Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CTF Maps

Page: 1 of 1
 SnaKeYeZ
05-22-2002, 2:03 AM
Who makes CTF maps? Im just wondering because I would like to know when we can expect somemore maps. I've played most of the custom maps and a lot of them have excellent ideas, yet are still lacking. If anyone plans on making a CTF map in the near future please stop by: EnterTheGame #wc I'd like to give some people some tips and ideas... cause i dont make maps sry =)

Wrecking Crew (http://wrecking-crew.clanhappy.com)
 Lucky
05-22-2002, 2:17 AM
WC ran thru that hoth map hoping it would have some play value and i ended up wall walking thru a wall in the first minute of us screwin around with it.

Maps = need beta testers before they get released. Although walking around on the default textured/unlit grid outside the level was interesting, it still completely ruins the map for play.

Things like that need to be avoided.

Lucky
 SnaKeYeZ
05-23-2002, 1:24 AM
*Bump* :)
 DannyJAllTheWay
05-23-2002, 1:52 AM
Wired Studios is making a ctf map pack.
 UniKorn
05-23-2002, 3:59 AM
Yep, at this moment we are planning to release 5 maps in about 3 weeks.
 Lucky
05-23-2002, 4:01 AM
Jester's in my class actually, im lookin forward to that map pack.

Still, I hope u guys get some serious playtesting in, i told Jester about the bug in Echo Base and he was pretty sure Wired's work would be a tad more professional.

Lucky
 SnaKeYeZ
05-23-2002, 6:42 AM
Still, I hope u guys get some serious playtesting in - Anders

Yes that would be cool, i'll beta test if you need some body =P
I'll keep my eyes open for this map pack... =)
 UniKorn
05-23-2002, 9:05 AM
We got 10 people betatesting it, and we will have some testsessions with the SEA clan vs WLS on Vorax's server to make sure everything runs like a baby :D
 Leagle
05-23-2002, 9:46 AM
I hate it when people say things like: "There's one spot where you can go into a wall, but it's really difficult to find." Or: "You'll never find it unless you're looking for it..."

And the 1st thing I do is fall through a wall, or get stuck in a corner. Another one I hate is if you walk in the wrong place and you die immediately. Duel_Bespin, for example. If you walk near the edges sometimes you just die. I don't know the exact places yet tho.:(
 Lucky
05-23-2002, 9:50 AM
Make sure and wall walk on *everything* also, any glass panes you have that are parallel with the ground, make sure they aren't below any ledges you don't want people to get to.

If you have detonator's in any of your maps, make sure the roof's of any tall buildings are textured. Same with the glass pane thing, if you dont want to move the glass.

Unless of coures you've thought of those things already and have decided to incorporate them in your map. I've been showing Jester all the exploits i found in the default levels, hopefully he's aware of where things can and will go wrong.

Lucky
Page: 1 of 1