Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Air cruiser problem in CC

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithmaster_821
05-22-2002, 5:31 PM
They're supposed to outrange the AA turrets but with only one range upgrade the AA turrets can them from their maximum range. I hope that they change that in the patch.
 darthfergie
05-22-2002, 8:38 PM
...Air Cruisers...I hate 'em. Well...except for the Imp Star and the Block Runner. (Death Star is insanely powerful...can even delete CLIFFS)

I once had an army of about 200 Repeater Troopers(cloned)...I looked away to check on my base...then I went back to command the army again...and they weren't there...I had 14 Clones left over from 2 Air Cruisers bombing me...:ball:
 Paragon_Leon
05-22-2002, 8:47 PM
good thing they improve range. That was a pain in GB. I'll be looking forward to slaughtering units from afar.

....and then annihilating them with the ground-army they didn't see coming. BUWAHAHAHA
 darthfergie
05-23-2002, 12:38 PM
I saw the Army coming...but I couldn't do anything about it:ball:
 Heavyarms
05-23-2002, 1:10 PM
best thing to do is to bait em with a squad of expendable troops, and then blast em!
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-23-2002, 2:26 PM
If only I had the game...
 darthfergie
05-23-2002, 3:06 PM
*Wizard of Oz tune to "If I Only had a Brain"*

Ya, it would be kind of pleasin'
To play it all the seasons,
But now my heart is full of pain.
I could dance and be merry,
Life would be a dingle derry,
If I only had the game.
 Havoc Stryphe
05-23-2002, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
*Wizard of Oz tune to "If I Only had a Brain"*

Ya, it would be kind of pleasin'
To play it all the seasons,
But now my heart is full of pain.
I could dance and be merry,
Life would be a dingle derry,
If I only had the game.

Whew! Fergie has lost his mind! ;)

What's with the Wizard of Oz thing Fergie? I mean, where did that come from!? :D

Nice Pic by the way! :D
 Sithmaster_821
05-23-2002, 5:54 PM
Oops sorry. You can out range aa turrets using attack ground and splash damage. Just realized that while playing.

By the way the ConFeds are really horrible. There supposed to have good mechs but lack advanced power pack, advanced redesign, and h strike mechs. And the lack of adv power pack takes most of the bite out of their troop bonus.
 Ready Wan
05-23-2002, 10:53 PM
is there a civ that gets a deathstar?
 RogueJedi86
05-23-2002, 11:36 PM
Actually, all civs gets the Death Star,Star Destroyer,and blockade runner. They're cheat codes and they are as follows:
That's no moon-Death Star
Tantive IV-Blockade Runner
Imperial entenglements-Star Destroyer
There's a screen of the death star bolwing something up in the CC section of GB.com
I don't even have the game yet.......just well versed in my knowledge of such things. From the makers of SIMON THE KILLER EWOK there's...........the almost impossible to destroy DEATH STAR!!!!!!!!!!! Yay to all single players that aren't computers!!!
 Gaming Nut
05-24-2002, 12:24 AM
Dope driod upgarde gives their driods 3+ attack that make them better then any other Civs troopers wookie and rebels inculded.

Their mechs aren't empire or trade fed like but you can't tell me they don't out class rebels, wookies, and naboo.
 Jedi_Chaos
05-24-2002, 2:38 PM
Yep, its interesting how in CC you have to respect the threat of the T4 Cruiser coming in....
I actually find it has forced me to have more air units on hand no matter what the civ than I previously would.....in the original game anit-air units could make up for lack of air power but now one hit from a cruiser force can take out a massed anti air mobile and trooper force....
I am really impressed with all the new angles CC has added to the game, and one aspect is that its just not air defense any more, its about air superiority or that ground army will really suffer from the cruiser attack (which only has to happen to you once to realize the dynamics of the game have been shaken up a little, and for the better in my opinion....alot more diversification and angles to take)
 simwiz2
05-24-2002, 5:14 PM
Sith was saying that the +3 attack was nearly negated by the -2 from the lack of adv power pack or whatever the last trooper/mech attack was called. And he's not saying that the confeds have horrible mechs, its that they dont have good mechs. the rebels ect have something else to use (like air), the confeds are supposed to use mechs and the mechs stink dum@$$
Page: 1 of 1