Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hints to the plots of Episode VII-IX?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi_Monk
05-22-2002, 3:14 PM
I'm still hoping Lucas decides to make the last trillogy; he might think he'll be too old, but if he films them the way Peter Jackson filmed the Lord of the Rings trillogy (i.e., all three moivies at once), he could be done with the hard part in just a couple years. It might still be most unlikely, but maybe Lucas will find it impossible to leave his galaxy far, far away...

That said, if Lucas has any inkling that he might want to make SW7-9, maybe he would drop some nice hints as to the plot of those movies.

In Dexter's Diner, Obi-Wan tells Dex "Well, if droids could think, we none of us would be here, would we?" So, what do we know from the other movies? Anakin is the Chosen One, who brings balance to the Force by destroying the corrupting presence of the Sith. So the Sith and Dark Jedi wouldn't be an influence in the last trillogy. So what about droids? Yes, we've seen Battle Droids in action, but what if all of the droids turned? A droid revolution? Slaves breaking out of bondage to challenge their masters for control of the universe.

Is it possible?
 dorain8
05-22-2002, 3:26 PM
IT WOULD BE ABOUT JEDI ACADEMY AND THRAWN'S REIGHN F TERRO AND THE REBORN EMPEROR THAT STUFF

THE NEW REPUBLIC STUFF

(IT IS ALREADY WRITTEN ABOUT THAT STUFF)
 Rogue Nine
05-22-2002, 3:26 PM
Don't think so. In order to please the bazillions of SW fans out there, Lucas would have to incorporate a good part of the EU. Lucas doesn't deal with EU, so he might just ignore it. The fans won't like that too much. And besides, Lucas has to come up with scripts for all three movies. Jackson had Tolkien's series to guide him.
 Jedi_Monk
05-22-2002, 3:32 PM
I don't think he would have to incorporate the EU in the least; this is his universe, afterall, and I think a lot of fans would want to see his vision of SW's future. I, personally, hate the EU--even Zahn's books leave me bitter after seeing the true universe shine through in the Prequels. I would welcome Lucas to come in and show all those hack-authors how SW should really be done.
 Darklighter
05-22-2002, 4:15 PM
Whatever the plot, you've got to have Mara Jade and Ben Skywalker, Luke and Mara's son. Imagine, the son of the son of the chosen one. And he has his Jedi training at Luke's academy, and goes out to fight the droid revolution! (I think I could play him, as I am a wicked actor and look like Mark Hammil and Hayden Christenson). Just a thought.
 Infinity
05-22-2002, 5:59 PM
you like the EP1 better then Zhan and Kevin J. Anderson?! I think you need to compare and contrast the writting quality present.

Jar Jar vs. Thrawn vs. Kyp Dyroun.

He couldn't just ignore decades of novelizations. 6 dozen intrecate stories.

But a Dark Empire 1 & 2 trilogy would woop some ass.

:jawa
 Darklighter
05-22-2002, 6:03 PM
You wouldn't have to just concentrate on one story. Lucas, if he felt so inclined, could merge the stories together to create a network of different stories and characters interacting with each other.

There would be 3 more whole films as well, you know!(hopefully)
 Jedi_Monk
05-22-2002, 6:07 PM
you like the EP1 better then Zhan and Kevin J. Anderson?! I think you need to compare and contrast the writting quality present.
Yes... Zahn is sci-fi, technobabble rules in his books. It's more like Star Trek with lightsabers and the Force than Star Wars. Kevin J. Anderson is insane... all he does is rehash, rehash, rehash... a deathstar prototype? The freakin' SUNCRUSHER?! The guy is superweapon-happy! Yes, Exar Kun is awesome, but not in Kevin J. Anderson's books.

And Lucas has already contradicted Zahn and Anderson in his Prequels.
 bigDAN456
05-23-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Yes... Zahn is sci-fi, technobabble rules in his books. It's more like Star Trek with lightsabers and the Force than Star Wars. Kevin J. Anderson is insane... all he does is rehash, rehash, rehash... a deathstar prototype? The freakin' SUNCRUSHER?! The guy is superweapon-happy! Yes, Exar Kun is awesome, but not in Kevin J. Anderson's books.

And Lucas has already contradicted Zahn and Anderson in his Prequels.

Explain how?
 Jedi_Monk
05-23-2002, 2:05 AM
Explain how?
The Death Star's designers are different, which means no Maw instalation, which means there wouldn't be a psychotic female warlord laying in wait there, which means 99% of The Jedi Academy books are null and void. Also, I can assure you, Exar Kun will have nothing to do with Anakin's descent to the Dark Side.

The timeline is completely skewed in Zahn's books; clones appearantly don't go insane and the Cloning Technology is not as new a thing as indicated. I seem to remember something about Clone Masters making armies of clones that shredded the Republic... well, that's obviously not what happened.
 Ferox
05-23-2002, 2:24 AM
lucas should definitly ingore the EU and continue his story.. screw these nerds who read star wars books rofl. its Lucas's baby.
 OldSkoolJedi
05-23-2002, 6:05 AM
Hell Yeah, Lucas's production of the "next trilogy" would make all those books look like a grade 2 project =/
 RichDiesal
05-23-2002, 6:13 AM
I doubt that Lucas himself will do the new films... I believe he much more wants to just make his own films outside of the Star Wars universe.

But George Jr. might do it when he inherits the empire... in that event, I have a feeling that the new Star Wars trilogy might be an ENTIRELY new series... screw the 5-30 years after... I mean 100 or 200 years after the fall of the Empire.

It would open up a whole new can of worms on new technology and ships and everything. Maybe even prototype light-technology.

I've always wanted a pair of lightnunchucks. :D
 Darklighter
05-23-2002, 6:19 AM
What about having a long descendant of Luke, who continues to lead smal group of jedi to defeat the new technological enemies? Don't tell me there won't be Jedis, DO NOT TELL ME THERE WON'T BE JEDIS!!!!
 RichDiesal
05-23-2002, 6:21 AM
Well there HAVE to be Jedi... I mean, the Force is timeless, it's not just going to go away. :p

I'm just saying that maybe they will have lightnunchucks, lightmorningstars and lightmaces. ;)
 Swifty
05-23-2002, 5:22 PM
But Lucas DID name Coruscant after Zhan's books...it was Timothy who came up with the name in his first Trilogy. In Episodes IV-VI, it didn't even have a name.

EU exists and is wholly answerable to Lucas Licensing, who maintains continuity of ALL SW product- books, computer and console games, toys, etc...however, it doesn't work the other way around, ie, George has free reign to do as he chooses (which is the way it should be).

And he WON'T do 7-9. The nine move series was originally "The adventures of Luke Skywalker", but that got kyboshed VERY early. The entire story arc has changed, obviously with Vader being the focus. The nine movie set was to focus on Luke. With this shift in arc, the last 3 films are no longer necessary- Vader was redeemed in ROTJ. It was Kirshner's interview during directing ESB that gives this 9 movie myth it's life.
 Jedi_Monk
05-23-2002, 6:26 PM
I've got the THX version of the trillogy that came out before the SEs; it has an interview with George Lucas before each installment. Lucas himself talks about nine SW movies, saying the first three were about Anakin, the last three about Luke and the two stories intersected in the middle trilogy.
 Keiran Halcyon
05-23-2002, 6:42 PM
The last trilogy culd be about the end of the YUzann Vong invasion, that sotry is not told yet... and would be fresh, no more Empire enemy.
 sparky_fox
05-24-2002, 8:31 AM
I havn't read yuzon zong (is that a trillogy?) who's the author, lots of people are talking about it so I guess its good, and if its good then I wanna read it.
 Darklighter
05-24-2002, 8:44 AM
If there were to be more films after, Lucas should include all the relevant stories whether it be from books or his own imagination (or someone elses, if he does not want to make it himself).

Carrying on from the whole Jedi story continuation, has anyone considered the descendant of Anakin Skywalker and Han Solo's son, Anakin Solo? He plays quite a big role in the continuation o Star Wars, and it is said he would replace Luke in the future as the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy.

There's a massive page about him on starwars.com on this link:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/anakinsolo)

Thoughts?
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 9:48 AM
The Yuzza Vong appear in The New Jedi Order, a series of books that will be at least 20.

Anakin could be Luke's succesor, but What about Luke and Mara's son? he has to be more powerful...
 deadpool99
05-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I think he should make SW movies that follow the life of the different characters after they make Ep3.

Like the Tales of Yoda. Or Boba Fett. Any popular character really, could make an excellent movie.

And since Yoda was already an old man in Episode 1, there is plenty of stories from his entire life IM SURE!
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 11:29 AM
That stories are better for books. It would be in the same category as the SW saga if them were movies.
 Soul-Burn
05-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Well... we all know that the emperor is reborn 20 years after ROTJ....

You can read that in the Star Wars "Behind the magic" 2 CDs...

It has a timeline of all events, since the ancient time till 50 years after the fall of the empire.
 RichDiesal
05-24-2002, 12:13 PM
Sheesh, I say we just let the whole series die, books, movies and all, while it still has some dignity.

Oh, but keep making Jedi Knight games. :p
 Darklighter
05-24-2002, 3:40 PM
What!! How can you say that?! Have you no faith in the continuation of Lucas' vision?

Jedi Kinght games are cool, though!:)
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by Keiran_Halcyon
That stories are better for books. It would be in the same category as the SW saga if them were movies.

Sorry, i was going to say: It wouldn't be in the same cathegory....
 Keiran Halcyon
05-24-2002, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Soul-Burn
Well... we all know that the emperor is reborn 20 years after ROTJ....

You can read that in the Star Wars "Behind the magic" 2 CDs...

It has a timeline of all events, since the ancient time till 50 years after the fall of the empire.

The emperos is reborn (two times) before the jedi academy trilogy, that means 5-6 years after ROJ. I have Behind the Magic and all Bantam Books. The story you are refering is in Dark Horse Comics Dark Empire, Dark EMpire II and Empire's end, wich although i have not the chance of reading them, i know many things about it, because i love that plot. :)
 DBlake
05-25-2002, 8:58 PM
Heres my idea for episode 7-9 (i doubt they will do this)

Make it based on Kyle Katarn in JK, Mots, and JO. This does take place after ep. 6 so it would work perfect in the plot. I know that it goes against the idea of star wars being based around Anikin Skywalker, but i think it would be awsome. Kyle (Russel Crowe, i wish) against Jerec would be great.
 Coop
05-26-2002, 1:18 AM
I'm sure Lucas would come up with something new, his own. Though, I'm sure the EU would have some effect on his work. Like how he put the Fetts into Ep2. Fett was a minor character in the trilogy, but all the fanfics influenced him to give a background to him in Ep2.
 Ewok Hunter
05-26-2002, 1:21 AM
A few things:
theforce.net says that the NJO story arc will end around the end of 2003
Originally posted by Keiran_Halcyon
The Yuzza Vong appear in The New Jedi Order, a series of books that will be at least 20.

Anakin could be Luke's succesor, but What about Luke and Mara's son? he has to be more powerful...
Anakin Solo is dead he died in star by star

about a droid revolution:
if you read the bounty hunters anthology, IG-88 inserted program into all of the driods manufactured in Mechis 3 giving them setience and preparing them for the time when he would overthrow all biological life. he put his mind into the death star 2 and died when it exploded. this does not stop the droids that already have the programing from running amok; though if they do they will lack good leadership
 Yoda`s Padawan
05-26-2002, 1:09 PM
When they don`t say, that Darth Sidious will be killed in Episode3,
than he could be a problem again!
Or Darth Vader`s pupil, Dessan (JK2)
could be the new Hero of the Empire!!!
:lsduel:
:lightning
 razorace
05-27-2002, 11:48 PM
I doubt Lucas is going to let anyone make anymore Star Wars movies pass Episode III unless one of his childs decides to direct.

In that case, I imagine it would be a totally new story made ether 100s of years in the past or 50+ years past ROTJ (as the OT actors are too old to play their characters again). But don't get your hopes up.
 Keiran Halcyon
05-28-2002, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by ewok hunter

Anakin Solo is dead he died in star by star

WEll... when wirting things like that, use the 'spoiler' tag, YOU KNOW. Anyways i already knew that.

But i think he is not dead, and he is the 'traitor' in TRAITOR book
 bigDAN456
05-28-2002, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by Yoda`s Padawan
When they don`t say, that Darth Sidious will be killed in Episode3,
than he could be a problem again!
Or Darth Vader`s pupil, Dessan (JK2)
could be the new Hero of the Empire!!!
:lsduel:
:lightning

Dessan isn't Vaders pupil!?
 Duncan Barr
05-28-2002, 9:16 PM
The guy who said about the first 3 being about Anakin and the last 3 about Luke is spot on.

Lucas originally felt the story would be in 9 parts, but as it evolved ever since Star Wars had the EpIV added it has always been 6 films.

I think it is best left this way- after all it is meant to be the story of Anakin Skywalker and this has a logical and satisfying conclusion.

Spinoff films maybe.................................

Oh and re the Maw- that would be cool to see on film, Id love it if this could be worked into Ep3.
 ash_007
05-29-2002, 2:36 AM
I`ve Heard that the good `Ol George has all ready got a rough script for the 7-9 triliogy. Not sure of how complete the scripts are, or if he has plans to use them. But the ideas are there :)
 MotionMan
05-29-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Duncan Barr

Spinoff films maybe.................................

Like "Battle for endor"? or the other ewok one?:)
 Fett_72
05-30-2002, 12:08 AM
They said on the radio that Lucas himself has said there will be no episodes 7 through 9. I'm just as sad as everyone else, but I can understand it, the man does get praise, but look at all the **** he takes (ie. JAR JAR).

They also said that Lucas also said that he still may do another standalone movie in the SW universe, so I think that'd be almost as good.
 MJ
05-30-2002, 2:07 AM
Taken from scifi.comGeorge Lucas reiterated to the Infobeat Web site that he has no intention of creating a third Star Wars trilogy once he's done with the upcoming Episode III. "I thought it might be fun to bring Carrie [Fisher] and Mark [Hamill] and Harrison [Ford] back when they're 65 and make another movie with them," Lucas said. "But I'm going to be over 60 when I finish this, and it takes 10 years to do a trilogy. I'm not going to spend my last 10 years doing Star Wars."

The guy wants a rest. He needs a decade or so to sit back and enjoy his many millions. And face it, by the time Episode III comes out, the guy's going to be damn tired.

Anyway, he should quit while he's ahead. I think that Star Wars would have been much better without this entire 'Prequal' business.

And if you want more episodes, watch Space Balls. :)
 razorace
07-21-2002, 5:49 AM
Dessan isn't Vaders pupil!?

Actually, Dessan is one of Luke's pupils who turned to the dark side. I believe it happened in one of the books, but it's suppose to be common knowledge at the beginning of Jedi Outcast.
 Keiran Halcyon
07-21-2002, 6:16 AM
Dessan does not appear in the Bantam books, so if JKO is set during that time...

there is two apprentices lost in those books, Kueller (the most powerful) and other i dont' remember. (they appear in The New Rebellion)
 AgentSmith
07-21-2002, 6:21 AM
Anakin Solo will stay dead I fear, his body was cremated and it was George Lucas himself who instructed the NJO writers to kill of Anakin Solo since most people confused him with Anakin Skywalker.

Also I think the traitor is Vergere, she's a Jedi Knight in the era of Episode II who infiltrates the Yuuzhan Vong and returns in the NJO era.
 Woad
07-27-2002, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk
I'm still hoping Lucas decides to make the last trillogy; he might think he'll be too old, but if he films them the way Peter Jackson filmed the Lord of the Rings trillogy (i.e., all three moivies at once), he could be done with the hard part in just a couple years. It might still be most unlikely, but maybe Lucas will find it impossible to leave his galaxy far, far away...

That said, if Lucas has any inkling that he might want to make SW7-9, maybe he would drop some nice hints as to the plot of those movies.

In Dexter's Diner, Obi-Wan tells Dex "Well, if droids could think, we none of us would be here, would we?" So, what do we know from the other movies? Anakin is the Chosen One, who brings balance to the Force by destroying the corrupting presence of the Sith. So the Sith and Dark Jedi wouldn't be an influence in the last trillogy. So what about droids? Yes, we've seen Battle Droids in action, but what if all of the droids turned? A droid revolution? Slaves breaking out of bondage to challenge their masters for control of the universe.

Is it possible?

It's funny you should mention that about the droid line, I found myself thinking that exact same thing in the theater. I even brought it up with my friends after the show, course they all rolled their eyes and told me it would never happen...
Page: 1 of 1