Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sorry, but I can't share the enthusiasm

Page: 1 of 1
 Amok
05-21-2002, 2:16 PM
Now, how to put this? Sorry, can't help it but this was the first Star Wars movie ever that bored me. I caught myself actually waiting for the next cut and a new scene several times and other people even left the movie to get another drink and they were NOT AT ALL in a hurry!!!
...and the worst thing about it: In a way I find that hard to believe! I am a fan, right? Were the expectations just too high so they could never have been met? Or was it really just a bad movie? O.k. the ending is great as soon as all the Jedis come to the arena. But all before that? What was that? An afternoon soap and a non-interactive promo for a jump and run? Mario Bros. to the rescue.

Simply said, I am absolutely undecided what to think. What's for sure is, that I left the cinema really disappointed with hardly any thrill left. By now I think I'll just go see it again (in a while) to give it a 2nd chance. But still, there is that feeling that this was not Star Wars.
Page: 1 of 1