Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CloneTrooper model thoughts?

Page: 2 of 4
 Angry Sandwich
06-06-2002, 5:09 PM
I hope everything is going ok with this model. I've been looking forward to it.
 Pedantic
06-06-2002, 8:44 PM
The model looks great, but I seem to remember the "mouth" part of the helmet (or maybe it's the chin) came to more of a point. I dunno though, it still looks very good.
 the_Beast
06-07-2002, 12:41 PM
i love the work that you have done
it's perfect so i want to say
gimme gimme !! :)
it's much better then the one i play with now
 Epimetheus
06-07-2002, 2:04 PM
Ugh, the current skins do the clonetrooper no justice whatsoever...
 inbredyokel
06-07-2002, 6:05 PM
Um...its a good model so far, but I wouldn't say its perfect yet. I'd recommend you take your time with this model and pay no attention to the "gimme gimme, its perfect!" types. Right now there are some major problems with the shape of the helmet, and I think it might be because you're using action figures/toys as a reference(which are generally horribly inaccurate). The chin in front should point out into a triangle and tuck underneath the chin at a sharp angle(the profile of the bottom of the helmet should run parallel to the ground, yours has far too much curve) , and the cheek indents and the bars over the ear area should be sharper and more box-like. There are also some issues with the armor (the thighpads should have sharp ridges down running along the front, the kneepads should be pointed on top, smaller detpack on the belt and fewer and flatter pouches, the abdominal area in the front is a bit off). This model is coming along very nicely, and it's starting to look more and more like a clonetrooper, but its still definitely a WIP. Here are some reference pics in case you're in need:
http://www.theforce.net/main/spring2002/header_main.jpg)

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Characters/Clonetroopers/cinelive-20020301-06.jpg)

http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Characters/Clonetroopers/beacon54-clonetr.jpg)

Nice job :D
BTW, I've started skinning a bit(I have a lot of experience drawing in photoshop though), and I'd like to give this model a shot when its ready. Just give a post if you might be interested.
 MayHem45
06-07-2002, 10:29 PM
don't have the mouth looking like it is sad other wise it is the best model i've seen in a while!
 Pedantic
06-07-2002, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I was gonna post that theforce.net header pic--IMO, that's a very good reference pic for the angles of the chin, etc.
 Tomppa1988
06-08-2002, 8:30 AM
Cool model! I'm using one clonetrooper model, wich I found the best I've seen... But OH MY GOD!!!! This is alot better than that one...
:clone: :yoda:
 DukeSkywalker
06-08-2002, 12:39 PM
This is a really cool model!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many time do you need anymore??? can't wait...
 Epimetheus
06-08-2002, 2:13 PM
Haven't seen or heard anything for a while...
 Tomppa1988
06-08-2002, 2:58 PM
Originally posted by Epimetheus
Haven't seen anything for a while.. anything happening?

But the taunts might be hard... the only time they talk is at the cloning facility and to Padme near the end...

The taunts shouldn't be a big problem... They could laugh or something like that...
 Blamer
06-08-2002, 9:22 PM
Well, I'm sure there are decent voice actors around here that could record a taunt if necessary. In that one pic from the "If the movies played like JK2" thread the clones were spamming "Stop in the name of the Republic!" I don't remember that from the movie and I don't know if that's the taunt for a current clonetrooper model, but I think that would be a pretty cool taunt.
 BradFu
06-08-2002, 9:26 PM
Laughing would be pretty out of character for the Clonetroopers. I imagine they're all-business, all the time. Really, you could just use the Stormtrooper's sounds. If you wanted to do custom recording, make sure you slip in a slight Australian accent. Maybe if I get bored I'll try a recording :)

BradFu!
 Oobedoob Benobi
06-08-2002, 9:47 PM
Yah for the taunt you could just record yourself saying something and add that muffled sound to it.
 root
06-08-2002, 11:47 PM
**OR**

"Psshht... Enemy straight ahead... psshht."

With the radio muffle being the "Psshht" sound.
 CreeP_303
06-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by root
**OR**

"Psshht... Enemy straight ahead... psshht."

With the radio muffle being the "Psshht" sound.

BEST POST EVER!!
:laughing:
 JediGhost[SITH]
06-09-2002, 1:07 AM
Here's my thought:

Go to http://sinnet.jediknightii.net)

Download SinNet's CloneTrooper.

Everyone stop making Clone Troopers, SinNet made their's before the movie was out and before the editing tools were even released and its still the best.

STOP MAKING CLONE TROOPERS!
 BradFu
06-09-2002, 1:13 AM
Originally posted by JediGhost[SITH]
Here's my thought:

Everyone stop making Clone Troopers, SinNet made their's before the movie was out and before the editing tools were even released and its still the best.

Dude, you're nuts. SinNet's clone trooper skin is great, but it's a SKIN. The CloneTrooper being made that this thread is about is a MODEL. The Clone Trooper has it's own specific look, and thus can't be done as properly as it should be without a MODEL. Try not to come crap on our shoes again.

BradFu!
 root
06-09-2002, 1:15 AM
Originally posted by CreeP_303

BEST POST EVER!!

I don't know why you think that, but I'll sure as hell take the award for "BEST POST EVER" anyways...
 Nanodagiardino
06-09-2002, 1:15 AM
Here's my thought:

Are thou mad? The sinnet clonetrooper is a reskinned shadowtrooper. This is a MODELl, and it looks lightyears more like a clonetrooper than sinnet. And has far has I know, there aren't that many people making clonetrooper models... This is the only one has far has I know!
 CreeP_303
06-09-2002, 1:19 AM
Originally posted by root

I don't know why you think that, but I'll sure as hell take the award for "BEST POST EVER" anyways...

you just came off as hella nuts or something LOL
 root
06-09-2002, 1:20 AM

you just came off as hella nuts or something LOL

Schaaaa-weeeet...
 CreeP_303
06-09-2002, 1:20 AM
Here's my thought:

worst....skin...ever.
 Epimetheus
06-09-2002, 1:23 AM
Here's my thought:

Ewwwww. That thing looks so stupid. Yeah, all of the clonetroopers have those tiny little helmets and big flowers on their chests...
 CreeP_303
06-09-2002, 1:24 AM
Originally posted by Epimetheus

Ewwwww. That thing looks so stupid. Yeah, all of the clonetroopers have those tiny little helmets and big flowers on their chests...

the secret, hidden, SUPER QueerTroopers!
 root
06-09-2002, 1:41 AM

the secret, hidden, SUPER QueerTroopers!

Imagine when they complete their training on some Imperial base...

Boss Guy: "I dub thee Queer trooper!"

Queer trooper: "Oh really!? I never thought white was my color..."

LOL

:D
 JediGhost[SITH]
06-09-2002, 1:54 AM
Atleast SinNet's "Queer" Trooper looks better than some of the clonetrooper **** being made by people.
 Tomppa1988
06-09-2002, 3:01 AM
Here's my thought:

That's the clonetrooper skin I'm using.... And as I said before: "OH MY GOD... This is much better..."
:clone::clone::clone::clone::clone:
 Tomppa1988
06-09-2002, 3:55 AM
Have you got any new pictures of the model???? I would love to see your progress... I'll bet it's really cool... I changed my clonetrooper skin... the one I'm using now looks more like a clonetrooper... But I can't wait to get your
:clone::clone::clone::clone::clone:
 JediGhost[SITH]
06-09-2002, 4:08 AM
Sorry about the misunderstanding:

I was referring to the CloneTrooper on the first post of the topic.. The reskinned Stormtrooper.

I had no idea about the custom model, but now that I see it, it looks pretty good.

This is the only one has far has I know!

Your wrong about that, there are quite a few CloneTrooper models!
 DarthMark
06-10-2002, 2:26 PM
this is cool, ive been waitin fo a proper clonetrooper model

i dont like to critisize but his arms have holes in them and his face i think is a little flat

but he is really cool

r u going to put different paint colours on him like the red and yellow ones in the film?
 AgentSmith
06-10-2002, 2:38 PM
Hey, if you're still wondering about taunts and custom sounds for your Clonetrooper model I'd check out Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds : Clone Campaigns.

I have the game and the sounds, taunts, voice of the Republic Clonetroopers are done by a certain Jeff Glenn Benett and his voice is a dead on for Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett/Clonetrooper voices). Sounds just like the original. Plus there's a lot of different taunts, some are really good and might fit JKIIJO.

:) :jango: :slave:
 Klorel
06-10-2002, 4:17 PM
JediGhost[SITH] is just plain wrong... not only is the skin of the queer trooper innacturate, but there were quite a few better SKINS out there of clone troopers than that. i think this model is going to be the closest thing yet to the clone troopers from the movie.

but thier new desann skin looked pretty kick ass, so SinNet's skinner isn't all bad.
 DarthBuu
06-10-2002, 7:13 PM

BEST POST EVER!!

Why is it the best???

JediGhost[SITH]
06-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by me
I had no idea about the custom model, but now that I see it, it looks pretty good.

Keywords: I had no idea about the custom model.

Don't keep being pissy towards me, the custom model is the best yet.
 remark 666
06-11-2002, 1:23 AM
wow, best clone trooper yet :)
 root
06-11-2002, 1:29 AM
Originally posted by DarthBuu

Why is it the best???

Because it is... ya dig?
 remark 666
06-11-2002, 4:03 AM
now that i look at it again.....the head looks really odd for some reason, it looks big and weird....that's clone/storm troopers for ya :rolleyes:
 Destroyder121
06-11-2002, 5:58 AM
for some odd reason niblem the maker of that clone troopper abonded the thread & havent released the troopper enywhere...weird:(
 Nanodagiardino
06-11-2002, 6:01 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Hey, if you're still wondering about taunts and custom sounds for your Clonetrooper model I'd check out Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds : Clone Campaigns.

Is adding a custom taunt complicated? Is there a tutorial somewhere? I found an awesome wav, I would like to try it out on one of my skins.
 DarthFreak
06-11-2002, 6:19 AM
:trooper: :"Oh, ****, Lord Freak is coming!"

*walks in the room*

:vadar:

*hooo-kepaaahhh* .. Hmm.. I see that Admiral Iblem is doing a good job.. but better he doesn't fail, or he'll pay for his errors! :vadar: :D

*hoo-keepaahh*
 koen_penne
06-11-2002, 8:26 AM
great skin maybe you could make an other one with a few colour stripes like it would be a superiour
:D
 Bobo Fart
06-11-2002, 8:37 PM
Niblem,
It is a great MODEL! dont worry about all those little details. when it Iis ready to play, release like a beta version so we kan suggest ideas that we know what were saying, right now we just got some screenie's

Anyway thoguht id let ya know my idea, DONT RUSH IT, make it good! I DEMAND YOU!

And try post some updates you have semed to Dissapear...

Your good person keeping look at updates on thread
BOBO FART
 DarthBuu
06-11-2002, 9:07 PM
This thread is hanging by a... thread...
 Epimetheus
06-12-2002, 12:36 AM
I'll give this thread an unneeded bump...
 Andy867
06-12-2002, 11:42 PM
here is my $.02-BUMP... hehe
 Tomppa1988
06-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Could you make a Clonetrooper Rifle, like there was in the movie??? It could replace the crossbow or e11 blaster...
:clone::clone:
 V!G
06-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Bobo Fart
Niblem,
It is a great MODEL! Dont worry about all those little details. When it is ready to play, release like a beta version so we can suggest ideas that we know what were saying, right now we just got some screenie's.

Anyway thought I would let you know my idea, DONT RUSH IT, make it good! I DEMAND YOU!

And try post some updates you have seEmed to dissapear...

You're a good person keeping look at updates on thread
BOBO FART

I agree it's a good model. However I have a bone to pick with boba fart. You chump you stole my sig pic! Well you stole it when it was purple. If your going to take something I made and use it as your own tell me I would have let you use it. But don't be a chump and steal it. BTW you might want to steal the new sig pic I made, it has a gray background and looks a little better.

V!G
 V!G
06-13-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Tomppa1988
Could you make a Clonetrooper Rifle, like there was in the movie??? It could replace the crossbow or e11 blaster...
:clone::clone:

Do you have some pics? I would like to try this one out after I finish up some of my other projects.

V!G
 lightsaber6458
06-13-2002, 2:08 PM
I think agood taunt would be "The good guys wear white.'' from SWGB:CC.
Page: 2 of 4