Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The small, yet big...

Page: 1 of 1
 Silver Quasar
05-23-2002, 2:21 PM
I have a suggestion, unless this is already done, in which case it is a question. Since this game is pretty much the only thing that is going to be left after everything in the movies in the starwars galaxy is gone, I believe it should have cerain graphical qualities that will make it more enjoyable to simply stroll along the side of a huge canyon on tatooine. What I mean is that small things like fog, rain, leaves being pushed along by the wind, lens flares, etc., can make a game much more long lasting. Of course, there should be an options screen for these things to be turned off for lower power computers, but to make it an entire galaxy, there is always more to do than can probably be conceived, and this would take it one step closer...

...Just a thought...
 MikeC
05-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Well, if you look at the screenshots that have been released, the graphics look preety sweet. And you can probably turn down the level of detail. In fact you can do that on most games (in one form or another).
 MikeC
05-23-2002, 11:05 PM
And if I haven't mentioned it yet, welcome! :)
 Koffin
06-03-2002, 4:20 AM
Originally posted by Silver Quasar
I have a suggestion, unless this is already done, in which case it is a question. Since this game is pretty much the only thing that is going to be left after everything in the movies in the starwars galaxy is gone, I believe it should have cerain graphical qualities that will make it more enjoyable to simply stroll along the side of a huge canyon on tatooine. What I mean is that small things like fog, rain, leaves being pushed along by the wind, lens flares, etc., can make a game much more long lasting. Of course, there should be an options screen for these things to be turned off for lower power computers, but to make it an entire galaxy, there is always more to do than can probably be conceived, and this would take it one step closer...

...Just a thought...

Wait till your lost in a sand storm, you might regret those words.:ball:
 Wraith 8
06-03-2002, 7:00 AM
well first of all.... welcome.... :D

second..i think the game already looks sweet :D.. and uhmmm.. have you seen the footage of the E3 stuff?? it looks GREAT.. i think they have like a fog thing in it.. for the swamps and so... but i dont realy know for sure... maybe a question for the next Dev Chat :D

-wraith 8-

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!
Page: 1 of 1