Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

why Episode II sucks...

Page: 2 of 2
 MotionMan
05-24-2002, 9:20 PM
Hayden Christensen played his part well.
I like the part when the white haired naboo advisor says to him,"Master Jedi what do you recomend?" and Padame says, "Oh Anikin is not a Jedi knight yet". Anikin was PISSED!LOL:) He was like "EXCUSE ME!"

I really dont see what Jake Lloyd did wrong either. I mean He is a kid for christ sake.Thats his part. Thats how kids act! Did you guys expect him to act like a mental case child like the kid from the 6th sense??? Quiet, and keeping to himself???
 Darklighter
05-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Oh come on! I know kids can't really act well when they're 9 years old. Surely if Anakin had been made 11-12 years old instaead he would have been a bit better. And don't tell me he would have been too old! Luke started training when he was about 30!

Seriously, Jake Loydd just p****d me off bad!!! Jar Jar Binks was bad enough!
 Natty
05-25-2002, 6:26 AM
I like Jake Lloyd better- he seemed to play "I love my mother and can't live without her" better than Hayden did, still given his age and the fact he had never been seperated from her before in ep:1 probably has something to do with it :p

Just comes down to a matter of opinion really- saw it again last night, and Hayden is growing on me in some parts, probably coz I think he's yummy :D I still don't like the whole "lets compare Padmй to sand" part though. I quite like when they literally admit they love each other but decide they can't be together coz she's a seneter and he's a jedi (OK, well Padmй decided) and I love his reaction to it. Even when she admits she loves him, awwwwwwwwww I thought it was sweet :) He still irritates me a lot in some parts though
 lobotomist
05-25-2002, 6:36 AM
Hey Kal-el :)
What is =SSC= ? A Clan? Jedi knight 2 clan?

Anyways
Hayden Christensen SUCKED! Actually it was his fault that the film sucked at all. Surely , i give you that , he had an extremely hard role to play:
a young padawan who bears powers far greater than his teachers.Ripped appart by his chaotic nature and a wish to become a jedi.And jedi nature is all opposite to chaos.In the time Obi-wan's tutorship starts slowing down Anakins progress to power , wich turns to rebellion and arrogance....what comes later we all know.
Now, such a thorn apart personality role would be a hard cookie even for the best actors today...so how it wouldnt be for Hayden Christensen, who is ,sorry to say - just a second rate performer :(

Anywayz

Yes the old films sucked to (especialy if you watch them today, and not 20 years ago , when they were apsolute BREAK TROUGH!)
But still there is something about them, something that most of the people see but doesnt notice...and this my friends is called :
The atmosphere ...

Nuff said...
LOBOTOMIST

(Onaj koji ce vratiti ukradeni B.E.T.O.N)
 C'jais
05-25-2002, 10:54 AM
Actually i think Anakin doesn't compare padmй to sand, but compares the place they are to sand:

-"Not like this place"
-"Here everything is soft .... and smooth" - carressing padmй's arm and back.

That's what i think he said, i saw the movie for the second time last night:rolleyes:

I think Hayden played great, but that's just me opinion, and u can't fight opinions with bad/good taste.

Natty:

I don't think they should have put a child in a starwars movie, it doesn't suit them. I'll admit he wasn't that bad, but i still get the notion that he was just put there to appease the child-audience, along with jar jar, the podrace (which doesn't do anything to further the plot...) and the "roger roger" - battle droids. But that's just my opinion.

Lobotomist:

That atmosphere is called "nostalgia"...
No, the new movies doesn't have the same feeling, but in time they will develop a new kind of atmosphere, i think.
Our opinions about hayden are different, and i respect that.
 JoelStoklosa
05-26-2002, 5:44 PM
I think your just an idiot and would not no a good star wars movie if it bit you in the face! P.S. learn how to spell moron
 Exar Kun II
05-27-2002, 6:28 PM
When i go to see a Star Wars film, i'm not looking for a best picture candidate, a best actor nominee, or even a best screenplay. i'm there to have fun. I'm there to see the story of a family unfold. I'm there to see futuristic environments and devices laced with an underlying medieval flavor of chivalric honor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, if you come to a STAR WARS forum and basically debase, criticize, and demean the man who created it all, expect some people to react. . .in a less than tactful manner.

As far as George Lucas "ripping off" other films, I dare anyone to tell me a 100% original film that has been made in Hollywood. Ever.

Just my $0.02.
 squid808
05-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Exar Kun II
[B]When i go to see a Star Wars film, i'm not looking for a best picture candidate, a best actor nominee, or even a best screenplay. i'm there to have fun.

EXACTLY. and my point is, the movie just didn't make it for me, so sue me. i'm not saying it didn't fly for others, just me. and my immediate family and friends. point being, it's just a movie, people shouldn't get all uppity about it and at the same time entitled to their oppinion. i didn't see the forums name as "completely positive and happy thoughts about the movie only" so again, don't read it if it makes you mad. or, be civil about it. lol, like i said in another thread, if you need to flame, pick something that needs flaming, like telletubbys, or whatever. they NEED a kick in the ass... =)
 Redwing
05-28-2002, 1:33 AM
I've noticed that throughout this thread, the main reasons why we should agree that Epsiode Two sucked is that the people saying so are the TRUE Star Wars fans, and that if we don't agree with them, we aren't TRUE Star Wars fans. So we'd better agree, or else. Same thing with bitterly hinting that you have to be immature not to see what the critic sees, so you'd better agree so you'll be seen as "mature".

Sorry, you'll have to do better than that. All you've shown is that a few parts of Episode II weren't up to par. You've failed to show that the movie itself sucked.

My only major problem with the prequels is the lack of a non-aristocratic major character like Han Solo in the OT. That, however, is more an issue of personal preference then the decided factor of whether the movie "sucks" or not.

What plot errors are you talking about? I didn't see any! The plot actually had depth...but we can't have that, I suppose, at the risk of three year olds not understanding...

Odd camera angles? Huh? Isn't that putting down originality?

And did you really go to see a STAR WARS movie for good dialogue?

Basically...I think GUNNER and Exar Kun II summed it up pretty well earlier in the thread.
 squid808
05-30-2002, 12:06 AM
so you agree that the dialogue was pithe? besides the older black and white soundless movies, isn't the dialogue a main part of it? imagine reading a book with not one piece of dialogue, even though it follows characters... tough, for me anyway. and yes, it's like those e-mails... "if you don't send this to 4,987,276 people in half a minute, you aren't a christian..." same thing, to me anyway. it's all about personal views.
 Darth Facism
05-31-2002, 3:54 PM
I liked the movie overall , my only gripe with the movie is when that coward Anakin kills sandpeople's children and women. Then tells padme he killed them and she marries him ?. She is nuts and that to makes no sense. Then yoda can't tell he butchered all those people? The Jedi council putting up with Anakin's nonsense and murder ? If that's the case the Jedi knights deserved to wipped out.
 Count Beefstew
05-31-2002, 9:04 PM
Is it just me or do most people skip over posts such as this:

"OYA, I'M DORAIN8. I FRIGGIN OWNED U. I'M A FUGGIN IDIOT TYPED ONLY IN KAPS. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MOVIEZ. I KNOW EVERYTHING INKLUDING MOVIEZ, AND ZBELIING! BIATCH WENT DOWN. I MAKE CENTS. YEAH!"
 BlackDove
05-31-2002, 9:08 PM
Yes we skip that because the post explains itself, and it doesn't need a reply, however why the hell would you bump the topic just to say that?
 RichDiesal
05-31-2002, 9:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Facism
Then tells padme he killed them and she marries him ?. She is nuts and that to makes no sense.

She is destined to marry him and cannot help herself. She is drawn to him because her place in history is to give birth to Luke who will force Anakin to bring balance to the Force in RotJ. :)

Then yoda can't tell he butchered all those people?

Yoda did know, but what are you going to do, kill the guy? They want to turn him back to the light. If they go up to him and say "Hey, you're turning evil, stop it," you think that'd do much good? :p

If that's the case the Jedi knights deserved to wipped out.

Eh, probably so in many ways, but that's personal opinion. ;)
 zefreak
06-03-2002, 3:00 AM
Originally posted by GUNNER
I loved it, not much else matters. :rolleyes: :fett:

i saw it and i dont see why you are all whining about it. grow up, although the books are awesome, especially the ones by timothy zahn. long live yoda!
 LooNBB
06-03-2002, 2:14 PM
Hey Guys... this is a little off topic but... sorry I have to..

MEXICO 1 - CROATIA 0

Viva Mexico Cabrones!!
 Darth Facism
06-05-2002, 12:32 PM
We all know she hooks up with him, but to say destiny made her do it is a bunch of bull, it's called "bad story telling" take out the love scenes that weren't done well anyway, and u have a great movie.
 AgentSmith
06-05-2002, 6:22 PM
They say they're true fans, entitled to their opinion that Episode II is bad and George Lucas owes them and screwed up.

Tisk, tisk, tisk. Jealousy, envy, vanity ... how sad.

My 2 cents :

If you think it sucked, don't go and watch it! Let it be! Quit nagging and go watch something you do like!

Think George Lucas does a bad job? Fine, go out to Hollywood and make 'your' version of the movie. Invent it, write it, start the necessary companies for the fx, direct the actors with good dialogues and acting. We'll surely go watch 'your' version and dissect it with as much pleasure. Will you be able to take the heat then?

Didn't meet your expectations? Your own fault. You should have gone to see it without any expectations. Perfection doesn't exist. It's a myth, an illusion. A personal, unique figment in your perverted brain.

Bad dialogue? You say that because you fail to realize that the characters in the movie won't talk and act like you because they are not you, they didn't have your upbringing and live. Therefore they'll talk and act differently from you.
E.g. Jedi are trained and thought to be calm, passive, and so on. I'm surprised their speech isn't even more monotone and flat.

Hey! Here's a concept that works! You're entitled to your own opinion and to express it here. Please do. But don't act like god all mighty who's come to give us his religion of truth. if you want people to respect your different opinion, respect other people's too and don't come in acting like your opinion is the only correct one.
Every person sees the world differently and has a very own opinion because it all depends on our own point of view.

Plot? You don't like it because you probably didn't get it! :p The clonetroopers that save the Jedi now in EP II will eventually be that same army that evolves into Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious' army that will fight and exterminate the Jedi with Darth Vader(Anakin Skywalker). Everything in EP II was expected and so manipulated by Palpatine/Darth Sidious. He counted on the Jedi and the Clonetroopers to fight the Seperatist army. He engineered the entire scheme so that the Jedi and existing armies in the Republic (Which all join the seperatist movement.) get wiped out and that only the army of clonetroopers which he in the end commands remains. He even was able to legalize and create the 'need' for 'his' clone army.
I thought for some plot elements it rated close to the Usual Suspects. Kicked ass!

You people focus soo much on the negative. Why not just enjoy it? Or are you just such poor excuses for people that you have to break down and bitch at everything?
I'd almost pity you...
 ET Warrior
06-05-2002, 11:37 PM
You ask why Yoda couldn't tell Anakin had killed all those Tusken Raiders? Well, they couldn't see if there would be a war, the Jedi could not sense the creation of an entire clone army.....their ability to use the force had been diminished, because the shroud of the dark side had fallen.

And Padme did look frightened when anakin was talking about slaughtering the sand people, but she also understood his grief. and it was destiny that brought them together....and you cannot say destiny doesn't play a part in Star Wars.....because the emperor and Vader are ALWAYs talking about destiny in the OT..

I don't see why that upset you that anakin killed all the sand people though....i mean seriously.....he turns into Darth Vader....he's a BAD DUDE....and he was pretty much really really pissed off at the moment
 xX-Ender-Xx
06-06-2002, 12:50 AM
I thought both SW movies were awesome, but i dont know what was better, the trilogy or the new episodes...
 Redwing
06-06-2002, 1:03 AM
Originally posted by Darth Facism
I liked the movie overall , my only gripe with the movie is when that coward Anakin kills sandpeople's children and women. Then tells padme he killed them and she marries him ?. She is nuts and that to makes no sense. Then yoda can't tell he butchered all those people? The Jedi council putting up with Anakin's nonsense and murder ? If that's the case the Jedi knights deserved to wipped out.

Why does everyone miss it when Yoda and Mace are talking about the Dark Side clouding everything? I mean, they can't see that a Dark Lord of the Sith is the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic---even when they're told so! The Jedi's ability to use the Force is greatly diminished. Even Yoda can only sense Anakin's emotions, rather than his actions. Qui-Gon Jin is the only one who can see him...and Qui-Gon is dead. Big help. ;)

Padme is kinda nutty to be marrying him, yes. But Jedi kill all the time, in case you didn't notice. Knowing that would make it easier to accept what Anakin did, (for Padme anyway) especially when for all she knows (thanks Cliegg), Tuskens aren't even human. You have to understand that these people don't think like us.
 AgentSmith
06-06-2002, 6:04 AM
Hey if someone hurt or killed someone I care deeply about (like my wife) I'd kill the sob's as well as their kids, their grandkids, their parents, their grandparents, any other family, their friends, the friends of their friends and everyone they know. :maul:

Plus with Padme loving Anakin. She loved Anakin already before he killed those Tusken Raiders. Why would her feelings change? Sheesh, how many people these days don't 'fall in love' or have relationships with people in jail/murderers? :confused:

And the Jedi council and Jedi order are not prone to letting padawans or Jedi to themself or banning them from the order if they do such things. They'll try to help or turn them back first. Whenever a Jedi is killed, dies or leaves the order that's a great loss that is deeply felt by the order.
 lord xeen
06-06-2002, 11:43 AM
everyone has their own opinion....

some lines between anakin and padme were a little redundant tho..

honestly speaking.. it was a great SW movie

go yoda
Page: 2 of 2