Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Republic Ciov is da bomb!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 darthfergie
05-21-2002, 3:26 PM
I only played 3-4 minutes with them before I found that they...were da bomb!

In tech 4 I was able to produce over 100 Repeater Troopers in about 2 minutes. I then took over two bases easily (with a little Jedi Starfighter help) In the third base though...well...um...they kind of had this Air Cruiser...and my guys were kind of clustered in a small sqaure...and they kind of dissapeared very quickly into the dirt...BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!

The republic is a mass producing machine that is even better than the TF and EVEN the Naboo (at full tech). They have every Jedi Tech possible which really helps. Plus their fighter trechs are massive. They even have the coveted shields.

Massive army really quick = easy victory:D
 Dvlos
05-21-2002, 5:54 PM
Imagined teamed up with a civ liek the rebels that give you food bonuses to make more? Full upgraded republics can churn out troopers by the mother-load.

Plus since they get cheaper jedi, and jedi self heal and have more HPs they aren't useless or a waste of resourcees, Id march 10-12 jedi's in with troopers get the upgrades to convert the air cruisers and your set.
 Dvlos
05-21-2002, 5:55 PM
Also the Royal Naboo doesn't suck anymore..

Get some holocrons, and with thier civ bonus and some trading the Naboo can churn out ships by the bucket loads!! I think Naboo and Republic are a good team.
 darthfergie
05-22-2002, 4:42 PM
Republic doesn't need a team!:D

They rule!!! Their better than the Teutons from AoK!!!
Their only drawback is making houses. That's the ONLY thing TF has over them. But once you power up those Troop Factories you'll be puting them out faster than Ford (you know...the motor company) could ever do.
 duder
05-22-2002, 5:21 PM
Do you mean Goths?

I think the team bonuses are really gonna make team games really interesting. Imagine the confeds (trade bonus) teaming with the Naboo (holocron bonus), the Naboo will be able to produce more nova than they know what to do with!
 Paragon_Leon
05-23-2002, 3:39 PM
My experience is that you'll always be in need of nova no matter how much you get. Too many bonuses / units that use it...

I used to play TF; i hope i'll get used to houses quickly, because Republic sounds like a dead cert fave for me !
Thanks for the heads up.
 guyinarmor
05-25-2002, 6:42 PM
republic sounds good

ford= (F)ound (O)n (R)oad (D)ead
 WolfmanNCSU
05-26-2002, 1:42 AM
(F)ixed
(O)r
(R)epaired
(D)aily

Actually, I have a ford right now that I hate, but its just because the car is sooo old and well driven. It has served its time and some. The next car that I am looking at is a ford also, but the name does not make any deal to me, I just liked the other type of car and it happens to be a ford as well.
Page: 1 of 1