Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ani vs Dooku

Page: 1 of 1
 Arlathan
05-21-2002, 3:24 AM
this is the most powerful combat i've ever seen in the movie.
I think too, that Ep 3 will be the greatest...
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 3:42 AM
I thought it was interesting that in the arena battle, you can actually see two or three jedi in the background using 2 sabers...
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:46 AM
I'm just reading.....

BTW SLIGHT EP3 SPOILERZZZZZZZ!!!! (like I care if you see or not :p)

NBC's Extra Talks Episode 3
Sun, May 19, 02 03:43:13 PM EDT

From Extra's Star Wars special, some sound bites about Episode 3 (note: the info below is known to happen, so it's not highlighted for spoilers):

Q: What can you tell us about Episode 3?
Lucas: "Well in 3, Anakin becomes Darth Vader so that's about as dark as you can get."
Ewan McGregor comments on his upcoming duel with Anakin Skywalker, "we want it to be the biggest baddest fight scene ever set to movies."
Hayden on donning the Vader suit, "that will be amazing, to actually, really wear Darth Vader's outfit."

The announcer reports about the birth of the twins, Luke and Leia, the rise of the Empire, and the fall of the Jedi for Episode 3.

Samuel L. Jackson talks about his exit in EP3, "I don't think I'm going out like some, some girl. I gotta go down, you know, in a blaze of glory. It (EP3) will lead perfectly into what we know as, you know, the original."

The announcer mentions shooting will start next June and Episode 3 is set to be released May 25, 2005 which would be the 28 years to the day since A New Hope opened in theaters.
 DemonKing
05-21-2002, 4:13 AM
Originally posted by Arlathan
this is the most powerful combat i've ever seen in the movie.
I think too, that Ep 3 will be the greatest...

I disagree - the fight was pretty good but I would liked to have seen a little more of the two-fisted sabre combat and sabre fights are best seen in long shots. In the middle of the Anakin-Dooku fight suddenly we go to close ups of their faces with just sabre flashes for several seconds - cheap and looked terrible.

Best fight so far is still in Episode I. Maul taking on two jedi with the double-bladed lightsabre rules. Many more imaginative and athletic moves pulled off.

Although Dooku's demonstration of his dark force powers was pretty impressive.

Cheers,

DK
 OldSkoolJedi
05-21-2002, 4:17 AM
Count Dooku's Display Was Cool, But nowhere near as cool as Yoda's Bad ass Kung Foo Gansta Display
Page: 1 of 1