Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zanzibar, i gotta question

Page: 1 of 1
 B_Canyon
04-14-2000, 11:33 PM
I used to Conman to unzip the file big.lab and i was looking at the talk file with the script and saw lots of extra lines that weren't in the game. I saw that you could trade the krayt dragon tooth for a old droid with Barbo on Mos Espa. Is this possible and what would the old droid do? Can you trade the tooth for anything else besides a blaster?

Also, why did you guys take out Jira and Jabba's porter? They seemed cool and I don't see a reason to take them out!

------------------
Thinking, always thinking...
 Zanzibar
04-18-2000, 5:10 PM
EXCELLENT questions; I love talking about this kinda stuff.

No, it's not possible to trade for the droid. A lot of this stuff was axed out because of one reason for another, but we had already written the dialogue and recorded it, and the way we had the text file set up meant we had to leave in the references.

The trade for the droid got axed because of problems with the droid itself. The pathfinding problems that the Queen had on the Escape from Theed level paled in comparison with the Droid's pathfinding. Ooof. We spent an ungodly amount of time getting the Queen 'functional'; after doing that, we couldn't justify spending an equal amount of time on the Droid, which was basically just a cool feature that didn't really add anything to the story.

Jira and the Porter were cut because we didn't have any reference for Jira. We kept waiting for ANYTHING from the Ranch in terms of photos of what she looked like, but we didn't get anything. We tried to use a 'standard' model, but some people familiar with the script knew that unless we could get a Jira model, then it would be useless to include her. Besides, the Porter's AI script wasn't working that well, so it became easier to cut both him and Jira instead of taking away valuable tuning time for the rest of the game.
 B_Canyon
04-19-2000, 8:29 PM
And also, I saw some quotes of the queen saying she must go back to Naboo. Was there a level or big cutscene that showed the queen talking about it or what?

Another one is there's some quotes of Qui Gon saying "Obi Wan find Jar Jar" or "Obi Wan, use the space bar to mount the STAP". What's up with that

One last thing(sorry all the questions), I saw some lines by Obi Wan saying to Darth Maul" I'm gonna kill you!" and "Qui-Gon is now one with the Force." or "I must honor his memory by teaching Anakin"

------------------
Thinking, always thinking...
 Zanzibar
04-19-2000, 9:40 PM
Those Queen lines, I believe, were to be spoken at the end of the Coruscant level when she meets Palpatine, but were cut because they didn't make sense. We decided to include the second text scroll cutscene instead.

Those two Obi Wan lines were supposed to be on the Swamp level, when we had a drivable STAP (Yep, Jedi Power Battles stole the idea from us http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif) ) The STAP got cut at the same time the drivable AAT Tank got cut - lack of tuning time before we had to ship. They were both in, we had tracks built (even an entire level built around the Tank), but we got them functional VERY late, and our collision stuff for the Tank was ALL wrong, and we didn't have time to fix it - there were way too many other problems with the game.

Those last lines were originally going to be in the Final Battle after Qui-Gon gets cut down, but the lines were unnecessary.
Page: 1 of 1