Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A New Hope?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
07-28-2001, 10:34 PM
Will I buy this game? i heard the first two sw rts games sucked, so i didn't even bother. however, i have Aoe and that game rocks. lucasarts needs to add their own "aura" to this game though they shouldn't reinvent the wheel here. i will wait for the ratings first and then see from there. however, if this game plays as smooth as AoE and the units/storyline are cohesive, this game is mine.

:naboo:
 Tie Guy
07-28-2001, 10:39 PM
Hi there Jay, hope you enjoy you're stay.

If i were you (which i'm not) i would definately get this game as soon as it came out. Does that mean you should get it? Maybe, but it's up to you. Is it going to be a good game? Yes. Is it going to be better than FoComm or Rebellion? I think so. Is it going to similar to AOE and AOE II? Yes.

So, if you liked AOE, and you like Star Wars, i think that this game is a must have.
 Lord JayVizIon
07-28-2001, 10:47 PM
thanks for the info. yeah, i'll bet i enjoy my stay here. i saw the screenshots on gamespot.com and i think i'm 80/20 i'm getting the game the day it comes out. by the way, how can i get an icon similar to your tie fighter under my handle?
 Tie Guy
07-28-2001, 11:04 PM
I already replied to this in the other thread, so you can find out there. (I'd just type it over but its late and i'm tired :D)
 hallben
07-29-2001, 12:44 PM
I have Rebellion and love it, played FC and hated it, have AOE and AOK and love them, so im pretty sure this game is gonna be a good one. Oh whats the file, i dont like down loading something when I dont know what it is. :( :mad:
 Rogue15
07-29-2001, 2:04 PM
lol just 'cause a game gets retarded reviews doesn't mean squat. I love both game very much and play them occasionally. there's nothing to hate in them although i admit force commander's mp is funner than sp.
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 2:18 PM
Yeah, reviews mean nothing really. I judge games based on the "fun factor." If a game is fun, i like it. All the graphics and sounds and other things are just bonuses.
 Darth_Rommel
07-29-2001, 3:48 PM
I am in total agreement with Tie Guy:yoda:
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 5:22 PM
Why, thank you.

But you can't count out reviews, the people that write them aren't idiots. They don't write them for nothing. You just can't judge a game by the review, that's all.
 ZeroXcape
07-30-2001, 4:09 PM
Rebellion was/is a great game. Granted it wasn't a very practical multiplayer game (due to the length,) it is still very fun. No other Star Wars game lets you conquer the universe like Rebellion does. I would have personally changed a few aspects of how the game works if it was me, but if a Rebellion II were made: it'd be a best-seller. The Rebellion following was quite large in its day. Even today, sites like SWRebellion.net still support the game.

Force Commander is a different story. After helping out on multiple FC sites for almost two years, I decided not to buy the game due to numerous internal problems. After playing the demo, I'm not sure why anyone would want to play it. Force Commander is one of the only LucasArts games that isn't on my shelf.

As far as Battlegrounds is concerned, every indication that I've seen has been positive. The organization of the entire project should make GB quite successful. A few more months, and we'll be able to see :wedge:
 Paragon_Leon
07-30-2001, 7:05 PM
i've been playing AOK heavily and do monthly LAN-parties with about 8 people. now i'm really looking forward to delve into this and maybe for the first time play online.
that would be something... finally test how good i am in comparison to a gaming community online..
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 10:07 PM
Yeah, the only game i've played online is JK, but i'm really looking forward to doing so with this game.
 Darth_Rommel
07-30-2001, 10:09 PM
Yeah, multiplayer AoK is fun, I imagine this will be the

sameevil6 Of course... you won't want to play me evil2
 Paragon_Leon
07-31-2001, 4:03 AM
i guess it'll become like it was with AOK:

comparing age-times (tech-times in this case),
comparing unit-strengths,
combo's, strategies...

the likes.
 Tie Guy
07-31-2001, 11:02 AM
Could you explain that, i've never played AOK?
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 12:27 AM
for some reason, i think the biggest competition i've seen was doing battlenet with starcraft. man, they had some serious gamers out there......i figure that people are gonna go nuts with this game that it could be the same.
 Paragon_Leon
08-01-2001, 5:46 AM
what i mean is that the community of AOK spends a great amount of time / webspace comparing civs, posting guides, strategies, comparisons in strength... you name it, they've got it.

what i'm really looking forward to is the online database of recorded games that will be exploding after the game comes out...
 Tie Guy
08-01-2001, 9:34 PM
I'm looking forward to all the new scenarios that will be coming out.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 7:06 AM
oh yeah !
invading Naboo while you see a couple of Jedi and Padme sneaking into the hangar..
fighting imps on Bespin while Leia et all escape...
that would be great !
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 6:07 PM
or just outright destroying bespin :D
 Darth_Rommel
08-02-2001, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I'm looking forward to all the new scenarios that will be coming out.

Me too!
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 6:12 PM
destroying ?!!?
my....favorite....location ??

oh well.

nuke the city.
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 7:15 PM
no, don't nuke it, stomp all over it with AT-AT's. hehe
Page: 1 of 1