Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crashing out to the desktop

Page: 1 of 1
 obiwanmckay
04-13-2000, 4:43 PM
Each time I reach the room on level six where the young boy is being held, I crash straight to the desktop. Anyone with any ideas. Obiwanmckay needs a Quigon!!!!!!
 Zanzibar
04-13-2000, 6:19 PM
Level six...the boy...hmmm.... I can't remember which is level 6, is it Escape from Theed or Mos Espa?

Also, give me your system specs, plz:

Processor (PII/III, 266mhz etc etc)
RAM
Video Card

You might try updating your video drivers...but let's figure out more details please.
 obiwanmckay
04-14-2000, 6:00 PM
Dear Zanzibar,

Thanks for helping a mere apprentice. My spec's are AMD-K6 500 3D processor, 64MB RAM, RAG PRO TURBO AGP.

I hope this helps.

Obiwanmckay.
 obiwanmckay
04-14-2000, 6:01 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention the level is Mos Espa.
 Darth_Simpson
04-14-2000, 9:10 PM
Have you installed the patch?
It is not supposed to take care of that problem, but you never know!

Try reinstalling some of your drivers. I know it sounds like bullshiy, but it might just work!

Anyway the bug sounds like a problem with your computer, as i have not encountered ONE bug with TPM. Good work Zanzibar!!!
 Zanzibar
04-14-2000, 10:24 PM
Wow...I can't think of what it might be; your computer is plenty fast enough to run TPM. I'm not a programmer, and I've never heard of this bug before, but I'll throw out a few suggestions.

One thought...what version of DirectX are you running - 6 or 7? If you're running 7, you might want to download the patch. The patch will NOT help gameplay; it fixes a hardware configuration in the game launcher for DX7.

Also, what resolution are you running the game in? If it's anything above 640x480, I suggest you switch to 640x480 mode until the end of the level; this is just a shot in the dark - I doubt if it will help.

Does it happen when a certain event happens? Or is it when you see someone onscreen for the first time?
 obiwanmckay
04-18-2000, 2:47 PM
The patch doesn't help and I don't seem to be able to change to the 480x640 resolution. Hmmmm!

I'll keep on trying my Lord but any other suggestions you can make will be very welcome.
 obiwanmckay
04-19-2000, 5:46 PM
I figured out the change to the resolution now; what a simplistic padwan I am! Still crash out though and not always at the sample place now.
 Master Qui-Gon
04-19-2000, 6:53 PM
Sounds like it has something to do with your 3D accelerator. I'm not sure what to tell you, my young apprentice, as Windows is a product of Emperor Palpatine himself, but if you need to get past a certain spot, send me your savegame and I'll give it a miss.
 Zanzibar
04-19-2000, 8:05 PM
I agree with Master Qui-Gon...it does sound like a 3d accelerator problem. We've been having weird troubles with ATI cards from time to time, but you would have found the problems READILY apparent on the Otoh Gunga level.

Try new drivers for your video card perhaps, and then try reinstalling DirectX...ack.
Page: 1 of 1