Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Beta Testing

Page: 1 of 1
 RoyalGuard
05-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Anyone else signed up for the beta test or know the rough total of applicants? Just curious.
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 11:27 AM
well i did sign up for the beta testing... but the only thing i got back is the confermation of my signup... i have no idea how many people signed up...
 DudEhead
05-23-2002, 2:10 PM
My guess is like at least a gazillion :) ... almost every gamer I know turned in his application... being a Star wars fan i really hope to be with the game from the start... even saved money for better graphics card ...
 Saiyan22
05-23-2002, 2:44 PM
there will be 3 beta phases, each new phase will increase the number of testers...chances to be in the first phase are very slim, but phase 3 has a couple thousand people i beleive, saw this somewhere, maybe it was the confirmation email...
 JekRendar
05-23-2002, 5:03 PM
Once again...Almighty Saiyan22 knows all...

Bow... :monkey4:
 DudEhead
05-23-2002, 6:26 PM
hoop doet leven (=hope keeps u alive?) i still hope to make the first beta
 gavor
05-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Don't we all. Chances.....same as me keeping my pants on after a few frosty ales. (miniscule, which is what you'll see when my pants fall) :D. Ak, stupid family forum, now i'll get in trouble!:eek:
 Wraith 8
05-24-2002, 6:08 AM
Originally posted by gavor
Don't we all. Chances.....same as me keeping my pants on after a few frosty ales. (miniscule, which is what you'll see when my pants fall) :D. Ak, stupid family forum, now i'll get in trouble!:eek: *slaps Gavor*

now put your pants on. sit down and have a beer :D
 DudEhead
05-24-2002, 6:14 PM
Plz ppl can't we all live in peace and non-pantsdown societies :)
 Absath
05-24-2002, 7:16 PM
I assume it will be the same as every other beta test for MMORPG's...tons of people sign up, tons of people end up waiting for release.

It's unfortunate, but 75% of people who make it into the beta test, are only there because they want a head start on the game. They want to learn the interface, lay of the land, etc, so that when release comes out, they can run past all the first-timers spamming "hail" and get right into the routine. I know this from experience. I have been fortunate to have been a beta test for every MMORPG since EQ (Though I bought my way into AC's beta....) and the amount of people who just want to play the game early are always in the majority.

Very few actually participate in the actual purpose of the test, and become active participants in the beta community.

-Abs
 Ascari
05-24-2002, 8:39 PM
I signed up for the beta test.

I think they should get me :)

I'm always the kind of guy who see's wacky stuff to do :)

"If I get enough speed with my speeder i can bounce of that other speeder land on that roof and get on top of the corvette,
then i'll see if I can keep on it untill it flyes of the atmosphere"

:cool:
 gavor
05-27-2002, 3:08 AM
I've done beta testing of programming tools for a living, now that some boring stuff. I'm in it for 2 reasons,

1. I'm good at breaking stuff and I know what sort of feedback they'll be looking for (i'm a programmer myself :)). It's a good feeling when you find a bug first and have it fixed by the devs.

2. Wanna look around the game and meet some of the people from the forums. See how the game feels.
 DudEhead
05-27-2002, 3:52 PM
I want this game to be an absolute beauty so every bug i see, i will report (especially jedi bugs, if any :fett: )
Page: 1 of 1