Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ideas for new GB advanced commands.

Page: 1 of 1
 polaris_crd
05-22-2002, 1:14 AM
Let me know of any cool commands you have come up with. Here is one I thought of.

THE DEFEND BASE COMMAND

I thought of a new command for units inside fortresses and turrents and its called the "defend base command". When enemy units attack the fortress / Turrent, your units will automaticly ungarrison and start attacking the enemies until they are destoryed or out of range, and then your units go back and garrison themselves back into the fortress / Turrent.
 Calenstein
05-22-2002, 4:02 AM
that's a good idea...

there's definately room to improve for military unit AI.

Too bad this engine is probably dead after GB:CC, making way for 3d RTS engines with completely overhauled code... perhaps with the same age-old problems!
 polaris_crd
05-23-2002, 5:20 PM
I also thought it would be cool for troops inside mechs to add power to the mech's attack, and Maybe workers inside mechs could slowly heal the mech's hit points.

I think your should be able to load transports with Nerf and Bantha, because it's imposible to get them back to your base on island maps.
Page: 1 of 1