Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who had dumbasses at the movie...

Page: 1 of 1
 whoami87
05-24-2002, 2:38 AM
who here had some dumbass little kids at the movie, tell your stories here

I had this little girl sitting next to me,and she kept jumping up and down in her seat. I just wanted to grab her and throw her across the theatre, but finally her parents got her to STFU.
 Boba Rhett
05-24-2002, 3:02 AM
There was a whole group of morons a few rows in front of me. They were having a, get this, a farting contest throughout the entire movie. They were also throwing things, talking, running up and down the isles and just being complete idiots. I was this close, "-" to doing something to them.
 The_Wounded
05-24-2002, 6:03 AM
There where some idiots in front of me who kept talkin and making noise i wanted to kill them but instead I had them removed :)
 Natty
05-24-2002, 6:23 AM
OK- first time I saw it was opening night, my friends got into a popcorn fight with the guys sitting in front of us (which was my boyfriends friends) and what made matters worse it was the fancy gold class part of the cinema- thank god the popcorn was free :D Actually I kinda wanted to join in but my mum (mom) was sitting next to me and slapped me on the leg and told me off. I think I annoyed everyone, coz when Anikan compares Amidala to sand, I blurted out a little too loudly (but by accident) I said "god what a complete tosser and what a sleaze"

2nd time- sat in the line for like an hour and a half, towards the end, some guy made an oragami ball or something (I dunno what the hell it was) and was throwing it up and down the line like a beachball :D That was so much fun, and if it went over the railing (coz the line went up a flight of stairs) then everyone would start up with "you are a wanker" *clap clap clap* and "we want the ball back" *clap clap clap* just like we were at the cricket- actually the people who work at the cinema didn't look very happy

3rd time- the guy I was sitting next to was making endless comments about the New Zealand accents, and calling Anikan a stud muffin everytime he said something pathetic to Amidala
 Darklighter
05-24-2002, 9:02 AM
A small boy was sitting behind me. He kept saying 'What's that?'. In fact he said 'What's that?' about 20 times. On the 19th time I got incredibly irritated. On the 20thtime I hurtled the child through the screen.

Sorry for anyone who was watching that with me!
 shidobu
05-24-2002, 8:54 PM
I went to see it with like 9 of my friends, and there was this woman about 3 seats away from us who apparently couldn't find the on\off switch on her cell phone. It went of for the first time right when the opening theme started and rang again every 10 min (literally) for the entire movie. and it was LOUD!!
 DannyJAllTheWay
05-24-2002, 9:56 PM
These kids kept going up and down the aisles without supervision and this one kid kept hitting the back of my chair. AT THE END OF THE MOVIE, when Yoda is saying something while he's at the Jedi Counsel Place, this kid decided to scream at the top of his lungs for like literally over 5 min. I missed that entire part. The parents did nothing to try to stop it. They just sat there and let the kid go down the aisle crying and screaming. SWEET! I miss I could be a negligent parent too. Sorry, but it was upsetting.
 Natty
05-25-2002, 6:31 AM
I remember seeing episode:1 with my friends, about 12 of us went and one of my friends who isn't a starwars fan but only went coz everyone else was going, cracked up during the scene where the Jedi council meet Anikan, and one of the jedi's has a really long neck and a small head (I dunno what that jedi's name is) and my friend just burst out laughing coz of this jedi with the really long neck and how it was kinda swaying from side to side. Now whenever I watch ep:1 I can't watch that scene without seeing that jedi and his head swaying around in the breeze without laughing hysterically
 Elegy
05-25-2002, 6:57 AM
Surprisingly enough, I didn't have too much problems once the movie started. Everyone was nice and quiet. I was one of the lucky bastards that got tickets for opening night over here. During the longass wait things were insane though. Vicious toy lightsaber battles, ****in' JarJar's political party sitting in the back yelling "Jar Jar for president!", and this other guy attacking the guys who yelled that with his lightsaber. Somehow there ended up being more people in there than there were seats for, so everyone who didn't get a seat got kicked out and were told to come back the next morning, which would have pissed me off if I was one of those people because alot of us had been waiting in line for 4 hours to see this and they waited until 20 minutes before the movie to do that. I thought for sure those theater workers were going to get mobbed. We got the theater back for those people though. During the pre-movie ads that flash on the screen like a slideshow, we spotted a theater ad for this big $6 plastic cup that they would refill for free. But they told us at the snack stand that they didn't sell anything like that. This theater really sucked lol. So we dragged the manager into the theater and made her stand there with us until the ad popped up again and we showed her that they were running this ad and demanded to know why they wouldn't sell us that drink deal if they were advertising it. They broke and gave our group a pair of free movie tickets each to come back another day and see a different movie. So we sat back down and got everyone in our row and the row in front of us to go up to the manager and complain about that ad, and they got free tickets too :D :D :D ****in' bastards.
 Ferox
05-25-2002, 3:11 PM
hehe... you guys think thats bad.. try going to see romeo must die with 2 of your friends and being the only white people in a packed theatre.

i had 3 women behind me on cell phones. idiots throwing stuff i and a guy got hit with a drink... he stood up in the movie and reached inside his pocket i was like " OH CHRIST" but he cursed them off and took out cigs.

i also got hit with a few things.. but uh.. in that situation i wasnt about to do anything.. plus the guy that got up was ready to kill the people throwing stuff so they stopped.
 Exar Kun II
05-27-2002, 8:18 PM
Well, I've got the best one. I was in the theatre, and in front of me, were 6 teenage girls. Throughout the movie thy were discussing. . .how they performed oral sex on their boyfriends. the conversation went pretty much like this:

". . .should I take the whole thing, or just the head. . .?"

" . . .I don't swallow, but my sister does. . .my mom says that SHE only swallows if she's been out with the guy more than twice. . ."

". . .don't let it the sperm get into your eyes, it burns. . ."

These girls didn't look more than 15 if they were a day. Add on top of this, they kept getting up to go ut into the lobby to talk on their cellphones(at least they had THAT much courtesy).

I'm not even going to tell you the comments that came out when the lightsaber duels were going on. You get the idea. I can almost understand what drives a person to commit homicide.
 squid808
05-28-2002, 12:30 AM
lol you got me there, i just had this little brat in front of me constantly rocking in the chair and constantly either standing up to look backwards at us, dangling her feet in the aisle, or just being plain annoying. uggh.
 dorain8
05-28-2002, 3:34 PM
5th time i went was having fun and all

RING RING RING RING RING ....
RIGHT DURING THE PART WHEN ANAKIN AND HIS MOM WERE TALKING

... i was angered cuz i took a friend to see it for his 1st time
so a large cup of sprite and ice was hurled at the woman ...
but
IT WASN'T ME IT WAS THE ONE ARMED MAN!
Page: 1 of 1