Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why doesn't Jango's head fall out?

Page: 1 of 1
 antiphon
05-21-2002, 1:52 PM
When Jango's clone picks up the helmet after he is decapitated, why didn't his head pop out? I was half-expecting to see it but then I think that would have pushed the PG rating!
 Blenny
05-21-2002, 2:02 PM
A.) It would have pushed the rating.

B.) If it was going to it probably already had.

C.) A smart bounty hunter always keeps his helmet on with a chin strap.
 Master Vaylen
05-21-2002, 2:22 PM
In the book the helmet is empty when Boba finds it, so who knows?

Maybe it's a way of leaving the door open for a comeback. I know whoever was wearing the armor is clearly decapitated, but I don't think you see Jango actually putting his helmet on. One minute it's off and a little later it's on. Some kind of switch with a clone maybe? Not that I believe that, it's just an option that came to mind.

Personally I doubt he isn't dead. Jango would have no reason to believe he'd be killed and wouldn't need a decoy, and it's the right way to set up Boba's character for the other films. Doesn't he have some kind of hatred for Jedi? - which the film would set up nicely.
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 2:30 PM
well remember a light saber when it slashs through someone quarterizes the wound( like you saw in braveheart when they took the hot poker to the old guys wound. the intense heat stops the blood and helps in healing) so you wouldnt see blood and stuff flying around.

what messed me up about that scene was that it seemed like there was a long pole under the head like he was an action figure or someone and the head poped on top.

and it think he just died way to quick.. granted mace is one of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy but it just happened so fast you were like...uh what?
 Sithxace
05-21-2002, 3:29 PM
this is a low point in the Starwars trilogy. I think they should have had it rated to PG-13 since he says this move is concentrated on 14-15 year olds.

I just hate seeing mauls body cut in half with noting coming out or no head or redness on neck when his head was cut off, the closest to red was when luke's hand got cut off.
 Jedi_Monk
05-21-2002, 7:14 PM
and it think he just died way to quick.. granted mace is one of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy but it just happened so fast you were like...uh what?
Well, while watching AotC for the second time ( :D ) I noticed that when Jango was trampled by the rhino monster (I think it was the Reek?) his jetpack shorted out. You can see sparks flying out of the bottom of it and hear them, too. So basically, Jango lost his speed advantage, couldn't rocket out of the way, couldn't go up just had to rely on his blasters... and he got hacked down. Fate's a b*tch, ain't it?
 darth tyrannus
05-21-2002, 7:28 PM
perhaps jango's head fell out when his helmet flew through the air after mace sliced it off.
 Master Qui-Gon
05-21-2002, 7:30 PM
Probably.
 Cracken
05-21-2002, 7:31 PM
Maybe the dust and wind from the explosions and the landing Gunships separated head from helmet.
 DragonFire
05-21-2002, 7:44 PM
When i saw it come off i thought it was a droid under it or something, i dunno why justed didn't seem right.
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 8:53 PM
uh did you ignore my post or what? the reason why when maul got cut in half he didnt have blood and guts go flying is because the wound was quarterized same with jango fet, but that doesnt explain where the head actually went, i would say it probably rolled and the helmet fell off... you play jk2 at all with dismemberment on? see how when you cut someone in half you see a little spark and embers on the part where it was cut?
 Personator
05-21-2002, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by DragonFire
When i saw it come off i thought it was a droid under it or something, i dunno why justed didn't seem right.

yeah, I thought the same thing. I was expecting to see Jango without armor standing behind Dooku after he "died", but I didn't :(
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-22-2002, 3:47 AM
Okay, has anyone here ever worn a motorcycle helmet before? Fits quite nice eh... think about it...

:jango:
 Vicious
05-22-2002, 8:15 PM
It should be pretty obvious to everyone that Jango is wearing an outfit designed for combat. Combat with a lot of running, jumping, shooting, flying and being thrown around by enemies and explosions. It stands to reason his helmet would be secured to his head somehow. Like the previous post said a motercycle helmet stays on a head pretty snug, most have ching straps on them as well.
To all those who said they thought fett was a droid in that scene, what film were you watching?
One more thing: some of you thought he died too fast? In sword combat (or any other kind of combat) you can never kill your opponent too fast. That scene just illustrated how cool and skillfull Mace Windu is/was.

So there.
 Frizbee
05-23-2002, 3:59 AM
Okay, any smart person... be they a Motor bike rider, Fighter Pilot, or in the case of the Star wars universe, A Bounty Hunter... makes sure a helmet fits nicely so that A) it doesn't slip down to the wrong angle and block their vision, or B) fall off in the middle of whatever they are doing.

I've seen (In real life, not a movie) a Motor bike rider be decapitated by a bus, and the Rider's head stayed firmly inside the helmet as it rolled about thirty metres down the street.

Now if that head can stay inside the helmet, why is it impossible for Jango's head to have remained in his helmet?

Its the laws of Physics speaking....
 Chastan
05-23-2002, 5:14 AM
your head would swell after you die, it's kind of a nasty thing but true...
 Nute Gunray
05-23-2002, 5:46 AM
Originally posted by Sithxace
mauls body cut in half with noting coming out

There's a nice, fine red mist when it actually happens. Do pay attention please.
 Jim_Blade
05-23-2002, 6:45 AM
The man before me is right.

well remember a light saber when it slashs through someone quarterizes the wound( like you saw in braveheart when they took the hot poker to the old guys wound. the intense heat stops the blood and helps in healing) so you wouldnt see blood and stuff flying around.

what messed me up about that scene was that it seemed like there was a long pole under the head like he was an action figure or someone and the head poped on top.

A light saber is as you now a LASER saber.
There is a lot of heat involved.
When you cut something it would stoll.
You see it when somebody undergoos a LASER operation.
The LASER quarterizes the wound the wound perfectly.

But if this happend to boba I don't no because a lot of peuple say that there was nothing in the halmed (maybe this is Symbolicly used, Boba will have sort of armet to) an other reason can be that Jargo escaped.

But I think that Jargo died already and the wound was conseald/quarterizes (but you never no, maybe you see it in EP3)
 Kit Fisto
05-23-2002, 8:10 AM
ok thats all fine and dandy but why is there a pool of blood when Obi-Wan slices off the aliens arm in the Cantina in episode 4?
 sparky_fox
05-23-2002, 11:48 AM
The reason we dont see jangos severed head can be surmised in two words "PG Rating", Ratings force movie directors to alter the plot from their vision to a more socialy acceptable image, PG gets the most bums on seats but I think we would have seen more of interest if it wasn't self censored in this mannor, the sand people could have been really bloody ;)

As to why the original tirllogy have so much severing of limbs and numerous death fest fight scequences and still remains a U Cert.(Universal) I can only guess that people were not as offended by what they used to see at the cinema, we are all a bunch of pansys nowadays, I can't even go to an 18 Cert. nowadays without my mommy supervising me :D
 Jedi SuperBuen
05-23-2002, 12:10 PM
You do see Jango Fett's head fly out of the helmet... It's when the helmet flies there's a quick shadow... I know for a fact you do, I seen AotC 4 times already. Take a closer look next time you watch the movie...
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-23-2002, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by Jedi SuperBuen
You do see Jango Fett's head fly out of the helmet... It's when the helmet flies there's a quick shadow... I know for a fact you do, I seen AotC 4 times already. Take a closer look next time you watch the movie...

Yep, you are correct, I noticed that in my 2nd viewing and later confirmed it on my 3rd...

Well, that settles it then: JANGO'S HEAD does fall out!

WolfmanNCSU
05-23-2002, 3:10 PM
:explode:
 Jedi_Monk
05-23-2002, 4:13 PM
There's a nice, fine red mist when it actually happens. Do pay attention please.
Aqualish have weird blood chemistry ;)
 Taximes
05-23-2002, 7:56 PM
If you watched it another time more closely, when the helmet hits the ground you also see the head apparently roll out in the opposite for a few seconds. Anyone else see it too or was I have delusions of granduer again? :p
 Majin Andy
05-23-2002, 8:10 PM
actually, to whomever said it that Jango might not be dead and it was a clone, yes, you do in fact see him put on his helmet. When Mace Windu enters and holds his saber to his throat and then backs away when the super battle droids enter, Jango steps aside and puts his helmet on in the corner of the screen. take it from somebody that's seen it at least three times. Yes, Jango is dead, honestly it would be lame if he wasn't, but Boba isn't. It is my prediction that Boba will slay Mace Windu in episode 3, and if he doesn't, he should, because that would be awesome. It is what Jango and Boba and the Mandalorians do anyway, kill Jedi that is.
 bigDAN456
05-23-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Ferox

Then why, in episode IV in the cantina when Obi Wan cuts off Ponda Baba's arm blood comes out???
 Nute Gunray
05-24-2002, 1:47 AM
because when the arm fell five feet and hit the ground, the cauterization broke open.
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-24-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Majin Andy
actually, to whomever said it that Jango might not be dead and it was a clone, yes, you do in fact see him put on his helmet. When Mace Windu enters and holds his saber to his throat and then backs away when the super battle droids enter, Jango steps aside and puts his helmet on in the corner of the screen. take it from somebody that's seen it at least three times. Yes, Jango is dead, honestly it would be lame if he wasn't, but Boba isn't. It is my prediction that Boba will slay Mace Windu in episode 3, and if he doesn't, he should, because that would be awesome. It is what Jango and Boba and the Mandalorians do anyway, kill Jedi that is.

EP3 takes place 2 years from EP2...

ValorXII
05-24-2002, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by [Dom_Pmd]

EP3 takes place 2 years from EP2...

Thats a rumour a this stage unless you can prove otherwise..
 Arius
05-26-2002, 7:43 AM
Jango's head does fall out of the helmet. If you see the movie again look closely after Mace decapitates Jango, you will see 2 separate shadows, one of his head and one of the helmet.
 Sixkiller
05-26-2002, 8:06 AM
look jengo's head doesnt come out cuz the helmet is "stuck" to his head cuz otherwise when he flies his helmet would fall off and people would/could recorgnize him and in the fight between jengo and obi his helmet had to fall of cuz he fell a few times :fett: get it???
 dorain8
05-27-2002, 4:25 AM
"quarterizes the wound"

quarter?
are we talking money

OOOOO YOU MEAN THE BLOOD CLOTS SORT OF LIKE WHEN YOU PUT A HOT IRON TO A BATTLE WOUND

AHHH THAT WOULD BE "COAGULATES"
OR THE WOUND "CLOTS"
 Craz
05-27-2002, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by ValorXII

Thats a rumour a this stage unless you can prove otherwise..

I believe there was a chart in Time Magazine that showed this in a time line.
 darth tyrannus
05-27-2002, 8:28 PM
why do people always feel the need to tell everyone else how many time they've seen the movie already. as if that makes them bigger fans or maybe they know more of the movie(well the probablye do then but that's not my point).

how many times have i seen 'and i should know because i've seen the movie four times already!'

do they just want to make everyone else jealous or something?

often it turns in to a 'o yeah? well ive seen it 5 times!' 'but i've seen it 6 times and i'm seeing it again tomorrow!'-contest.

it troubles me.
 Chastan
05-27-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Arius
Jango's head does fall out of the helmet. If you see the movie again look closely after Mace decapitates Jango, you will see 2 separate shadows, one of his head and one of the helmet.

I think actually this is right. I saw the movie again yesterday and saw a shadow fly by quickly on a similar vector as his helmet. It went by really quickly though, so it may be hard to tell until we get the DVD. :)
 Arius
05-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by dorain8
"quarterizes the wound"

quarter?
are we talking money

OOOOO YOU MEAN THE BLOOD CLOTS SORT OF LIKE WHEN YOU PUT A HOT IRON TO A BATTLE WOUND

AHHH THAT WOULD BE "COAGULATES"
OR THE WOUND "CLOTS"

Actually the word is not made up, just misspelled...

cauterize:
<technique> To stop bleeding through the application of heat (thermal or electric) or a chemical substance (silver nitrate).

To destroy tissue with heat, cold, or caustic substances, usually to seal off blood vessels or ducts.

Meaning when a lightsaber passes through you it 'cauterizes' the wound (or burns it shut)

Dorain, can you please try to lay off the caps lock key? It's really unnecessary.
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 2:06 AM
A) I hope Boba Fett is the one to kill Mace in Episode Three. Perhaps he should even get hired by Anakin to kill Jedi [/speculation]

B) Why did Jango Fett aim five feet above Mace's head in the arena before dying? "I'm going to become stupid now, so you can kill me quickly and knock a few minutes off the film's running time!" :rolleyes:
 comerfo316
05-28-2002, 2:30 AM
Ok this may sound crazy and it is but you cant throw out all possibilities. Jango could have been Sifo Dias who placed the clone order and went under a new name for some reason. His head might not have fallen off caus if he was a Jedi, he would have disappeard.
 VexedSnack
06-05-2002, 3:21 PM
:mob: Another explination is that Jango hid his head in his armor right before Mace sliced it off. Kind of turtle-ish
 MotionMan
06-05-2002, 3:28 PM
:rolleyes:

He is dead people.
 ET Warrior
06-05-2002, 6:07 PM
That's for sure....Jango IS dead, his head DID come out of the helmet, i have watched very carefully and it certainly did fly out, and he is NOT a Jedi......Count Dooku hired Jango to do the clones, because Jango said he was hired by a man named Tiranus (sp?) on one of the moons of Bockden (sp?) And at the end of the movie Darth Sideous calls Dooku Lord Tiranus....

Also, if Jango wasn't dead......why would Boba be so sad when he picked up his dads helmet? If Jango ducked down into his armor he would have gotten up after everyone left..or if it wasn't jango in the armor, boba would have known

His helmet wouldn't necessarily be stuck to his head, it could be attached to his neck piece of his armor so it doesn't come off while he's flying around, but since Mace's saber cut through it...............off it came and out flew the head

And it made perfect sense for mace to toast Jango that fast....his Jet pack had been broken and wasn't working, Jango only had one of his guns, and Mace was sprinting straight at him, blocking his shots with his saber.......He was doomed
 gorganfloss
06-08-2002, 1:53 AM
:fett: :jango: In response to the turtle thing:There's no room in Jango's armor for his head to fit.

"You are alone. Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett":fett:
 Nebelwerfer_
06-08-2002, 7:28 AM
In response to the turtle thing:There's no room in Jango's armor for his head to fit.

I'm pretty sure he was joking, and it was funny :D
 Jaster21801
06-08-2002, 2:22 PM
Hrm... if he DID survive, I wonder how efficient he would be.. what with a mechanical hand and all... But realistically people, HE'S DEAD! Boba takes his place.
 StealthFox
06-09-2002, 12:16 AM
A) I hope Boba Fett is the one to kill Mace in Episode Three. Perhaps he should even get hired by Anakin to kill Jedi [/speculation]

Ummmm.... in episode 5, isn't this kinda what he did? Although Vader didn't have him go kill the Jedi, but capture them.

Funny how enemies become friends after time, isn't it?
 Irishman26
06-09-2002, 10:01 PM
this may have been said but when jango is decapitated u clearly c his head fly away from the helmet
Page: 1 of 1