. But you have to have the level you whant the sound from in the background in order to play them.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Sido Dyas ]
 Master Qui-Gon
09-13-2001, 9:18 PM
<div align="Justify"><font color="green1">Yeah, I know. But you can't change anything because it recopies every time you load a level. The files that are stored on the disc, the master files so to speak, are in a *.wv format but are not wav files.
 Sido Dyas
09-13-2001, 9:21 PM
I may try to find player for the files. Also, I can not find the *.baf files!

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Sido Dyas ]
 Master Qui-Gon
09-14-2001, 6:54 PM
<div align="Justify"><font color="green1">They're in the big.lab file. To open it you need a seperate program such as SCUMM Revisited or Container Manager. Leave the baf files in the main TPM folder (the one with wmain.exe). To change everything back to normal, just delete the baf files. Without the baf files in the folder, the game reverts to the ones in the big.lab file. If you're still having trouble, I suppose I could just mail them to you.
 Sido Dyas
09-15-2001, 4:19 PM
The site for SCUMM Revisited does not work. If it is not to much trouble could you email SCUMM Revisited or the files for me? Thanks.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-17-2001, 10:28 PM
Ah... SCUMM.... *memories flood back*
Page: 1 of 1