Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

hosting a game

Page: 1 of 1
 D_S_W
05-23-2002, 10:56 AM
I cant seem to opan a game so a friend can join me, gave him the IP but he couldnt find my srv - did the other way around and had the same result.
why cant i host a game ?

D_S_W
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 11:20 AM
uhmmm what game are we talking about here??
What kind of Operating System do you have? what windows?
what kind of Connection do you have?

well if i knew that i could tell you more... right now i would say... Firewall
one of you has a firewall and that is why you cant play... but that is just now... give me some more info and ill try and help you further.

-Wraith 8-
 D_S_W
05-25-2002, 7:13 AM
JKII multiplayer - any of them (CTF, duel, etc)
win2k, PIII 1000, 128MB, ge-force2(elsa gladiac i think)
adsl
i have a server through which i connect the internet (4 comps in the house)+hub (getting a switch soon) and yes, there's a firewall on the serv as on this system, but my friend does not have one, which doesnt make sense - why cant i join HIS game then? you see what I mean? and yes, the game works fine with MP games - its just his serv i cant seem to get.
can you tell me step by step how to start a session - so i'll know i did it right

10x anywayz Wraith!
 Wraith 8
05-27-2002, 4:48 AM
hmmmm... uhm.. dont realy own JKII..... and i dont play that much online games (soon with SWGalaxies i will :)) and from the looks of it it should work alright. now im not that a network wizard..

have you tried to take your own firewall down?
has your friend a good comp? i mean with everything right installed and good comp and OS and all that?

i dont know the step by step way... Have you tried asking this on the JKII forums? and if you cant work it out... i suggest go to a computer store... 9 out of the 10 times they know what to do.... most of them are game fanatics :D so...

i know im not that great a help as you expected.. but i hope you will resolve the problem.. good luck

-Wraith 8-
 D_S_W
05-28-2002, 8:11 PM
are u kidding? most store owners here are jack-@sses and have LESS tech. background then I do! (i know how to config systems from hard work - exp=skill :joy: )
anywayz, the game isnt selling in most stores here( small country Israel is, yeees) - since the head importer didnt take the game only few independent stores import it (stupid stupid head-artzi!@$$@@)
10x 4 ur time anyway m8
get JKII - great game
Page: 1 of 1