Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Evil Politics 2

Page: 1 of 1
 madzabrak
05-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Some more musings on the almost limitless opportunities for corruption and general evildoing in the Imperial political world. Imagine this: you are a dark Jedi politician. Think of the power you would have! You could use the Force to trick political opponents into giving you something you need. Just how far you could go with this is something that I eagerly look forward to knowing. You could lie, cheat, and steal, all in the name of the Emperor! As long as you are in his good graces.
 MikeC
05-21-2002, 12:58 PM
As long as you are in his good graces.
Now that's the trick now isn't it. That and becoming a Jedi in the first place.

And the force mind tricks only work on the weak minded. I guess that means you should be able to do them quite easily on the other polititians doesn't it? ;)
 Ascari
05-21-2002, 3:02 PM
If the emperor finds out your a dark jedi, your death :P
 Darth Maxx
05-21-2002, 3:42 PM
The Mindtrick doesn't always work, and if they notice, they can report it. FE: Watto in Episode I.
 Rommel
05-21-2002, 4:21 PM
One key thing your not looking at:

I believe and what the faq and other sources tell me are that once you get to a certain lvl in any profession, you won't have the skill points to put towards anything else.

So while getting force sensitive by picking to be a politician might be the one random (or maybe there will be like 3 or 4 possible random choices for each character) I doubt you will be able to be an effective politician and an effective jedi, dark or otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised that if you do happen to pick the profession or series of skills necessary to become force sensitive that if you don't pick the jedi profession, and choose to advance your sensitivity that it would quickly disapear.

Of course thats just my 2 cents.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:
"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 4:28 PM
Well, if you want to be sucessful, and especially in areas such as politics and trading, you have to be more than the skillpoints on your roster. A trader who can't socialize will have a disadvantage to his fellow traders, no matter how high skillpoints he has. A politician who can't convince other players that he is right will have a hard time using the authority that he is entitled to. So really, having "real life skills" can often balance out not having "ingame skills" in these matters.
 Darth Maxx
05-21-2002, 4:53 PM
And a drugdealer without being able to sneak isn't going to be succesful as well.
 DudEhead
05-21-2002, 6:31 PM
pfff... i'm just gonnan camp and camp till im uber dark jedi, then ill kill all the politicians and call myself emperor (at which time Palpa takes me from behind with one of those lightning thingies :confused: )
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 6:47 PM
He'll "take you from behind"? Isn't this a family forum?! :D
 Lord Helmet
05-21-2002, 7:00 PM
dude, "you" can't "camp" and just "become" a "Jedi"

its "random" and once you become "FS" you gotta find a "trainer"

"understand"
 MikeC
05-21-2002, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by DudEhead
pfff... i'm just gonnan camp and camp till im uber dark jedi, then ill kill all the politicians and call myself emperor (at which time Palpa takes me from behind with one of those lightning thingies :confused: )

Dude, camping isn't going to get you anything! It's definately not going to turn you into a Jedi. http://www.plauder-smilies.com/happy/roflmao.gif)
 gavor
05-22-2002, 1:59 AM
Yeah! What he said!
 DudEhead
05-22-2002, 11:00 AM
People plz for god's sake... It was meant as something funny... even if u could camp to become i jedi, i still wouldn't be some lame :D I'm just gonna bountyhunt after bountyhunt after bountyhunt :fett: Thi sgame is gonna be soooo sweeeeet :D
 madzabrak
05-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ascari
If the emperor finds out your a dark jedi, your death :P

Will the Emperor kill you if you are a DARK Jedi? Probably not. Only if you are a normal Jedi.
 Zendjir
05-22-2002, 11:49 AM
A dark jedi can be a threath to him if he becomes too powerfull. So He'll probably kill him. But if he's just a pawn, well...pawns are usefull.
 DudEhead
05-22-2002, 11:52 AM
errr don't forget the Sith rule: One master, One Adept... no more
 Jan Gaarni
05-22-2002, 12:07 PM
That's the Sith rule yes, but it applies to the ones that are Sith Masters, not Sith followers.
 DudEhead
05-22-2002, 12:16 PM
so, once u get any good, Palpa will perform the same routine on u that he'll do on my camper :)
 Zendjir
05-22-2002, 12:17 PM
The emperor uses multiple dark jedi in dark empire II (comic book)
 DudEhead
05-22-2002, 12:22 PM
err... is that the one where Luke runs over to the dark side?
 Gaalgoth
05-22-2002, 9:51 PM
DudEhead, I'm not ragging on you about being a bountyhunter cause I'm going to try and be one too, but keep in mind it's not a pre-set profession. You have to work for it and be a jack of all trades....It's an advanced profession and will supposedly be hard to reach.
 Wraith 8
05-23-2002, 6:26 AM
uhm...... there can only be 2 SITH
that does not go for dark Jedi....
Page: 1 of 1