Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Server Sizes

Page: 1 of 1
 Cmdr_Ke3n
05-18-2002, 9:07 PM
Hi, I'm the new guy. I've never participated in an MMORPG, so please don't make fun of me. My question is this:
How many people can fit on a server on a time?

Is it about the same as any other online game (like an fps), or can you fit more?
 Jan Gaarni
05-18-2002, 9:15 PM
We don't make fun at new guys here. :)
We're a really friendly group. :p

WELCOME TO SWGALAXIES . NET!!!

As for the server sizes, there has been no word on how many are gonna be able to fit on 1 server yet.
I've heard rumors of up to 3000, but don't quote me on that. :p

Also, there's supposed to be more than 1 server per region, right guys ... and gals? :confused:
 Gaalgoth
05-18-2002, 9:21 PM
yeah, that should be right. Welcome, ke3n
 setsuko
05-18-2002, 9:30 PM
How many persons will fit on each server? As many as the server allows. No, but seriously, everything between 1000 to 100 000 is a valid reply. Why? Because we do not know what hardware they will use to the servers, and what their policy on server sizes will be. Nothing. Until we get that info, each guess is as good as any others.
 Gaalgoth
05-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Setsuko, where are you from?
 MikeC
05-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Welcome

We really don't know just what the server size is.

Didn't we just have this discussion? Hang on, let me see if I can find it.
 Koffin
05-20-2002, 3:27 PM
Well alot depends on the size of the server. It would have to be pretty big if you wanted to fit in a group of people. I went to my uncles internet company and tried to get into his server there. I had to remove the side of the case before i could get in, and even then my arms hung out.
 setsuko
05-20-2002, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
Setsuko, where are you from?

From Sweden. Thats La Suиde in french, mon ami. :)
 Darth Maxx
05-20-2002, 4:32 PM
Mais tu sais, il ne sont pas beaucoup d' Amйricains qui peux comprendre le franзais ou mкme le parler.
Alors... :D
 setsuko
05-20-2002, 4:49 PM
Haha, d'accord :) Meiguoren bu hui shuo fayu! Bu hui yidianr! :P

I guess it is up to us weird european to be multilingual. Gцtt som fan att inte bara prata ett sprеk.
 Darth Maxx
05-20-2002, 5:05 PM
Mais je ne parle pas de suedois :)
Seulement le nйerlandais, l' anglais et le franзais.

Mais Gaalgoth est plus вgи que moi et il ne peut parler que l' anglais. Hehehe
 setsuko
05-20-2002, 6:12 PM
Hahaha! Mon de francais is tres mauvais, c'est... cinq ans avec ne pas de parler. Mais, mon de chinois est tres bien, eh? :) Je parler.. seulment sept langages, main pas bien.
 Gaalgoth
05-20-2002, 8:27 PM
And you wonder why Americans hate foreigners. =)
 setsuko
05-20-2002, 8:30 PM
Because I confuse my possessive pronouns in french and chinese? :P
 Gaalgoth
05-20-2002, 8:49 PM
haha....no, cause.....shuttup.....=)
 Ascari
05-20-2002, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
haha....no, cause.....shuttup.....=)

Ah yes, not only do we have different species language in the europian servers. We will also have all europian languages !

U will notice the germans because they come in packs, having a beer in 1 hand, and a big sausage they dip in the beer in the other :)

anyone else care for some other stereotypes? :)
 setsuko
05-20-2002, 9:33 PM
A person from the Netherlands, asking about stereotypes? Heavy duty drugs, anyone? Oh, and tulips. :D
 MikeC
05-21-2002, 2:46 AM
lol
 Koffin
05-21-2002, 3:49 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
Hahaha! Mon de francais is tres mauvais, c'est... cinq ans avec ne pas de parler. Mais, mon de chinois est tres bien, eh? :) Je parler.. seulment sept langages, main pas bien.

Uhhh......someone should tell these guys that Klingons are in Star TREK!!!!!!
 Wraith 8
05-21-2002, 6:42 AM
Originally posted by setsuko
A person from the Netherlands, asking about stereotypes? Heavy duty drugs, anyone? Oh, and tulips. :D oh no.. not another one who think that all Dutch people smoke weed and have wooden shoes plus tulips :p.... man you foreigners hang out in to many big cities here in holland :D.. you only see that stuff in: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht en so....

and the german steriotypes.. well.. is right in the smaller mountainouis villages :D.. believe me.. i was there :D.. but sweden... uhmmm girls who are... lets say.. willing :D amd blonde :D and cars that are super save :D

But to come back at the sevrers.. i had a thought about that.(everybody hit the deck)
i was thinking if it wouldnt be easier to put one planet on one server? like Tattooine is on one server, Corellia on one.. like so people from all over the world would connectr with eachother..
 Ascari
05-21-2002, 7:19 AM
I think they are going to do something

Every piece of land has their own server.

But if nobody is on that piece of land they will automaticly use that server for a crowded place.

I believe I read this somewhere.
 setsuko
05-21-2002, 9:49 AM
As I said, AO tried this, and well, it did not really work that good. Though, if done proper, it is possible, and would mean that you simply jumped between the servers a lot. I've seen it implemented, but not implemented well. Sure, I believe it would be the best solution possible, if they could manage to make it work. What I don't know if it is the best solution on the economy side, since that's what they'll propably care for mostly.
Page: 1 of 1