Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

For the REAL starwars geeks :)

Page: 1 of 1
 derekdrygon
05-24-2002, 10:36 AM
For all those who have always wanted a lightsaber :) I know someone who owns one, and these are a real treat to swing arround. Really suspends your disbelief when your acting out stage combat with them. My only complaint is they dont make a satisfying "Vmmmmmmm" sound when you swing it.

Dunno if anyone has already posted this link, but here it is

http://lightechindustries.com)

For the REAL starwars geek :)

Hitmann_D
aka.
Sir Derek Drygon
 Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 10:42 AM
hey you posted this on XWA also didnt you?? well im not planning to pay 95$ for something like that
 derekdrygon
05-24-2002, 10:45 AM
I dont think I did, I may have though. I participate in alot of message boards, and troll even more. I dont recall going to that message board though.

Actually the REAL sabers are $350 ish. That $95 one is just a training saber.

Like I said, its for the real starwars geeks :)

Hitmann_D
 DudEhead
05-24-2002, 6:08 PM
If i had the money, i'd buy one... but since i don't have such amounts to spend on a saber :(
 Ascari
05-24-2002, 8:35 PM
Lightech industries is a ripoff of

www.parksabers.com)

If u want to get a saber I suggest u get one from parksabers.

It might take a little longer before it gets to your house but I think Jeff Parks is more reliable.

Me personally dont have a saber but I did some checking for a webpage a while back.

ps. They are made for dueling.
 derekdrygon
05-24-2002, 9:17 PM
If you notice, those sabers have a red tip on the end of the blade, where as the light-tech sabers dont.

Very cool link, I wasnt aware there was any other manufacturers. I like Parksabers hilts better, but the tip on the blade is disapointing :\

Hitmann_D
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-24-2002, 9:33 PM
parksabers is crap..
 Wacky_Baccy
05-24-2002, 9:34 PM
Originally posted by derekdrygon
I like Parksabers hilts better, but the tip on the blade is disapointing :\
From what I'm told, it comes off just as easily as the red stopper in the end of a cap gun... :)

There's also this site (http://www.darthsworkshop.fsnet.co.uk) which does some awesome looking replica sabres with EL blades - I'm getting the Ep1 Obi-Wan sabre in the next month or two :D
 Ohn Ruukon
05-25-2002, 12:30 AM
:fett: :deathstar Hmmm.... I think that anyone whould buy a $350 lightsaber is a TRUE STAR WARS fan!! Id do it ... If I had money.....
 Demangel
05-30-2002, 4:34 AM
Been there done that :)

I have a Lightech Viper Defender.

The thing is gorgeous and though it is no where near as functional as my real weaponry (I teach martial arts, including a few melee forms), it is just fine for practice and sparring/dueling.

They are safe (as can be expected that is), and reliable. I took mine camping and it held together just fine, even when I was drunk and fell down a cliff (or more accurately a very steep hill)with it in my hand using it in part to stop my fall (luckily the blade wasn't in it or surely that would have broken heheh, it's strong but not unbreakable).

Overal I would say it's a great fan item, and just plain fun. It's less expensive than the rest of the sabers on the lightech site (235 or so with shipping).

Also the others have a more easily broken flip switch on them. the defender has a harder to break push button thingy.

As for parks?

i have no complaints about them either. I don't own one yet, but his saber are next in line for my tax return next year.

I am pretty sure when it comes down to it, both saber manufacturers are supplying us with nearly identicle product.

They use the same blades, and very similar production methods. the only real differences being:

Styles
The red tip
and construction time.

As far as who made them first, to me this is a lame reason to buy one saber over another. I bought the lightech one because I liked how the defender looked (I liked to style), and because I could have it within one week at the most.

I also like the look of a few of the parks sabers however, and will surely make my next purchase with him. however I am so pleased with the lightech product and thier treatment of me as a customer, I may just go with them again...

anyway Yeah the defender is one heck of a nice saber. and yeah the $95 one is kind of a joke to me... fixed blade, very short overal, and looks more like a flashlight than a lightsaber already looks to begin with heheh. The only things that one has going for it is, it's more child sized, it lights up for 20 hours (as opposed to the 45 minutes of all the others, both parks and lightechs larger models). and if you break it, it's only $95 down the drain, not 2 or 3 hundred.

end of story heheh
 Ascari
05-30-2002, 4:23 PM
red top can go off easily..

But i suggest u guys also check out: www.masterreplicas.com)

they have a lightsaber with a polycarbonite tube and sound effects.
 Ascari
05-30-2002, 4:24 PM
red top can go off easily..

But i suggest u guys also check out: www.masterreplicas.com)

they have a lightsaber with a polycarbonite tube and sound effects.

Also, download the video files from lighttechindustries.com

they are hilarious :) the saber looks like a glowy stick that bends :)
 Ohn Ruukon
06-03-2002, 1:18 PM
But EVERYONE LOVES glowy sticks that bend right??:elephant:thumbsup: :lsduel: :D
Page: 1 of 1