Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebert is a fool!!

Page: 1 of 1
 NemoX
05-21-2002, 1:56 PM
:wstupid:

I just heard he's review on ep 2...Some of his opinions were, the special effects were not good, he liked the Yoda from ep 5 better than the Yoda in ep 2, he felt that Yoda should not have to pull out the saber or get physical in any way, he should defeat his adversaries with his mind.

To Ebert and critics like him..."It is better to be thought a fool, rather than opening your mouth and letting it all out." not sure on the exact quote but i think i'm close enough.

:duel:
 thelegalbeagle
05-21-2002, 2:02 PM
When Roger Ebert thinks up his own set of films that give as much pleasure to people as George has with SW, he can gripe about Yoda.

It's George's story, and if some people don't like some or all of it, they can feel free to go away, turn off, not go to the cinema etc. There are some parts that I wasn't 100% with (hated JarJar in TPM, loathed the Ewoks in ROTJ), but the rest makes up for it.

To George - do or do not, there is no try. Thank you for doing.
 Cracken
05-21-2002, 3:15 PM
Roger Ebert ought to be smashed in the skull with a heavy piece of mining equipment and left bleeding in the moonlight.
 Hannibal
05-21-2002, 3:33 PM
Ebert gushed over TPM. He's just making up for the fact that it wasn't as good as he 'bootlicked' it was.

It's cooler for a reviewer to say that he/she didn't like it. Any movie that might appeal to the masses is bad. He's got a reputation to protect. The bonehead.
 Nebelwerfer_
05-21-2002, 3:48 PM
AMEN!!!!
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 3:53 PM
hmm, to be perfectly honest i thought that way too.

i loved the yoda saber fight.. but i always pictured yoda as a guy who didnt need a saber.
 Jedi_Monk
05-21-2002, 4:34 PM
Listen, the deal is this: "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." We saw using the Force for knowledge and defense in SW2 with the absorbing of lightning and the flinging-aside of Dooku's projectiles. When a Jedi wants to attack, he has to use his trusty lightsaber.
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 8:07 PM
well, yoda can use the force to make him flip and drop his own light saber and then he falls on it rofl..

and if someone is attacking you with lightning and you fire lighting back thats not attacking, its called defending.. your defending your life.

same with karate, you use it for defense not attack. that just means you shouldnt go around whooping on people and being evil.
Page: 1 of 1