Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What the hell was she thinking?

Page: 1 of 1
 MikeC
05-18-2002, 5:22 PM
I don't think there's anything in the way of EPII spoilers in here - it's pretty common knowledge.

I was just wondering, what the hell was Amidala thinking? Why would anyone fall in love with a whiny self absorbed brat like Anakin? He must have been using a Jedi Mind Trick or slipped her some drugs or SOMETHING.
 Darth Evad
05-18-2002, 6:35 PM
Women...can't live with 'em...
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of women?

I don't think they focused enough on the time they spent together on Naboo.
Anakin is manipulative and ambitious. He could charm his way into her heart. With the death of his mother, she may even feel a bit sorry for him.
 Gaalgoth
05-18-2002, 6:36 PM
I think she was a pedophile. I mean my god, when they first met he was like 8. That's just gross.
 MikeC
05-18-2002, 10:15 PM
I denfinately have to agree with you there Gaalgoth.

Darth Evad - the problem is that he is NOT charming. That's what's so confusing. He's a brat.
 Gaalgoth
05-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Amidala is gust creepy. I guess some of that make up got into her blood or something. Hey Mike, what is the most likely job you're going to have?
 MikeC
05-18-2002, 10:47 PM
Until the cops catch up to me it will be stalking all the pretty women... Oh, you meant in the game didn't you? Well, it will probably be about the same in the game.

I'm not sure. My primary character will be a wookie. He will probably be a trader or maybe a chemist (or some similar low level crafter). I will also probably have a human imperial as my secondary character. He will probably be in inteligence.
 Hannibal
05-22-2002, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
I think she was a pedophile. I mean my god, when they first met he was like 8. That's just gross.

She was 14 he was 9. It's 10 years later. How many 24 and older drool over Jessica Alba who is 20. It's no different.

I think she should have run for her life after he confessed to killing the raiders.
 Koffin
05-22-2002, 4:56 PM
well it really isnt to suprising, look at her overwhelming (and over-acted) moans when she was injured. Its obvious she has a great need for drama, and who would be better to link up with then a little brat who has some serious soap opera issues.

Well, maybe looks alone can still get you places in star wars....
 Absath
05-25-2002, 8:08 PM
yeah ep2 didnt show any kind of a spark whatsoever between those two. I mean...in the originals, you SAW a connection between han and leia...you were rooting for them.

in ep2 it went from "yeah we're both attractive but we can't get involved" to "i love you!!!!" in the span of a scene =P

god damn you george. he has such a terrible habit of not caring about his characters.

-Abs
 Xirion
05-26-2002, 12:23 AM
lol
 Paragon_Leon
06-05-2002, 2:43 PM
Actually, the evolution of their love is a bit better than all this.
One of the first things she says when she sees him again after 10 years, is: 'You will always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine'. Now, remember when she's packing her suitcase and says: 'Anakin, you've grown up ?' During the trip to Naboo she says that he's changed so much... I'll admit that his talk at that point is manipulative, but it fits with his cockiness.
It's a little fast-blooming, all in all, but it's a process none the less.
Page: 1 of 1