Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

!!FIX!! for <<cannot see connection options>> ((WIN2k/ME))

Page: 1 of 1
 wiseduck
05-23-2002, 2:19 AM
Ok, so i can't see any connection types?
EASY! *requires you not be an idoit with the registry*

heres fix:
goto the startmenu>run>regedit

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\ Service Providers\Internet TCP\IP Connection For DirectPlay\

change value of *PATH* to C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\dpwsockx.dll

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\ Service Providers\IPX Connection For DirectPlay\

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\ Service Providers\Serial Connection For DirectPlay\

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectPlay\ Service Providers\Serial Connection For DirectPlay\

EOF - your done.
<<hopefuly your NT/ME/2k is on C: if not change that duh>>.

heres how i figur'd'd it:
read pervious post bout some directX error So I checked out Dxdiagloe (eek speeling)
it reported :
dpmodemx.dll
dpwsockx.dll
both missing.
*also it said Missing under registry in one of the columns*
did quick scan of WINNT folder found them in it under system32
pop'd open regedit and found that its said "c:\windows\system\*file*" rather than "c:\winnt\system32" which is the basic dam differance bettween win9x and win2k/me I believe for folders doH! who managed this mistake!?
so easy fix...

!geek gods! thanks for regedit that opens to same spot every time and the fact m$ gave us dxdiag.
 Grey_Leader11
06-16-2002, 1:23 PM
win2000/me has all the problems in the world
Page: 1 of 1