Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im new to Pay-2-Play, and i have a question

Page: 1 of 1
 Woodster2003
05-22-2002, 2:49 PM
Alright, im still in the phase of deciding if i want to dish out money every month to play a game, but if i do decide to do it, I have 1 question. is it possible to disable your account? Like if you dont want to play any more.
 Koffin
05-22-2002, 3:10 PM
Yes...

More than likely, a free month of play will be included with the purchase of the game so you can try it out for free and decide if you want to continue playing.
 Rommel
05-22-2002, 3:20 PM
You mean are you contractually obligated to play for a certain amount of time? No this is renewed every month, you decide when to stop playing, and stop paying. Of course if you don't let them know they'll just keep on billing your credit card monthly.

Most services like this also store your character for like 3-6 months after you stop just in case you want to continue again.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Woodster2003
05-22-2002, 3:45 PM
I dont know if this pay-2-play stuff is a good idea. Im not rich, and i cant imagine paying like $20 a month. I dont know what to do!
 Koffin
05-22-2002, 4:01 PM
yeah it gets expensive, but it's a new trend in online gaming. Twenty bucks a month might be to high, the highest Ive scene was 12$ for DAOC.

It all depends on how envolved with the game you'll be. If you buy one game a month, then it would be cheaper to stick with SWGALAXIES. However if you arent a straight SW player, (and continue to purchase the newest games on the market) then money might get a little tight.

Me best advise:
Try the free trial period, if you like it, play it for a few months. See how likely you are to keep with it. If you feel its good enough, youll remain dedicated and the cost will be worth it.

If not, you wont be out any more money then the price of an additional game.

Only time and the game itself will help you decide.
 DudEhead
05-22-2002, 5:48 PM
My first pay-to)play game was daoc and that is a good example, played it for two months and quitted.... but ive got a feeling this game wont be the same... graphics are great, i looove star wars and the add-on will make it the most kick ass game ever :)... only trouble is if they split up EU and VS versions again, so i will have to decide on which servers to play (if VS are sooner, then no doubt, i will play on VS servers, no matter what :fett: )
 madzabrak
05-22-2002, 6:58 PM
I saw somewhere that the price would potentially be $10/month. Not too bad, eh?;)
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 6:39 AM
well im just gonna get a creditcard and try to play every month... i got a job that payes me more than enough to get around.... so i think im game :D
 DudEhead
05-23-2002, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by madzabrak
I saw somewhere that the price would potentially be $10/month. Not too bad, eh?;)

that's about 11Ђ or something if i'm not mistaken.... only 1Ђ more than DAOC for much more gameplay (I like the potential Jedi rarety), better Graphics and last but not least: potentially the best Star wars game ever :)
 Darth Maxx
05-23-2002, 5:21 PM
I think I'll just play with the US side of the PA, but if all the Dutchies over here play on Europe I'll prolly go play there.
But if the game is released sooner in US it's not fair :mad:
 BenSkywalker
05-23-2002, 5:38 PM
You don't need a credit card to play do you? Surely you could just get a standing order every month from the bank
 DudEhead
05-23-2002, 6:24 PM
prolly not, most mmorpg's require visa or similar bankcard (get looking now u :) ) and if it's the same for sw galaxies as for DAOC in the EU/US matter, that US gets it's updates much sooner and stuff, i'll definately play US..
 Ohn Ruukon
05-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Dude Who cares about the cost?? I mean as long as w can play all is well with the world right??:fett: :deathstar :D
 Ohn Ruukon
05-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Oh and I dont think it will require credit card.:fett: :deathstar :D
 DudEhead
05-25-2002, 7:25 AM
hmmm... would be a first if u don't have to pay more when u use a non-majorcreditcard way to pay for it...
 Darth Maxx
05-25-2002, 8:26 AM
Practically all MMORPG's use creditcards so...
Just have to whine some more at daddy :D
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-25-2002, 11:10 AM
er...can a 16 year old get a credit card?, i hope it DOSNT require a credit card :(
 DudEhead
05-25-2002, 3:49 PM
i think u need to be 18 and if u don't have an income of your own, someone has to bail for u (borg voor u staan in't nederlands :fett:)
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-26-2002, 3:26 AM
*throws his dreams of SWG out the window*

*sigh* i guess i can play KOTOR :/
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 8:00 AM
Don(t yet... if u'r willing to pay a bit more, there are sites that pay with visa for u... only bad thing about is they charge u for it... prolly 15$ a month instead of 10$ a month then... and check ur family for visa or other major credit card, u never know...
 Ulic Quel Droma
05-26-2002, 10:31 AM
well
my mother owns a credit card, but she thinks using it on the net is not safe :(
 DudEhead
05-26-2002, 11:02 AM
i think the chances of getting ur info stolen, when paying stuff like this, that is very official and stuff, are the same as being robbed on the street in daylight in front of a police station... it can happen, but chances are very small
 Janzeke Khan
06-01-2002, 3:44 AM
But it's that chance that keeps us noncredit card owning players out of the online games. Why can't they just send a bill too the players in the mail like any other bill.
 Jman3ooo
06-04-2002, 11:22 PM
FEAR NOT MY fellow credit cardless sw geeks ;)

There is a way to get around this. If they have it like they did in everquest, you will be able to buy "cards" every month in a gaming store to renew your application each month...

Well... This dosent solve the money problem but it is a start.
 Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 5:57 AM
is that also for Europe? or just the US?
 Jman3ooo
06-05-2002, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Wraith 8
is that also for Europe? or just the US?

I have no clue, However I cant say i have even used it...

I read it in my PCGamer Magazine.
Page: 1 of 1