Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Kenobi
05-20-2002, 3:07 PM
Yesterday, I was playing with two friends a multiplayer game and the game suffer a desincronization. We tried to play two times more, but every time was always the same: we could play for about thirty minutes and then the game says that I or one of my friends was down because we are in a desincronization. We had 1.0 version. Why we can't play?
Thanks and sorry but my english is no good.:D
I forgot to say that we were recording the game and my pc is a pentium 4 and the pc of my friends are a pentium 2.
 safire
05-20-2002, 4:07 PM
Kenobi,

I tried a couple multiplayer LAN games this weekend with four computers and had no problems with pings. My systems are all between PIII 733 and P III 866. Sorry, but I didn't experience lag or anything - it might have to do with the amount of units on the screen.

I did see one unsyncronized problem last week when I first loaded the game but only after starting the game.
 DarthMaulUK
05-20-2002, 4:51 PM
There isnt much u can do here. It happens sometimes much like the dreaded 30 ping bug.

DMUK
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-20-2002, 5:07 PM
Lag sucks :( I symthesies.:D
 polaris_crd
05-26-2002, 5:33 PM
A few tips for online performance...

Here are a few tips to help. If you have an internet service provider like AOL they will disconnect you after about 30 minutes if you remain inactive. You need to find an activity defeat page I.E: a page that refreshes every 3-10 minutes, that way you can stay online and play. I use to have the same problem as you. It was fixed once I used the refresh page. Search for "b-net anti logoff page" and you should find it. It works with any online game.

I also found that out of sync occurs when people have huge difference between connection speed IE: Having people with DSL playing with people with 56K modem can sometimes cause problems. So its better to have people with similar connection speeds.

If you have 30 ping chances are you have your firewall on. Just turn it off and you will be fine.

Also remember that when you re-install the game you have to run the game at least once after you install the patch or you can't play online.

Going into options and changing the graphics detail down to medium or low will always greatly improve your performance and speed the game up.

Make sure programs are not running in the background. Hit ctrl+alt+delete and turn off everything except explorer, aoltray, and systray. Disable your anti-virus program because it can conflict with your game. Just remember to turn it back on if you plan on surfing the net. TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL SO PEOPLE DON"T BITCH AT YOU WHEN YOU COME IN A GAME AND YOUR PING IS 30!!! LOL The only other way a person would have a 30 ping is if they had A T1 connection which I REALLY DOUBT because it costs over $400 a month to have.
 polaris_crd
05-26-2002, 5:39 PM
LOL I've experienced about every problem you can have online. Here is the one I had last week.... If you have one phone line and someone picks up the phone you automaticly get disconnected from your game. Sucks.. So be sure to tell other people when your online.
Page: 1 of 1