Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How can I watch recorded games that I have downloaded?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mamu
05-22-2002, 4:09 AM
seeing as GB.com doesnt have any for download yet, I found another site with some, named GBHeaven, downloaded a few of theirs.

but I cannot seem to watch them. they do not appear on the saved game roster, as my personal recorded games do.

I tried to look into it further, I saw that they were mgx filetypes, as my personal ones were mg1 filetypes. Now I am not sure if this makes any difference, but I changed the filetypes anyhow, to match mg1.

Well then, the games appeared on the roster, yet everytime, with each recorded game I tried, everytime I tried to watch them, they would crash the game, go to desktop, and I would need to restart my computer before I could do anything again.

I am not sure if I am missing something, or if these are just bad downloads, as in all their saved games are not good?

I am asking for help here, due to the fact someone else asked a few days ago on their own forums, with no replies, and I am hoping for better luck here.
 Leafbeach
05-22-2002, 5:59 AM
I think .mg1 is used for games recorded by the expansion, and .mgx is for games recorded with the original game. Since unit stats and such are different between the two, the formats aren't compatible with each other.

There is also a patch for the original game, but I think the format is still .mgx there. I don't know for sure since I never bothered to download it for some reason. Also don't know if the unpatched recordings are compatible with the ones from the patched game.
Page: 1 of 1