Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the SD's in ep2

Page: 1 of 1
 dorain8
05-21-2002, 1:31 AM
teh bridge looks alot like the bridge on the interdictor cruiser
i am talkin about the part of the shipe that is raised from the rest of the hull
 Nebelwerfer_
05-21-2002, 3:33 AM
yers, frum teh bak uv the ship it looks licke an interdicter cruzer, but the long hull looks like a reguler star destroyer.
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 3:37 AM
It's neither, it's actually just a Clone Wars era standard troop transport (can't remember the actual name). :p

Remember, technology advances a lot in a 30 year span. :D
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 2:58 PM
uh yeah, its SUPPOSED to almost look like the star destroyers.. just like the clones are almost supposed to look like storm troopers.

its lucas showing us the birth of the empire. that is what this movie is all about.
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 4:21 PM
Yessss, exactly. The Old Republic is turned into the Empire by Sidious/Palpatine and as time progresses (gap between Ep3 and Ep4), technology advances/changes for whatever reason and the suits and ships look a little different. Perfectly normal thing to happen. :D

Actually, about stormtrooper armor, my guess is that the Empire actually made it cheaper to produce which is why is looks THAT different... the Empire always cared more about its ships than its soldiers.
 RichDiesal
05-21-2002, 4:22 PM
Its capital-level ships I mean... didn't care much about its fighters either. :p
Page: 1 of 1