Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extracting Textures

Page: 1 of 1
 Rieekan
04-09-2000, 5:31 PM
Hello, I'm new here. Is it possible to extract textures in TPM into editable BMPs?
 Zanzibar
04-10-2000, 4:14 PM
I'll tell you what I know...which isn't much. I'm not a programmer, and I'm not sure what encryption process the models/levels went through.

Basically, the in-game models were created using the same process as Jedi Knight. We have .3DOs, .MATs and .KEYs just like JK does; we only did a few mods to it. However, instead of having separate files, we compiled all the information into a single file for each model, called a .BAF file. We also included additional information regarding scale, palettes, weapon nodes etc. etc. So, I don't know if any enterprising hackers out there have tried to 'look' at the .BAF files, but if it looks like a .3DO, it probably is http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

I know that doesn't help any non-hackers out there. The short answer is 'no', the long answer is 'maybe, if you spend a lotta time breaking your User Agreement and hacking into the files.'
Page: 1 of 1