Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

*walks in*

Page: 1 of 1
 BeastMaster
05-24-2002, 12:55 PM
*skids to a stop at the sight of the dust-covered tables, empty bar, and mute speakers*

<small>The hell?</small> :bossk:

*pulls the tarp off the DJ Station and slides in a suitably cheery CD*

As promised, the Beast has returned, with a better computer, a stronger connection, and a graphics processor capable of running JKO (which I should be buying within a few weeks, when my finances have slightly replenished).

Now, who let this place dry up in my absence, huh? :tsk:
 obi
05-24-2002, 1:06 PM
*walks in, yawns*

MAN!!!!! I was hibernating for a while, waiting for AOTC, and I came out to see it. I did twice. :)

What happened to this place?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

this is a disaster!!!!!

beast? what happened,man?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:atat:

BTW, JKO is awesome!!! already beat it 4 times!!!!!
 BeastMaster
05-24-2002, 1:21 PM
I just saw AotC two nights ago, making me probably the last person to see it.

The reason I waited so long was because I wanted to avoid the crowds and then I didn't want to brave the new theatre in my hometown (where I was last weekend), 'cause all my friends tell me the service there sucks.

The movie was cool. buncha' things I woulda' changed (nothing plot-wise, just visuals; things like lightsaber colours, audio tracks, awful Lucasian dialogue, etc).

And is it just me, or has the CGI quality actually gone down since TPM? The "flesh" animation was good, but the "cloth" on the models just looked like cinematics from a bad videogame scene (like Jerec's cape "billowing" in the second-last sequence in JK). :bored:
 obi
05-24-2002, 1:25 PM
yea, I know exactly what ya mean.

But I wouldnt Say much more, because You dont wanna get yoda angry, he can stomp a mudhole in ya!!!!! ;)
 Pedro The Hutt
05-27-2002, 1:26 AM
*reads* eh? Change lightsaber colors? What are ye referring to oh master of beasts?
 Jedi Calypso
05-27-2002, 7:06 PM
hopefully not Mace's. I think it's funny to see Sam L. Jackson toiting around with a purple lightsaber. In fact, i think it's funny to see him in a Star Wars movie at all. After all, the movies I remember him from he's always playing some bad-ass gangster type fella like in Pulp Fiction and True Romance. (both of which, BTW, are by the brilliant Quinten Tarentino) The fact that they gave this guy a purple weapon just adds to the comedy of the situation.
 BeastMaster
06-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Jackson asked for a purple saber, and I'm glad he did; he's paying more attention to the EU than Lucas is.

Y'see, Lucas has "decreed" that lightsabers only come in three colours: blue, green, and red (used exclusively by Evil People). Mace's purple saber is apparently one-of-a-kind.

The reason this bugs me is because those of us who have any familiarity with the EU know that lightsabers come in any variety of colours.

It's just a minor nit, but the arena battle should've had a whole prism of saber colours. Ki-Adi-Mundi (the cone-headed guy) should also have had a purple saber, Plo Koon carries a molten saber, and that twi'lek girl (whose name escapes me) has turned up in the comics, IIRC wielding a red blade.

And of course, JK fans will know that Yoda's saber should've been orange (it's the same saber Pic used in JK).

Again, just a minor thing, but something "Iron Fist" Lucas didn't even consider. (If he'd abandoned it for artistic reasons, that'd be one thing, but he's proven that he doesn't even care.)
 Pedro The Hutt
06-02-2002, 12:32 AM
hehe, Go Jackson.
And aahh.. I see... yeah, I was hoping for more alternative saber colours. And I don't get it, even IF there are only 3 colours of crystal that can get used in sabers.... concidering you can use up to 3 crystals in a saber you can do some color mixing. ^.^ (like a red and a blue crystal to create a purple blade)
And also true about Ki-Adi and Plo, they were seen carrying those sabers in Jedi Power Battles even, he should have put those in Epi. II ^.^
But then again Lucas has screwed up quite a few things ^.^(like the timeline)
 obi
06-02-2002, 12:36 AM
Dont know why, but I have a strange obsession to see a black saber.
 Redwing
06-02-2002, 1:36 AM
1. The CG was awesome, ...except for the clothes. What was going on there? :confused:

2. Lucas' little lightsaber color thing has been going on for quite a while. Originally, there were only going to be blue lightsabers. Then he decided to give Darth Vader a red lightsaber, to set him apart from Obi-Wan. Then come RotJ, Luke's blue saber didn't show up very well against Tatooine's bright blue sky. So Lucas gave him a green lightsaber.

Now Lucas has established that only the Sith use red lightsabers. Jedi use other colors. In Episode Two, those were going to be limited to green and blue. But fortunately for EU fans, Jackson begged for a purple lightsaber. He got his wish. Thus other saber colors aren't overrulled, just theoretically exist offscreen...and are apparently less common then green and blue.

Side note: Yoda has two lightsabers, actually. His second saber is purple...he was shown briefly in an (admittedly semi-canon) comic with both sabers. But, Beastie, why should Yoda's saber have been orange just because Pic's was? :confused:
 obi
06-02-2002, 7:55 PM
Adi-Galia Has a red saber, I thought. (JPB)

And what about Plo Koon? Yellow? (also JPB)
 BeastMaster
06-03-2002, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
1. The CG was awesome, ...except for the clothes. What was going on there? :confused:

Thank you, this is what I've been saying.

Lucas has said in interviews that he wants to get to the point of using CGI for everything (i.e., he wants an animated movie :rolleyess ). No word yet on just how the actors feel about this. :snear:

Unfortunately, he's far more impressed with CGI than anyone else is, and doesn't realise that it's just not that advanced yet.

But, Beastie, why should Yoda's saber have been orange just because Pic's was? :confused:

It's an EU thing: Yoda's last student (before Luke) was Qu Rahn, and Yoda gave Rahn his (Yoda's) saber (apparently a Jedi tradition). Then Rahn built his own (green) saber.

Years later, Rahn leaves his saber with Morgan Katarn (who leaves it with Weegee, who gives it to Kyle in JK), and goes back to carrying Yoda's saber as a backup weapon.

When he's captred by Jerec, Pic (who apparently didn't have a saber of his own), stole the tiny one, probably not realizing where it came from. That's the saber he later uses against Kyle.

In the JK graphic novel, he ironically thanks Rahn for it; "it's just my size!"

Originally posted by obi-wan13
Adi-Galia Has a red saber, I thought. (JPB)

Yes, but Adi wasn't in the arena duel. There was another Jedi there though (Stass Alie, I believe), who apparently buys her hats at the same store.

(Yes, that jellyfish-thing is a hat; Adi and Stass are both human.)
 Redwing
06-09-2002, 7:45 PM
Well, Yoda has been known to also have a green and a purple saber (at the same time). When he gave Rahn his orange saber, he must have built another. Come to think of it, most of the people in the arena duel must have switched sabers. As long as Lucas doesn't screw with anything else come Episode III, we can assume the Jedi in the arena that we already known had different color sabers had built new ones. (Example: Plo Koon's change from yellow to blue)

Another theory: Once Darth Maul came along, the Jedi were afraid the Sith would make a comeback. So they stopped using colors that were closer to red. (crimson, orange, yellow) Sith traditionally used red to color their synthetically made crystals. Jedi colors would be more varied, since they don't synthesize their crystals. When they thought the Sith were extinct, there was no reason to carry out the tradition of no red colors.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-10-2002, 4:13 AM
That would be a bit silly though ^_^" "The Sith are back, let us all go back to using blue and green sabers only."
Nah, in Lucas' mind, only green, blue and red sabers exist.(besides Windu because his actor begged for having puprple)
So he didn't take the colours the Jedi had in Jedi Power Battles and other EU stuff into condideration at all. (and I think the Death Star thing is a nasty stab at the EU writers even, especially at Kevin J. Anderson)
 The Truthful Liar
06-10-2002, 8:00 AM
:eek:
 Redwing
06-10-2002, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
That would be a bit silly though ^_^" "The Sith are back, let us all go back to using blue and green sabers only."
Nah, in Lucas' mind, only green, blue and red sabers exist.(besides Windu because his actor begged for having puprple)
So he didn't take the colours the Jedi had in Jedi Power Battles and other EU stuff into condideration at all. (and I think the Death Star thing is a nasty stab at the EU writers even, especially at Kevin J. Anderson)

So?? We can deam, can't we? :D

The Death Star thing was kewl. I don't think it was meant as a "stab" at anyone. After all, according to Lucas-approved TPM EU, the Death Star idea was created as a seed shortly after TPM...and that is considered EU. Bevel didn't have to be the creator of the Death Star plans, just the guy who saw it come to pass. ^_^
 Pedro The Hutt
06-10-2002, 4:32 PM
Still.. I think Lucas was just saying "Take that Anderson with your Maw installation idea!" when he showed the Death Star plans in Episode II. (and personally I found the idea of the DS to be one of Tarkin's idea much more fitting, heck when you saw Tarkin talk about the Death Star in ANH he was talking about it as if the Death Star was his own unfailable creation. Rather than this idea of the DS ALSO being developed by the Geonosians, and besides it doesn't make much sense why they waited more than 20 years to finally start production on the bloody thing)
 Darth Simpson
06-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Well, seeing as how many times Anakin lost / destroyed his saber during 2 1/2 hours, it's a no-brainer that the other Jedi lost their saber numerous times as well. That explains the change in saber colours. :p
 BeastMaster
06-13-2002, 3:10 PM
Originally posted by BeastMaster
that twi'lek girl (whose name escapes me) has turned up in the comics, IIRC wielding a red blade.

Aayla Secura. She just turned up in #42. Holding a saber, but not activated, so I can't confirm the colour.
 Commander 598
06-14-2002, 2:59 PM
The only twi'lek jedi I know is Daeshara' cor and she died during the Battle for Ithor in the NJO series.
 BeastMaster
06-14-2002, 5:36 PM
What about Daeshara'cor's apprentices, who died in Star by Star (IIRC)?

And what about Boc (though admittedly he's nowhere near as good-looking ;) ).
 Redwing
06-18-2002, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
Still.. I think Lucas was just saying "Take that Anderson with your Maw installation idea!" when he showed the Death Star plans in Episode II. (and personally I found the idea of the DS to be one of Tarkin's idea much more fitting, heck when you saw Tarkin talk about the Death Star in ANH he was talking about it as if the Death Star was his own unfailable creation. Rather than this idea of the DS ALSO being developed by the Geonosians, and besides it doesn't make much sense why they waited more than 20 years to finally start production on the bloody thing)

According to the first TPM continuation novel (don't remember the name) Tarkin ripped off the idea from Rath Sienar. Sienar thought of the concept of a sort of Death Star with multiple spheres. Tarkin got all starry eyed and thought it should be a single sphere...Sienar didn't care; he didn't like the idea anyway. So Tarkin gets the idea, gets it to Genosia, you get the picture.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-18-2002, 7:57 PM
@_@ Multiple orbed Death Star, and I thought some of the other EU superweapons were ridiculous.
 BeastMaster
06-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Behold, the magog Worldship:

http://www.geocities.com/andromedafaq/episodes/s1/mws1.jpg)

And yes, that star at the center has to be artificial; no real star could be that small (or that mobile).
 Hannibal
06-19-2002, 1:30 AM
6-19-02 how'd you pull that off? It's the 18th.

"He has special powers..."-Qui-Gon
 BeastMaster
06-19-2002, 11:38 PM
It means that our forum IDs aren't time-synched to the server. Just go into your control panel and tell the System what timezone you're in.

And if my picture isn't working, just go here (http://www.geocities.com/andromedafaq/episodes/s1/ep-122.html) and scroll down until you see pictures.

Stupid everything.--Gimpy, Undergrads
 Pedro The Hutt
06-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BeastMaster
It means that our forum IDs aren't time-synched to the server. Just go into your control panel and tell the System what timezone you're in.
Actually... the forum's own clock isn't correct. It still reads GMT+1, which is what it's always been, but the forum's clock is 12 hours off.
 Arca Jeth
06-21-2002, 6:04 AM
Do any of you know who Arca Jeth is? Just wondering because not many people do.:deathstar
 TheMadDoofer
06-21-2002, 6:14 AM
According to the first TPM continuation novel (don't remember the name) Tarkin ripped off the idea from Rath Sienar. Sienar thought of the concept of a sort of Death Star with multiple spheres. Tarkin got all starry eyed and thought it should be a single sphere...Sienar didn't care; he didn't like the idea anyway. So Tarkin gets the idea, gets it to Genosia, you get the picture.

The name of the novel is Rogue Planet. Just so you know.:)

:fett:
 BeastMaster
06-21-2002, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by Arca Jeth
Do any of you know who Arca Jeth is?

Amnesia. :(

You were a Jedi Master during the ToTJ Era, about 4000 years ago. Specifically, you were an Arcanian, if memory serves, and owned a particularly freaky-looking ship, the Sungem. Again, IIRC, you taught Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma, and Tott Doneeta, before dying during the Freedon Nadd uprising.

This is all off the top of my head from memory, of course.

How'd I do?
 Pedro The Hutt
06-21-2002, 8:53 AM
Actually he was killed fighting renegade droids on Deneba.
 BeastMaster
06-22-2002, 3:50 AM
Like I said, I was going from memory.
 Arca Jeth
06-24-2002, 2:48 PM
I didn't read all the post..just the first 8-12. But I know why we saw mostly green and blue. First of all they made up the rule that purple lightsabers a strictly for High Council members(Mace WIndu and/or Yoda if Yoda wants.) Anyway they made another rule(as stated before)the the jedi colors of lightsabers are green,blue,and for High Council members purple. Sith/Dark jedi colors are red. In some games theses rules don't apply(JK2,Jedi Power Battles,etc.)But anyway the yellow and orange sabers are existants but they are considered "neutral" saber colors. ANyway that is all I know about the subject.
 Arca Jeth
06-24-2002, 2:52 PM
And on the Arca Jeth topic he did die battleing renegade droids! And yes he did train many great jedi.Including Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2002, 6:45 PM
Actually... the only reason Windu has a purple saber is because Samual L. Jackson kept begging Lucas for one ^_^" "Aw c'mon George! I want a purple saber! It'll be cool!"
 oninosensi
06-25-2002, 2:11 AM
Sam just wanted to be different. Nothing wrong with standing out in a crowd.

Well, unless it gets you shot, or hacked to bits, or forced to travel with Jar Jar...
Page: 1 of 1