Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hey Zanzibar

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Simpson
04-09-2000, 1:15 PM
Can`t you guys at Big Ape just release some hacked files, patches, mods etc. for TPM?
Just release them in secret or unauthorized. That would make me play this game again!
 Zanzibar
04-10-2000, 4:09 PM
That would break our agreement with Lucasarts. Since TPM is a Lucasarts product, and also since LA has half-ownership of the tool we created to build TPM with, any mods to TPM would need to be authorized by LA.

Believe me, I wish it weren't so. I've created a few minor mods that I can't let go. But, even if we could, no one here has the time to play with creating new levels for TPM.
 Darth_Simpson
04-10-2000, 6:50 PM
DAMN!

Can`t you just send them to ME then??
I promise i wont release them!
PLLLZ!!!!!
 darthjustin69
04-11-2000, 12:19 AM
Yeah dude i totally agree .... "And may the force be with you"

------------------
JUSTIN
 Grand Admiral Thrawn
04-15-2000, 5:15 AM
I'm sure that Zanzibar WANTS to, but the reality is that he CAN'T. Unless of course he has a nervous breakdown, and wants to lose his job. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

------------------
The Darkside? I've been there. Do your worst.
 Master Jedi
04-18-2000, 8:19 PM
I sure won't tell anyone if you send out a few modifications. I'd buy the game again if it gave more freedom within the game. Also, I can't tell you how often I've run out of graphics or fallen through solid ground. Also, the game doesn't take it into account if you kill Darth Maul before the last level [Desert & Assault], considering how hard that is, there should be some reaction. Just out of interest, what were the mods you made?
 Zanzibar
04-18-2000, 9:43 PM
WOW you killed Maul before Final? How did you do it? I gotta know; he was supposed to be invincible.
 Grand Admiral Thrawn
04-19-2000, 12:17 AM
I was jumping around some bushes once, and I fell through into oblivion. Then I had to restart the level, because I didn't save. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif) Also, I jumped on the roof of this one building, but I fell right through. And the air taxi on Coruscant. I jumped on there long before it was even shot at, and I fell through.

------------------
The Darkside? I've been there. Do your worst.
 Zanzibar
04-19-2000, 5:31 AM
I'll admit, there's something going on with how TPM was set up that just makes absolutely no sense to me. Basically, there are maybe a dozen places in the game where you can fall to your death, yet the TPM code checks EVERY STEP YOU TAKE, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, to see if you need to start falling. Instead of specifically tagging areas as "Falling Danger" areas, well, every area is checked. If the calculations somehow get fouled, you fall to your death. Our level builders and testers spent untold hours trying to find locations that were susceptible to the "falling out of the world" bugs, and did a good job of fixing most of them by adjusting the polys, but I still don't get why the code was done like that...but as I said before, I'm not a programmer, and I don't understand everything that goes on in Codeland...
 Hannibal
04-19-2000, 4:45 PM
Does Lucas Arts not like us. Why would they forbid you from making the game have a longer playing life. Makes me wonder if Darth Sidious has not just gotten to the Galactic senate but to Lucas Arts as well.
Page: 1 of 1