Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to get voice files and music

Page: 1 of 1
 Watto T
04-29-2000, 2:16 AM
Hey my friends!

Does anyone know of a program thata will play the .wv format that the voice files for TPM are in?

Also, how can I extract and use the music files? A lot ofa de music from the game isn't on my soundtrack CD.

I hope someone can helpa me out here.

-Respectfully, Watto T
 Zanzibar
04-30-2000, 6:27 AM
OK, so I'm not a programmer...

Have you tried renaming the .wv file extension to .wav, then opening it in any sound program? (Even double-clicking on it will work.) As I recall, we didn't do anything astronomically weird to the sound files, so my belief is that all you have to do is rename it. I can't be sure though.

As for the soundtrack, I know there's a program out there that can do it...I'll look into it, but if anyone knows offhand, please post http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)
 Nute Gunray
04-30-2000, 7:41 PM
Run the game and go to whatever level you want to get a sound from. Alt+tab out of the game and you can find them as wavs in a folder in the TPM directory.

------------------
Still no real sig.
 Watto T
05-03-2000, 3:32 AM
Hey my friends:

I'll try your suggestions...I tried renaming, but the file turns into trash! I don't see how I can get voice files in .wav by running the game but it mighta work. I'll test it out. Thanks, friend!

--Respectfully, Watto T
 Nute Gunray
05-03-2000, 7:20 PM
The alt+tab thing does work...I have several of the funnier lines from the game as sounds on my comp.

------------------
Still no real sig.
 Master Qui-Gon
05-04-2000, 2:53 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Oh boy, Jedi smell stink-o-wiff. Wew!

The folder in question is in the TPM directory. It's called "cache" and disappears every time you exit TPM. If you ALT+Tab out of the game, all the sounds from your current level will be there in .wav format. Simply copy the files you want into another folder.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited May 04, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1